How many people in this fan club?

Discussion in 'Daytona Beach, FL' started by AceHoly, Oct 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AceHoly Jedi Knight

star 1
    I keep telling myself I need to MEET people, then get too busy with work to do it.

I posted here a few times many months ago (I THINK it was under this name, but I don't really remember). It was right around the time the group name was selected. I live in Port Orange and am a Director of Marketing.

How many people are in the Daytona group? If I'm over 40, does that make me the over-the-hill granddaddy?

In defense of my age - I've been a key player/creator in several very popular fan sites, have made it into the dedications for TWO Star Wars novels, and even had a character named after me. Well.. after my REAL name, anyway.

So - what's the dilio?

-Ace
  2. Jayna Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey Ace! Glad to hear from you again!

To answer your question, there are about 10 official members (meaning they have attended a minimum of three meetings), although there are quite a few more who are just finding us or haven't quite made their three meetings yet.

We are all pretty much in our twenties, but with a common bond as strong as Star Wars, age really doesn't matter much. Kinda like what Yoda said, only different. ;)

I don't know how much you have browsed the Daytona boards, but we are having a meeting tomorrow (Saturday). If you are free, you should swing by! The details are in the "October Meeting" thread.

Hope to see you!
  3. Leia214 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ok - I am going to hop into this thread!

I live in St Augustine but there is NO SW action up here - Jacksonville can't ever seem to get something together.

What's the scoop on the club - any formal get-togethers? I am off to check your group website.

Julia
  4. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh no, not the website!!!!

We're still playing around with when our next meeting is. Since most of us are in college are schedules are kinda iffy any given week. I think we were shooting for the weekend after Thanksgiving?? Liana, are you still a no for that time?
  5. Leia214 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Cool! I will be in Deland for Thanksgiving so I'll keep checking the boards to see when the next meeting is. Maybe I will stop in . . .

I am in the 9 - 5 grind so weekends are my only time to travel. I am the only one in my office with action figures so it makes me REALLY wierd in their eyes - a WOMAN with Star Wars? hah!

Julia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.