main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How many people in this fan club?

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by AceHoly, Oct 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AceHoly

AceHoly Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 6, 2003
    I keep telling myself I need to MEET people, then get too busy with work to do it.

I posted here a few times many months ago (I THINK it was under this name, but I don't really remember). It was right around the time the group name was selected. I live in Port Orange and am a Director of Marketing.

How many people are in the Daytona group? If I'm over 40, does that make me the over-the-hill granddaddy?

In defense of my age - I've been a key player/creator in several very popular fan sites, have made it into the dedications for TWO Star Wars novels, and even had a character named after me. Well.. after my REAL name, anyway.

So - what's the dilio?

-Ace

2. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Hey Ace! Glad to hear from you again!

To answer your question, there are about 10 official members (meaning they have attended a minimum of three meetings), although there are quite a few more who are just finding us or haven't quite made their three meetings yet.

We are all pretty much in our twenties, but with a common bond as strong as Star Wars, age really doesn't matter much. Kinda like what Yoda said, only different. ;)

I don't know how much you have browsed the Daytona boards, but we are having a meeting tomorrow (Saturday). If you are free, you should swing by! The details are in the "October Meeting" thread.

Hope to see you!

3. Leia214

Leia214 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2004
    Ok - I am going to hop into this thread!

I live in St Augustine but there is NO SW action up here - Jacksonville can't ever seem to get something together.

What's the scoop on the club - any formal get-togethers? I am off to check your group website.

Julia

4. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    Oh no, not the website!!!!

We're still playing around with when our next meeting is. Since most of us are in college are schedules are kinda iffy any given week. I think we were shooting for the weekend after Thanksgiving?? Liana, are you still a no for that time?

5. Leia214

Leia214 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2004
    Cool! I will be in Deland for Thanksgiving so I'll keep checking the boards to see when the next meeting is. Maybe I will stop in . . .

I am in the 9 - 5 grind so weekends are my only time to travel. I am the only one in my office with action figures so it makes me REALLY wierd in their eyes - a WOMAN with Star Wars? hah!

Julia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.