main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Richmond,VA How many people have custom SW stuff they would like to show off at a get together?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by StrangeWings, Nov 16, 2005.

?

How many people have custom SW stuff they would like to show off at a get together?

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
  1. Lightsabers and/or weapons.

33.3%
  2. Costumes.

22.2%
  3. Toys and figures.

22.2%
  4. Rare items.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. None but I want to see what everyone else has.

22.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StrangeWings

StrangeWings Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2005
  2. jackboot

jackboot Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2004
    I also just want to meet people that are into the same stuff as me.
    A friend suggested just walking around in a mall and possibly handing out flyers one day.
    How about that? (in costume of course)

3. StrangeWings

StrangeWings Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2005
    Costumes may get you kicked out of a mall. I was talking to the people in the FF Pittsburgh and they suggested getting cheap business cards made up and if you see someone in a book store, toy store or wherever give them one. They said they got a lot of people that way.

4. JediMistressDragon

JediMistressDragon Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 20, 1999
    My husband in his trooper armor and me in jedi did the Chesterfield Towne Center mall for DVD release, but the manager of Suncoast let mall security know and all, so it was fine for us both. But best thing to do is always contact mall security of one near you and ask. If they say no, than you know. never do something outside of Halloween without contacting security with a mall or police or anything.
    Best thing to do. Make a flyer up and put up at libraries, local comic shops, there's a science fiction/fantasy/hororor bookstore, Creatures and Crooks in Carytown that you can put flyers down on a table there, and there's a con coming up in April here, now there's a place to maybe get people. Called Ravencon and website is http://ravencon.com and another con in Williamsburg, Marscon: http://marscon.net . Best places to find others like you.
    Pam

5. Tetmatek

Tetmatek Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 25, 2005
    I have lots of this stuff. Wife thinks too much some times but she will still have fun with it too. I live in chesterfield and had one he-- of a halloween party. lots of lightsaber battles and such. so i guess i am all for any type of sci fi get together. i also collect Stargate props and mem from 1994 motion pic and sg1. so lets see if there is anymore interest in richmond ares!

6. jackboot

Mar 21, 2004
    Now that we know we want to get together and show off or look at stuff the question remains as to where, and when. Any suggestions?

7. DERTHH_MAWLZ

DERTHH_MAWLZ Jedi Master star 1

Aug 5, 2005
    I have some EL sabers I could show off. Im always partial to the Barnes and Noble bookstore on hull street, or maybe the one by chesterfield town center which might be a little more centrally located.

Joe

8. jackboot

Mar 21, 2004
    Here's what I am thinking. It will have to be after the hollidays but we should just pick a weekend and bring what we want to see/show off and talk about. Then we can move from there. I think the Chesterfield center Barnes & Noble Booksellers is good but I need directions. Jan 7th is good for me waht about all of you?

9. DERTHH_MAWLZ

DERTHH_MAWLZ Jedi Master star 1

Aug 5, 2005
    Jan 7th should be ok with me. You should be able to google or mapquest the bookstore, Im sure it would give you better directions than I would!

At the very least, maybe we can call meet up at ravencon this year. http://www.ravencon.com

10. amaunet

amaunet Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    Glad to see that people are finally interested in getting together for this group...Will be much happier once a meeting goes off without falling apart as they seem to do so often.

As for the 7th, not good for me--we have a RPG that day from 11-11.

11. amaunet

amaunet Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    Wow, I make a comment and the world goes quite.

I hope that you guys were able to work things out and meet on Saturday. How did it go? Who showed up? and What was discussed/showed off?

12. James3

James3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2006
    I have Lightsabers, costumes(some better then others), toys(packed in the attic) books, whatever.
    Star Wars, Stargate...I love it all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.