main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST How many Prequel-specific species in the ST?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by KitsterAKABobaFett, Jul 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    I think you'll see some PT aliens in the background & one might even have a bigger role BUT NO GUNGANS !!!

2. dyous87

dyous87 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 5, 2006
    I don't mind Gungans. I don't want to see Jar Jar but the Gungans as a race do not bother me as a rule.

What I definitely do not want to see is any of Yoda's species in this movie (unless it's a Yoda force ghost). I hated having Yaddle in the PT and I think she cheapened the mystery behind Yoda's species.

plaidphoenix likes this.
  3. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    Also SWTOR had a Yoda species. Totally bothered me. Just for the sake of my own sanity, I pretend that Yaddle is the closest thing to Yoda's species, but not exactly.

darklordoftech likes this.
  4. TtheForceHurts

TtheForceHurts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2010
    I don't know why inserting Prequel aliens into the ST is an issue, it is not as if they all died out in the meantime. The Galaxy is a huge place. If they ever decide to go to Nar Shadda or the Coruscant underworld you can expect all kinds of aliens to pop up.

Personally I have only one alien species that I truly despise and that is that Shark Thing from the TCW Mon Cala ark (close second is the Podrace announcer).
    I would like to see that giant curved head that shared the box at the race with Watto and another member of Oppo Rancissis species.

5. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Thank you! Nobody says that Yoda appearing in ESB and ROTJ is a continuity issue.

EviL_eLF and thejeditraitor like this.
  6. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    The only thing that would bother me is seeing Tattooine without Jawas. And I'm pretty sure we'll see Jawas!

I see no reason why all the aliens can't show up at a space port. Which kind are actual characters is a different story.

As for the Kamino aliens, for some reason I always had it in my head that after the clone wars, Sidious would have had that entire planet killed off so that the true nature of who ordered the clones would never be revealed. But hey, you never know!

Revanfan1, EviL_eLF and Iron_lord like this.
  7. Luminous Beings Are We

Luminous Beings Are We Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2014
    What if we saw some of the PT species in VII transformed through the visuals of the OT or mo-cap?

8. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    one thing that needs to happen in the st is what gl did in the pt. introduce new species as much as possible using lesser numbers of already established species. that way you expand the universe greatly with every film.

also something like a gungan would be out of place on tatooine because of the climate. like a jawa on naboo.

9. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014
    I 'd mainly like to see a Zabrak and Togruta characters. I think we'll see plenty in background roles tho.

10. Twwwon

Twwwon Jedi Padawan

May 7, 2014
    I don't think we will see many repeated species. Its not a "it appeared here, so it can't appear here" sort of thing. I just think the focus will be on expanding the universe, and with that comes an entire array of new species. I'd rather have an entire new set of aliens for the ST such as the ones the OP mentioned for the PT than have the galaxy populated by the same 12 species.

That being said, LFL does still have all the CGI models for the species from the PT, so they could be easily shoved into a scene (they'd be far away, so the difference in model quality wouldn't be a big deal). I just doubt they will be leading characters

thejeditraitor likes this.
  11. Victorian Time Traveler

Victorian Time Traveler Jedi Master star 3

Nov 20, 2012
    We're bound to see at least one Dug in our Tatooine scenes.
    I have a feeling we'll be seeing a few more Togrutas sprinkled here and there.

Bail B. Baobab likes this.
  12. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    I desperately want there to be Gungans somewhere in the ST. It doesn't have to be a big role, just something in the background.
    Chagrians would be cool too.

Honestly, if we don't get a decent mix of PT, OT, and new species over the course of the ST, I'll be very surprised and even more disappointed. It just seems like a given to me. [face_dunno]

13. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    For the new characters I'd prefer to see new aliens but there will be OT/PT aliens in the background of the ST.

14. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    I disagree with this. The OT didn't have as many environments that had a varied population of species as the PT did. Most of the time was spent in places like Hoth, Dagobah and Endor or on the Death Star or a Star Destroyer etc.

Only Tatooine and Bespin could qualify as populated areas, and they are backwater locations that are mostly afterthoughts in the Galaxy (Lando specifically saying their operation is too small to be noticed by the Empire).

The PT spends time on Coruscant, and goes to more varied locations such as Naboo, Mustafar, Utapau, Kamino, Geonosis, as well as going back to Tatooine... again which is described as sparsely populated.

Thus the ST going to populated locations, or even to home planets of some of these species would not have any of them appearing as anything remotely out of place, or do anything to take away from suspension of disbelief.

After all, we've seen how varied the species can be even in a sparsely populated Tatooine. ;)

my kind of scum and mes520 like this.
  15. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Yeah didn't they add PT aliens to Mos Eisley and Jabba's Palace? It'll be fine.

16. Rickern

Rickern Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    There shouldn't be many gungans around since they weren't big travelers, more of a local race, like Ewoks. Obi Wan and Qui-Gon didn't know the species when they met Jar Jar (and Naboo was an important planet in the republic).

Although it'd be funny to have a two-second cameo of one or two gungan senators or such, walking in the background, just for nostalgia's sake (just walking - no antics please).

And maybe some races from the Mos Eisley cantina, like Ithorians or Duros.

Revanfan1 and darklordoftech like this.
  17. vinsanity

vinsanity Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2013
    I'm totally ok with seeing some PT alien species in the new films.

18. Jair Crawford

Jair Crawford Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 3, 2012
    Imagine this... an old, wise, Jedi Master, who's cool, calm, and composed... he duel wields purple lightsabers like a pro... and he is, a Gungan.

*Watches people mutter and walk away.*

What...? That would be cool! How... how am I the only person who would think that was cool?

*Watches the rest of the people mutter and walk away.*

What... nobody? Nobody wants to see an awesome Gungan Jedi?

*Silence*

19. EviL_eLF

Mar 16, 2003
    Hey, a Jedi Gungan would be awesome!

"Weesa get bombad!"

[​IMG]

Even better! Let's go with a Sith Gungan!

"Yoosa underestimate da Darkside Power!"

[​IMG]

20. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I thought Palpatine was a Gungan in disguise (he is from Naboo). ;)

EviL_eLF likes this.
  21. EviL_eLF

Mar 16, 2003
    That makes sense! Hence why Jar Jar gave Palps the emergency powers that enabled him to become Emperor! Jar Jar was his apprentice!

Revanfan1, mes520 and darklordoftech like this.
  22. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    They overplayed Yaddle by just having her appear and underplayed her by not giving her a significant role. If we see another representative of Yoda's species, it shouldn't be just a walk-on.

dyous87 likes this.
  23. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    We'll definitely see Ithorians, Aqualish, and Bith. They seem to be all over the galaxy.

24. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    And Rodians. They seem to be pretty omnipresent as well. (and Ishi Tibs...) There were also sullustans in rotj, tpm, and rots. (I believe the sullustan costume in aotc never saw screen time...)

Revanfan1 and darklordoftech like this.
  25. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    jar jar is the king of the gungans in the st. he is also one of the heads of the alliance. han and king binks, as he is called, have a falling out and since king binks outranks han he has taken the falcon and impounded it. han has to steal the falcon to go look for luke.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.