main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST How many stars do you predict you'll give TFA next week?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by DebonaireNerd, Dec 9, 2015.

?

How many stars?

1. Jar Jar Binks

6 vote(s)
    7.8%
  2. One

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Two

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Three

7 vote(s)
    9.1%
  5. Four

34 vote(s)
    44.2%
  6. Five

30 vote(s)
    39.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RC-2473

RC-2473 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 14, 2015
    some of them

2. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
  3. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    I don't know yet. Some elements have me excited, some are pure and utter meh. So until I see the movie I cannot predict such things. Besides, my Star Wars predictions stink like a dead Tauntaun on ice.

4. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    3.5-4 of 5. I'll probably end up rating it above AOTC and maybe TPM, but below the others, which I rank as ANH, ESB, ROTS, ROTJ.

5. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    4/5....maybe even a 5/5

Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk

6. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Seven out of seven!:cool:

Merric likes this.
  7. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    I'm very excited for TFA, so my heart says 5/5. Hard to say since I've only seen 7 minutes of TFA.
    I love all 6 SW films, TESB is my #1 and AOTC is #6.
    If TFA is as great as all of the footage I've seen, then 5/5 for sure and at least #5 on my overall list, probably higher...I'll know by 4 pm on the 18th!

8. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Obi-Wan's Apparition Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 10, 2000
    I voted three stars based solely on what I know now. But, you know, I haven't seen the movie so I really have no idea. It could be ok. It could be great. It could be my favorite movie of all time. It could make me want to rip my eyeballs out.

I'll know pretty soon (but I really hope my reaction isn't the last one I wrote).

Darkslayer likes this.
  9. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    I don't rate star wars, that's like rating my family

Of course there's going to be the drunk racist uncle but I still love him deep down

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Bowen, Darkslayer and Darth Nerdling like this.
  10. Kuestmaster

Kuestmaster Jedi Master star 2

Nov 17, 2012
  11. SgtTimBob

SgtTimBob Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 5, 2014
    Based on what I think I know, I'd say the film has the potential to be about 50% of Empire in it's overall greatness. Which is actually a huge compliment coming from me. 4/5.

With that said. I don't like to judge a film without actually watching it. So I'll have to wait another week to give it my actual verdict.

Artoo-Dion likes this.
  12. Trooper100471

Trooper100471 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2015
    Love this thread. Dishing out stars/ratings on film we haven't seen yet. Do you know the lottery numbers this weekend?

Obi-Wan's Apparition likes this.
  13. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012

Either that or Dexter Jettster getting drunk at the family BBQ.

14. Darth Nerdling

Darth Nerdling Force Ghost star 4

Mar 20, 2013
    I'm more interested in how much I'll like it a year from now, after multiple viewings.

There are a number of films I like watching 1 time through, but a Star Wars film will only work for me if I can enjoy it every time I watch it.

Darkslayer likes this.
  15. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    Definitely more than I'll give it in 6 months.

16. Justrec

Justrec Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 13, 2014
    Really man? I'm not a PT hater, I actually enjoy all of those movies, but all of them, including ROTS are still badly directed movies. (we can still like/love them though, because I do). I think this one by default, goes ahead of them.

17. L110

L110 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 26, 2014
    Weak four at best, two at worst. I don´t expect it tobe one or zero level of bad. But neither do I expect it to be five level of great like Episodes I-VI are for me.
    All six, or do you mean the PT? Not that I agree than any of I-VI is badly directed.

18. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    It will definitely not beat ROTS and TESB as my favorite. It might rank above TPM. I will probably like it better than ANH and it will most likely be better than AOTC and ROTJ. I like all the films though so I'm not going in with expectations. Hypothetical thinking is fun:p

19. Justrec

Justrec Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 13, 2014
    I meant the PT

20. JDN21

JDN21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    On a scale of 5 stars being awesome and 0 stars being really, really bad, I mean episodes 1 to 3 bad, I expect to rate this as a solid 4 stars.

21. KING_KENOBI

KING_KENOBI Jedi Master star 2

Oct 19, 2004
    Im a bit reluctant to prejudge a movie I have not seen,if it sucks it sucks..if its good its good...hopefully the latter.

22. Harbour

Harbour Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 15, 2015
    3.5 to 4 out of 5. Based on potential plot and what i have seen, id definitely wont like it that much to rate it 5/5, even if it will be well executed.

23. GFFAwakens

GFFAwakens Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 24, 2015
    I'd make a poor critic because I tend to 5/5 everything that I truly enjoy, which are most things. Of course I want to see Luke, but I think reading the old EU got me used to not really caring about his character, so I'm completely happy with the focus on the youngsters.

24. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Yes, do you want them!

Sent from my R8 unit

25. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    HA, yeah, they are "badly directed" by a guy who is an incredible visionary and was overseeing every element of the films creation. I don't think you actually know what us directors do, to be honest, so you don't seem qualified to judge that. And you judge someone else's opinion by saying a movie we haven't seen is "by default" better? That's absolutely asinine and not an intelligent comment by any means. We'll see when we see the movie just how well directed TFA is, but for my money, I love Lucas at the helm of his own creation! Nothing beats that. I think ROTS was absolutely masterfully directed and crafted all around, setup by the previous two films, and with one of the best payoffs in cinema history. You seem to know a lot more than the 80% of professional film critics who liked the movie, too, many of whom called it a great film or even "a masterpiece" and "better than Star Wars." If you can't find the quotes, happy to provide them for you, they're all in my book :p Can't erase the truth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.