How Many Oscar Noms Will AOTC Get?

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by cherryfunk, Feb 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 5darth2maul1 Force Ghost

star 4
    AOTC will be nominated for, and win Best Animated Feature 8-}

5D2M1
  2. cuvuhguh Jedi Padawan

Lol @ 5D2M1

Personally, I think it's high time Frank Oz was nominated for Yoda. That's some good acting! Not that I think he will be, of course, it's just something I'd like to see...
  3. Duckman Jedi Master

star 4
    KNIMBLEKNIGHT:
    "Duckman - don't say your opinions are facts. There's no better way to lose credibility."

Me lose credibility? That's unpossible! :)

"My opinion: TPM's score was subpar. John Williams dropped the ball, and there's no way it even deserved an Oscar nomination."

Fine, but can you name FIVE better films scores from 1999? I doubt it.

"My opinion: The Matrix had mind-boggling, never before heard sound effects. TPM's sound was good, but The Matrix's sound was better."

The Matrix was overrated in every department.

"I agree with SFX. TPM was a landmark visually - way more impressive than The Matrix or anything else that came out that year."

Well, at least we agree on something ;)

"FACT: People have different opinions, and your opinions are not always FACTS."

It is a fact that my opinions are more objective than most peoples.
  4. KNIMBLEKNIGHT Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well I can't argue with that logic!

You're right, I can't think of 5 better scores, because 1999 is just too far out of my memory. The only movie I paid any attention to that year was TPM (and The Matrix). Maybe on the strength of Duel of the Fates alone I could possibly see it getting a nomination, but I still feel strongly that it wasn't Oscar-worthy.

I can't wait to hear AOTC's score. From what I've read about it, it seems to be much stronger than TPM's score, so hopefully it will rewarded justly.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.