How Many Simultaneous Battles in AOTC???

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Qey Santim, Mar 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emperor_Dan Jedi Master

star 4
    We're missing any footage from a space battle, if there is one.
  2. GORILLA Jedi Knight

star 2
    You're right Emperor_Dan, there needs to be a good all out space battle in AOTC. Not that wussy little scirmish we got in TPM.
  3. Emperor_Dan Jedi Master

star 4
    ESB didn't have a space battle. I've noticed the prequels have been focusing on land battles more.
  4. GORILLA Jedi Knight

star 2
    You're right again, my bad. Anyway it looks as if AOTC has many parallels to ESB. I only hope that it matches ESB in quality as well.
  5. slackerj Jedi Knight

star 1
    I wouldn't say there are NO space battles, Obi-Wan in his Jedi starfighter and Jango in Slave 1 counts as a space battle.
  6. DarthSapient Jedi Youngling

star 10
    Your main battle will be what you saw from the Clone War trailer - a massive ground assault. It is the dry and sandy version of the Hoth campaign IMO.
  7. JimboTheScorbutic Jedi Knight

star 1
    I saw that quotation in Empire too and i'm surprised fewer people haven#t picked up on it.

4 battles was far too many in TPM and i'm quite scared it'll be the same in AOTC.
  8. hew Force Ghost

star 4
    Without giving anything away, I think that Burtt's comment about 20 minutes of action cutting between 4 different battles (or something like that) is misleading.

Sure, the action doesn't all take place in one single location, but I don't think it will be as spread out and disconnected as TPM or RotJ, where you have a battle up in space, then a ground battle, and a seperate lightsaber battle somewhere else....

It's a little more linear in AotC, with a better flow from one to the other.
  9. General_Lando Jedi Knight

star 1
    It's seems logical that there will be more of a land battle than a space battle since the republic has no standing army from what I gather till now. To build thousands of spaceships is costful and time consuming while creating clones and handing them blasters isn't as hard. THe republic monitors everything so a vast order or hyperdrive's and proton torpedoes would be a red signal flare while cloning is relatively easy to mask.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.