main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL How Many Tickets Do You Need for the Chicago Force Midnight Show at AMC21?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Bosh_Talk, Apr 12, 2005.

?

How Many Tickets Do You Need for the Chicago Force Midnight Show at AMC21?

Poll closed Apr 19, 2005.
  1. I already signed up at the Line Meeting to get tickets

8 vote(s)
    25.8%
  2. Just one for me.

3 vote(s)
    9.7%
  3. 2-5

10 vote(s)
    32.3%
  4. 5-10

8 vote(s)
    25.8%
  5. No idea, but I definitely will need some.

2 vote(s)
    6.5%
  6. None, I'm gong to a different theater.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. I'm just going to try to get tickets on my own.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    OK, under the make-shift circumsntances of the past couple of days, I have to applaude Caroline for organizing this ticket distribution. Unbelievable, we finally got our own theater after all these years.

We had NO IDEA that the response for our screening would be so overwhelming. As a matter of fact we started an ebay auction (which was quickly yanked befor anyone bid) to try to get rid of extra tickets we thought we couldn't sell.

By late yesterday morning, the entire lot of tickets had not only been accounted for by initial requests (as a matter of fact the requests went well over the 240 seats it holds) but we had received confirmations on those requests (even went 5 over before we realized it). Luckily a few of the Jedi Council were able to give up a few tickets to cover the other 5 confirmations. Had LFL not went back on their word about when tickets were to go on sale, we could have had a much better plan for this. The theater manager who was supposed to call Caroline next weekend to sell us the theater (during CIII) is on vacation this week. I know yesterday was a serious kick in the head for her as she and I scrambled to get tickets to those who requested & confirmed.

I know Rex had reserved 35 tickets at the line meeting (the first time we asked for reservations). I called him yesterday to make sure that he actually needed those tickets and he assured me that he did. Last year Ray purchased over 40 tickets to RotK on behalf of Chicago Force members for the opening show at AMC 21. I have no doubt that the people he's getting Star Wars tickets for are relying on him any less than we were back then.

I am currently working on finding a solution to getting tix for everyone who's made requests. But until you hear any more news. Consider our screening closed for new acquisitions.

Sorry for any inconvenience,

Dave

2. RexGetz

RexGetz Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 13, 2003
    Thanx for job well done Caroline & Dave, you guys ROCK.

3. darthgoat

darthgoat Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    For the record, my post was not a shot at Rex at all. I was just surprised to see him get 35 tix on the list while other folks may not have gotten any. Sorry dude, I didn't mean it the way I think you guys thought I did.

4. Bosh_Talk

Nov 29, 2000
    I have to say it's been a little stressful...ok lots-o-stressful. First, I honestly thought that we'd have a tough time actually selling the tickets. Who knew that we'd get the overwhelming response that we have.

Thanks for everyone's patients!

Dave

5. Hazmatt

Hazmatt Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    And their doctors!

6. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    I think you guys have done a great job is such a short time especially with C3 in a few days and the Chicago Bulls mess.

Kudos!

~H~

7. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    I am starting to do a lot of breathing into a brown paper bag...

:D

8. RexGetz

RexGetz Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 13, 2003
    No offense taken Goat.

9. JediGeek

JediGeek Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 7, 2003
    Destiny has a ticket for me for the first theater so I'm all set. Thanks Gina!!!

10. DarthShauna

DarthShauna Jedi Youngling

Jun 4, 2001
    "I'm with you too!"

And, I'm hoping to get Devin down here on a shuttle from Hoth. He misses all the CF folks he met at Cap last year.

And, might I add, the new CF shirts are quite sithly, bravo. I like the addition of the babydoll option as well.

My time is pretty flexible right now; I might even be able to help out with a few line shifts, depending on the plan for that.

-Shauna (who can't believe the 3rd movie is finally here)
    "Only now, at the end, do you understand..."

11. Bosh_Talk

Nov 29, 2000
    Just to let everyone know, we finally figured out the exact cost for us to process tickets via PayPal. We'd originally thought $1.50 per ticket would cover (which it does), but found that the more tickets someone bought, the bigger the excess of unused funds accrued. So WE WILL BE REFUNDING the overages to everyone who has already paid.

Everyone else who has yet to pay, please use the chart below. If you still need to request tickets, please email Caroline at: carocali@att.net

Ticket purchases are limited to 8 tickets per Chicago Force member. This limit could (and probably will decrease) as we get closer to selling out the second theater.

