main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST How many times are you planning on seeing Episode VII??

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by hachijedi, May 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Once cause I'll feel like I have to *fangirl obligation*. Twice if it's really good. I rarely see movies more than once. In fact the only film that surpassed my normal limit of 2 was Frozen (4 and I dont regret it. LET IT GO! LET IT GOOOOO!)

Seagoat, Dak Oolron and Blazer-Smith like this.
  2. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    It'll probably be twice, once during opening night and another showing two weeks later. That's how I saw AOTC and ROTS.

3. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    Probably 3 or 4 times at the theater. When it comes out on DVD I'll probably watch it at least once a month, depending on my mood, to look for any unknown easter eggs and to keep it fresh in my mind as we speculate/anticipate Episodes VIII, IX and the spin-offs.

4. The Revanchist

The Revanchist Jedi Padawan star 1

May 27, 2013
    I'll try to get a job in a cinema as ticket seller or something, and then:

[​IMG]

TKT and Blazer-Smith like this.
  5. hachijedi

hachijedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 22, 2012
    I agree with people that say watching it to many times might take some joy out of it. But there's something about this franchise that I have to see it a lot on the Big Screen. Since I've been waiting to see Luke, Han and Leia again for so long I'm scared I might end up watching it a lot opening week cause it will be during Christmas time so I'm sure I will have a lot of friends and family wanting to see it at different times that aren't Star Wars fanatics like myself.

My 1st experience was in Summer of 83'. My father took me and my two older brothers to a Drive In Theater to watch "Jedi". So growing up I felt like I watched that film the most cause it obviously appealed to Kids with the Ewoks. Also Luke was the strongest as a character in Jedi so he really appealed to me during that time growing up. But the experience is one I'll never forget. George made these films to be seen on the Big Screen.

6. hachijedi

hachijedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 22, 2012
    Lupita just added another view for me:

[​IMG]

jaqen likes this.
  7. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    EP4 : none (wasn't born yet) didn't get to watch until SE came out.
    EP5 : none (wasn't born yet) didn't get to watch until SE came out.
    EP6 : none (wasn't born yet) didn't get to watch until SE came out.
    EP1 : Twice
    EP2 : Twice
    EP3 : Twice
    Clone Wars Animated : 0

Since i have a habit of seeing movies i really like more than once i think i might see this one at least 3 to 4 times.

8. mratm23

mratm23 Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2014
    Probably twice. Once at midnight, another 1-2 weeks later. Then I'll keep it of till the DVD comes out and I'll watch it a trillion times.

9. Han Yolo

Han Yolo Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 7, 2013

Youre going to invite us all for a huge viewing party right??

Mr. K likes this.
  10. Dranem

Dranem JCF Banner Contest Winner star 1 VIP - Game Winner

Oct 31, 2012
    Midnight showing, an IMAX showing if possible, then at least once by myself which is a ritual so at least 3 times. Actually... 4 times because I will see it at the Alamo Drafthouse. But not until its been out for a bit, I don't want the theater attendants getting in my way of anything in my first viewing. Considering I don't see many other films in the winter I might go see it a lot more.

11. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    I would like to see it at least twice, but I have to see what's going on then. I don't see movies in theaters more than once that often. ROTJ, TPM and ROTS were exceptions. Same with "Batman Forever".

12. DarthBane93

DarthBane93 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 11, 1999
    Once. If its good, then maybe more.

13. WannaBuySomeDeathSticks

WannaBuySomeDeathSticks Jedi Knight star 1

May 21, 2014
    I'll probably buy two tickets on opening day, if possible. Watch it back to back.

14. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    I'd have to really hate it to see it less than twice, and even then I might give it a second viewing just to be sure. I generally use the first viewing as a chance to take in the spectacle of it, and the second to really get a firm grasp on what the movie is.

15. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    Depends. If it sucks, I'll probably see it two or three times, just to make *sure* it sucks. If it's really good? Damn, I'll probably keep going back until my bank account is bled dry.

I'm really only partly kidding. I'm not healthy.

TKT likes this.
  16. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    Yeah, it depends, but I'll go see it at least twice even if it's horrible. I mean, it's Star Wars after all. If it's not horrible, I'll probably go and see it more than twice.

I saw them all in theaters at least twice when they came out (except TCW which I somehow missed - but, hey, I have it on DVD, so there), special and 3D edition(s) included. It was especially great to see the TPM 3D version together with my son who was, what, 6, at the time it came out, and he was totally thrilled ... just like I was back then when my dad accompanied me to the local ANH premiere.

17. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    Same here. Once to view, once to digest and then more if I still like it.

Dra--- likes this.
  18. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    Me too. Probably 3 times, unless it's really poor.

Dra--- likes this.
  19. Victorian Time Traveler

Victorian Time Traveler Jedi Master star 3

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm probably gonna see it twice...opening night and then once more the next weekend.

20. klooney

klooney Jedi Master star 1

Jul 2, 2009
    Too early to tell. It depends on how I feel after the first viewing. I've not yet felt compelled to watch any JJ Abrams film a second time, they have been technically well directed but haven't been on the level of story telling that drags me back to the theater. I'm cautiously optimistic due to the unique circumstances surrounding VII, the amazing team behind it and the superb casting. And the OT cast back in action after all this time is pretty special, so there's that.

21. Julian Skywalker-Solo

Julian Skywalker-Solo Jedi Padawan star 1

May 21, 2014
    Once at the theaters unless it's really good.

22. Primetime_Jedi

Primetime_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 21, 2000
    If the movie is bad: 15 times
    If it's just okay: 20 times
    If it's really good: 35 times
    If it's the most awesome frickin' thing ever: 100 times.

Just kidding, but those numbers are accurate with regard to DVD viewings.

23. Blazer-Smith

Blazer-Smith Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 28, 2004
    TPM was so bad I went back to make sure I really hated it. I'll see Ep. 7 twice no matter what. I have never went to see a movie 3X at a theater.

vinsanity and Grand_Moff_Jawa like this.
  24. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    I'll see it at least once, for sure. The only movies I've seen multiple times in theaters are the OT movies. I saw TPM in the theater, skipped AOTC and ROTS entirely and just waited for the DVD's. If the ST is as good as I'm hoping, I might see them multiple times.

25. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    I've only ever seen any of them once in the cinema but if this somehow turns out to be the best one yet I may make an exception this time.;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.