main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST How many times are you planning on seeing Episode VII??

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by hachijedi, May 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hachijedi

hachijedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 22, 2012
    It's a known fact that the Star Wars Saga has some of the most loyal fans in Box Office History. Fans waiting for Tickets and camped out in costumes. Seeing the Prequels for the Midnight Showing was a must for every diehard Star Wars Fan. Watching The Special Editions in 97 gave a whole new generation a chance to see the Saga on the Big Screen. So how many times do you seriously think you will watch Episode VII? For Me here's my Star Wars Viewing History:

Episode IV: A New Hope (97') - 2 Viewings
    Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back - 0 Viewings (Never seen it on the Big Screen but hopefully I get to finally see with a re-release before Episode VII)
    Episode VI: Return of the Jedi (83' and 97) - 2 Viewings
    Episode I: The Phantom Menance (99' and 12') - 4 Viewings
    Episode II: The Attack of the Clones (02') - 3 Viewings
    Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (05') - 4 Viewings

Honestly The bare mininum views for Episode VII will probably be 3.

[​IMG]

haleyorgana and El_Machete12 like this.
  2. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    At least three. A midnight screening with some friends, another screening later opening weekend with my wife (whom I will unlikely be able to drag to a midnight screening), and then at least once more within a couple weeks of it opening.

haleyorgana likes this.
  3. dyous87

dyous87 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 5, 2006
    I will be seeing Episode VII no less then 3 times at the minimum once it is releases in theaters.

4. hachijedi

Feb 22, 2012
    Remember after "The Dark Knight Rises" shootings, many theaters changed their policy on midnight shows. They now call them "Previews". "The Matrix Reloaded" was actually the 1st blockbuster that did this by opening before midnight at 9 PM. So I expect "Episode VII" to actually start possbily at 9PM or even 10PM before the Midnight viewing. I'm also wondering will there be a 6 Film Marathon before the Episode VII show.

I will watch the original Trilogy again on the Big Screen before Episode VII. How great would that be to watch 4, 5, 6 and then 7 back to back to back to back. WOW. Lucas did say they stopped production on the 3D converisons for Episode II and III which was suppose to come out last year so I'm wondering with production now in gear for Episode VII will they finish the converisons in time for a 6 film marathon.

5. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    At least two. More if I really like it.

6. Death_Jar_Jar

Death_Jar_Jar Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 30, 2014
    Will prob see it in a theater just one time. Whenever I see films more than once while they're in theaters, the repeat viewings are boring.

IIRC, I saw Episode III about 3 times. It was fun but I was also 12 and didn't have the whole movie memorized after 1 viewing.

7. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Good question. I don't see movies in theaters very often (the only two in recent memory–ergo the last nine years) being Frozen and Desolation of Smaug. And I saw each only once. But...I don't know if I can watch VII once and then wait the whole 4-or-5 months for it to be released on DVD/Bluray. I may have to go at least twice. I guess it will all depend on how much I like it.

8. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    You do realize that when the VCR first became commercial, it used to take up to a year or more for a movie to come out on cassette. I remember going into a store and being gobsmacked that Jedi was finally out on video.

I'll probably go see Episode VII at least once in the theater, but unless it blows me away I may wait for it to come out on disc.

9. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Once.

If it's good, THEN I'll plan additional viewings.

(Probably four to five times)

10. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Once, at least, maybe twice. Depending on how much I like it.

11. vinsanity

vinsanity Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2013
    If the movie is good at least 4, 5 times
    If the movie sucks 2 times.

It sucks that in my country they don't do midnight screenings, or very very rarely they do, but I definitely will be on opening day seeing in 2D first (so I don't get distracted by the 3D) and then on IMAX (which is much likely be in 3D).

12. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    At least once. I rarely watch movies more than once in the theatres but if its good I can see myself seeing it multiple times with different people each time.

13. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Probably a lot. I just hope it feels like a Star Wars movie and not a too fast paced, lens glare filled, Star Trek film.

Not that I don't like the new Trekkie movies, that is. But still...

Avnar likes this.
  14. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    ANH-don't know how many times I saw it in the theater in its first run (then 2 more times in the SE)
    ESB-same thing-I think I kept seeing it over and over when I was 10
    ROTJ-the only one I saw only once in its first run
    TPM-5 times
    AOTC-3 times
    ROTS-5 times

9 years later I have a little one and SW is happening over Xmas break. I doubt I'll get to see it more than once in the theater.

But on video-let's see if I can surpass the 50 X I've seen Frozen![face_worried]

Primetime_Jedi and plaidphoenix like this.
  15. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I'll definitely see it once (on opening night), beyond that depends on how much I enjoy it.

16. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    If I don't like it or am ambivalent, probably two to three times. Just to make sure I'm not missing something. If I love it, maybe 5 to 7 times.

17. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    EP4 : Twice & Once SE
    EP5 : Once & Once SE
    EP6 : Twice & Once SE
    EP1 : 3 Times & Once 3D
    EP2 : Twice
    EP3 : 3 Times
    Clone Wars Animated : Once

So based on that I expect to see EP7 2 / 3 times in theatres & definitely start with a midnight session..........

haleyorgana and hachijedi like this.
  18. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    Since my wife and I now have a little one, who will still be too young to see the movie when it comes out as she will only be 2 and a half, I likely wont have the freedom to go see it between 7 and 10 times like I did for the prequels. More realistically I will get to see it 2-3 times. Likely once opening night or at the midnight screening, another time with my dad as we traditionally go together later in its run so he can see it, and I might be able to see it once myself when I am on the road traveling for my job as I often have a lot of down time in the evenings when I am at my hotel by myself.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

hachijedi likes this.
  19. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Once. But it will take them 3 months to realize I haven't left the theater.

TKT, jaqen, Dranem and 7 others like this.
  20. hachijedi

Feb 22, 2012
    It's going to be so weird watching Star Wars in the winter and it's not on spike tv lol.

Robert Merrill, B99 and Ridley Solo like this.
  21. Mr. K

Mr. K Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 1999
    I run a movie theatre- I'M GOING TO WATCH IT UNTIL MY EYES BLEED!!!

22. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    ^:)^^:)^^:)^^:)^

23. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Once at least, probably twice.

24. jedinightwing

jedinightwing Jedi Master star 3

Aug 4, 2009
    as many times as I can afford

25. JediMasterJessica

JediMasterJessica Jedi Master star 3

Jul 26, 2005
    I saw Revenge of the Sith 6 times in the theaters, The Clone Wars twice and The Phantom Menace (3D) once. Got into Star Wars right before RotS came out so I have never seen 1-2,4-6 on the big screen. really hoping for that opportunity soon!

I expect Episode 7 to be on my RotS level or beyond. I will probably saturate myself with it in the beginning and then catch it 1 or 2 times towards the end of its run.

haleyorgana, Han Yolo and T-R- like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.