main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How many of you go to the movies in costume?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Leigh-S-Durron, Jul 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leigh-S-Durron

Leigh-S-Durron Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 29, 2003
    I'm not really sure why I'm posting this other than I want to know if my friends and I are the only ones who do this. Well post away!

2. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    I may not, yet I know for a fact that there are others whom do, check it out at the Costuming and Props forum ;) .

3. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    I took Dooku's lightsaber to AotC the 2nd time I saw it. That was as far as I went. :p

4. Leigh-S-Durron

Jun 29, 2003
    TKS Stridarious. Maybe I should have posted this in that section. LOL

5. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    Actually, since this doesn't actually concern costuming itself (the making of costumes, props, etc.), it would probably be better suited for the Star Wars Community. ;) :)

Ken Kenobi- And you have a nice day ;)

6. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    Never have never will.

7. Iron_Fist

Iron_Fist Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 30, 2003
    Ken speaks wisdom. Take this to Star Wars Community.

And no. I don't go to any movie is a costume. I go in clothes :cool:

8. Jedi_Loon

Jedi_Loon Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 15, 2002
    I don't have the courage :)

9. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    My honorary sister and I were all set to take lightsabers to AotC, but my real sister threatened to break them. That said, we're seeing how many people we can con into going to Ep. 3 dressed as obscure female characters.

10. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Yeah, I brought a lightsaber with me to AotC, and if I was able to find my jedi cloak I would have worn that too. ;)

Jae Angel

11. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    IMO, this shouldn't be moved. I mean, this is the EUC, where EU fans talk about stuff, and talking about what EU fans do at the movies shouldn't have a problem being here. But that's just my opinion. ;)

12. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    I went to see 28 Days Later in costume.

The costume had nothing to do with the movie, but I was in costume, technically.

13. AdmiralDae

AdmiralDae Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 24, 2003
    I do! ^.^ For Ep 2 I went dressed as Jedi, complete with cloak and lightsaber. For Ep 3, I think I'm gonna dress up as something a little fancier...

14. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    IMO, this shouldn't be moved. I mean, this is the EUC, where EU fans talk about stuff, and talking about what EU fans do at the movies shouldn't have a problem being here. But that's just my opinion.

Well you're right, but the thing is this is the EUC, where EU fans talk about the EU. The SWC is where Star Wars fans talk about different aspects of the Star Wars films, and since it's a community, topics there are targeted at the fans, and therefore this question would be quite suitable here.

To sum it up, what I mean is this thread would be appropriate if it was more like "How many of you go to the bookstore in costume when a new novel comes out?" or "How many of you go to Wal-Mart in costume when a new EU game is released?" :p

;) :)

15. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Ken: I do. Both.

Yeah, bring it.

:p

16. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    So do I. The lady at the book store calls me Vader, since I always dress up like him. :)

Not really. :) :p

17. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    I went to the midnight Clones opening night dressed as Maul. Mainly because for Halloween 2000, that's who I dressed up as and still had most of the stuff lying up in my closet.

And it wasn't a half-ass job either. I went in full make-up and probably 90% authentic-looking costume. The local TV got me walking out, but it was just a background shot.

It was kind of neat. Of my friends that went with me, this chick was going to dress as Princess Leia and she ended up wussing out.

18. moff_Sammael

moff_Sammael Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2001
    I went in my black imp uniform for midnight premiere of AOTC. Next day, a photography of me was printed in a republic-wide newspaper. Imagine my shock when my teacher recognized me! :D

19. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    I went to the midnight Clones opening night dressed as Maul.

Ooooh, that'd be cool. Walking around at midnight looking like some demon killer slayer vampire thingamabob scaring the pants off of people. [face_devil] :p

Next day, a photography of me was printed in a republic-wide newspaper. Imagine my shock when my teacher recognized me!

[face_laugh] That's great... ;) :D :)

20. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    I've dressed up every chance I've had. Queen Amidala for Christmas show, Padme at the last movie, Leia for Life Be In It day, Mara Jade for Christmas Pageant, Mara for McDonald's promotional, Padme for Magic of Myth in Sydney and most recently Mara Jade for Toy fair three weeks ago and a Star Wars Toy Shop opening last Saturday!!! Every chance I get.....

:D

21. jedishellyskywalker

jedishellyskywalker Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    I dress up as Princess Leia on a regular basis! I wore the costume from ANH to school on sports day, and despite the fact I was wearing a long white dress, I managed to win a 100m sprint. (And if I may say so, I did it looking good! Buns an' all!)

Even when I'm not wearing costume, I often do my hair in SW styles. Today for example, I have my hair done like Leia's on Cloud City, in ESB.

Am I special or what???

Shelly

22. Rachel_Moonstar

Rachel_Moonstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2003
    I want to go in costume to see TPM but I didn't have anything that would have worked. :(

But I plan to have one for Episode III, though I'm not sure what.

I do know I will have a Ysanne Isard costume before the year is out.

23. Leigh-S-Durron

Jun 29, 2003
    Glad to see that some of you are as crazy as I am. Altho I don't go to the book store in costume I'm well known for going to movies in costume.

Speaking of, I just went to see Pirates of the Caribbean in full costume yesterday. (If anyone has not seen that movie you need to go. It's Great!)

Ok, and as for moving this thread, Ithink since I have posted here I'm just going to leave it here.

Leigh

24. Jauhzmynn

Jauhzmynn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    Humm I went on costume last halloween to the IMAX opening for AOTC. The local 501st was doing seciruty for a ROcky Horrow picture show and i was the ONLY Jedi amoungst a sea of white armoured Stomries.:D

The Local costuming groups go to scifi movies premere openings in costumes pertaining to the particular flick. A lot more fun with a few groups of people, better for conventions.

25. Otto_den_Ktulu

Otto_den_Ktulu North Ridge Event Coordinator star 5

Jan 19, 2002
    I got on the evening news dueling with my gf at the time, dressed as a Dark Jedi for the day premiere of AotC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.