We need this information from you to confirm your ticket reservation:

a) The Number of tickets you wish to purchase.
    b) Purchaser's Full Name
    c) Purchaser's Phone Number
    d) Purchaser's Email Address (must be registered with www.chicagoforce.org)
    e) The real, full name of each person that will be attending the midnight
    screening using these tickets
    f) Method of purchase: PayPal, Cash or Money Order (We do not accept any other
    form of payment except for those listed above...even Girly Giggles. NO
    EXCEPTIONS!)
    g) Do you wish to have these mailed to you (add $5.00)

++++ READ THE VERY IMPORTANT PAYMENT DETAILS BELOW ++++

PayPal
    All PayPal purchases must be sent to: paypal@chicagoforce.org no later than
    midnight of April 25th (the day after CIII). If we have not received your
    payment by the deadline you will lose your reservation and your tickets will go
    to the next request in queue.
    Use the chart below to determine how much to send. This price will cover the
    initial ticket value plus the PayPal fee Chicago Force is charged to process
    your transaction. (PayPal fee is Ticket Cost x .029 + 30 cents)
    1 Ticket = $10.08
    2 Tickets = $19.85
    3 Tickets = $29.63
    4 Tickets = $39.40
    5 Tickets = $49.18
    6 Tickets = $58.95
    7 Tickets = $68.73
    8 Tickets = $78.50

CASH
    Ticket cost is $9.50 per ticket when paying cash. Cash purchases will be
    accepted at CIII and at the Chicago Force BBQ. We cannot accept cash at our
    CIII Fan Table, but you may inquire at the fan-table as to when and where we
    will be taking payments. The Chicago Force BBQ will be held on May 7th. Check
    www.chicagoforce.org for details. If we have not recieved your cash payment on
    or before May 7th, you will lose your reservation and your tickets will go to
    the next person in queue.

Money Orders
    Ticket cost is $9.50 per ticket when paying by Money Order. Money Orders must
    be received (not post marked but RECEIVED) no later than May 7th. All Money
    Orders should be made out to Carrie Favela and should be mailed to: 2015 S.
    Finley Rd. #106 Lombard, IL 60148. You may also hand deliver money orders to us
    at CIII and the CF BBQ on May 7th. If we have not recieved your Money Order on
    or before May 7th, you will lose your reservation and your tickets will go to
    the next person in queue.

WHEN DO YOU GET YOUR TICKETS?
    We will begin distributing tickets to members who have FULLY PAID for them at
    the Chicago Force BBQ on May 7th. After that you will have to pick them up at
    "The Line" in front of AMC River East 21 between Saturday May 14th at 12:00noon
    and Tuesday May 17th at 8pm. AMC Management is going to try to let us into the
    theaters at 10:00pm before the movie, and guess what, I'm not going to stand
    outside and miss the movie waiting on people who can't get there in time. You
    show up late, you wont have a ticket, so please plan your travel and parking
    situation accordingly. I highly recommend coming down a day or two early to pick
    up your tickets (or get in line).

MAILING YOU YOUR TICKETS
    If you would like your tickets mailed to you, please add $5.00 to your ticket
    order along with your full mailing address. We will mailing tickets Monday May
    9th via USPS Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation. We realize we could mail
    them to you with a .37 cent stamp, but then we wouldn't be able to

12. nalan1138

nalan1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 2, 2002
    Hey no need to refund me, more of a hassle than anything, keep my leftover money and give it to the charity

13. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    As we roar into Celebration III, we want to thank everyone for the overwhelming response so far.

As most of Chicago Force will be at CIII, please be aware that email correspondense in regards to tickets will be at a low ebb. Please still send in your requests and payments, but the response time is going to be a bit longer because we are taking the time to enjoy being with all our fellow fans in Indianapolis.

Thanks for being understanding!

14. Watto_

Watto_ Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2005
    Hey all. I'm new to posting here, but do not take that as a measure of my Star Wars Fan intensity.

I would like to know where i can get some Tickets for the EPIII premier in Chicago>? Me and my friends definatly plan on dressing up 8)
    Any help at all will be much appreciated.

May the Force be with you.

15. Watto_

Watto_ Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2005
    Hmm, maybe i should read the post above me 8(

16. Bosh_Talk

Nov 29, 2000
    I think everyone who's emailed Caroline should probably expect a response by tomorrow night. I know there were a several dozen tickets left when we departed for Indy last week, Caroline undoubtedly has received more requests in the past 4 days and they'll be answered ASAP.

Bosh

17. Hawk-Bat

Hawk-Bat Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 4, 2003
    I'm so confused.

18. carocali

carocali Jedi Youngling

Sep 17, 2004
    Hello everyone~

I hope that those went to Celebration 3 had a smashing time! Those that didn't, you have a cool movie to look forward to, from the clips that I have seen.

Ok - TICKETS.

As of this moment I have about 2 dozen tickets left. This includes all requests that I have from my email as of this moment. I have several people on hold until I know they are part of our cult, um, I mean, part of Chicago Force. These people ARE included in my final count. WHAT THIS MEANS IS, if you have not contacted me for tickets, if you have not paid me for tickets, you need to do so ASAP!! You have until the barbeque (May 7th, plug, plug) to pay cash, but if you do not pay, you do not get tickets after that time. I will release the tickets to the general public again for the taking, and I have had requests for more tickets.

There are several ways to pay and I would really appreciate if you could pay BEFORE the barbeque, if possible, just to make my life simpler.

We will be needing names of the people you are bringing as well. If you have already sent me your list, please DO NOT send it to me again. I have about 500 emails to dig through, so I don't need to get the same information twice. If we do not hear from you, eventually you will get an email requesting this information.

Sorry for the rambling. I'm tired and need some more sleep. Thank you all for your patience!

Caroline

19. labyrinth

labyrinth Jedi Youngling

Apr 3, 2005
    Of course. But I need a ride to the BBQ so I can pay for the ticket. If anyone is coming from Chicago, and can swing over to Lombard and pick me up, please let me know. E-mail is.....

MKEDL2001@yahoo.com

CmptrC@aol.com

Thanks. David (Labyrinth)

20. carocali

carocali Jedi Youngling

Sep 17, 2004
    ATTENTION!!!

I need to know who "Shawn Smith" and "The Sleepless Knight" are. I have requests for tickets and not any information (to my knowledge). Please remember, I do not know your board names, so if you email me, I am unsure who you are. If I do not hear from you, you will lose your tickets. Please contact me right away!

Thanks to all of you who confirmed and paid for your tickets. We are reorganizing the spreadsheet so we know who is picking up tickets and who is mailing. Please do not send me that info yet. Let me get through this last bit and then we will call for additional information. Again, thank you for your patience!!

Caroline
    carocali@att.net

21. calvink69

calvink69 Jedi Youngling

Dec 13, 2004
    Caroline,

I sent a few e-mails to you, but a couple got bounced back. I did resend them this morning. (This included the required information that you needed.) If you didn't get this information let me know.

My e-mail is calvink@thirstdayh3.com

Thanks

Calvink69

22. Hazmatt

Aug 16, 2002
    Make sure you are sending to carocali@att.net. We did have a CF announcement go out with the wrong address and we sent out a correction quickly, and we just want to make sure everyone has the correct address to send to.

23. calvink69

calvink69 Jedi Youngling

Dec 13, 2004
    Yeah, I used that adress. this is the error it gave me.

Recipients: <carocali@att.net>
    Subject: Re: Chicago force Midnight screening tickets.
    Date: 11:28:38 AM Today

Failure Report
    Failure Reason: Error transferring to gateway2.ATT.NET; SMTP Protocol Returned a Permanent Error 550 Blocked for abuse. Please contact the administrator of your ISP or sending mail service.

I just assumed she is getting so many responses that her server was just overwhelmed.

Calvink69

24. Hazmatt

Aug 16, 2002
    Just a thought: do you use AOL? I imagine many of their customers are getting bounced e-mail today.

25. carocali

carocali Jedi Youngling

Sep 17, 2004
    TICKETS ARE OFFICIALLY SOLD OUT!!!

If you have promised to make payment by paypal, you need to get on that right away. We will be releasing tickets that are not confirmed. We know that a bunch of you will be paying cash at the BBQ, but you will probably get an email from Dave or me in the next few days to confirm that with you. Basically, if you want to guarantee that you are getting your tickets, the best bet is paypal.

I am taking names for the waiting list if you are still trying to get tickets. They are in first come first serve order. As soon as we have any tickets to release, I will go down the line and contact you.

Thanks for your assistance and patience in this matter!

Caroline
    carocali@att.net

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.