main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST How many times are you planning on seeing Episode VII??

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by hachijedi, May 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004

You don't watch a lot of film?

2. Ben R

Ben R Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 26, 2000
    Claire, I'm responding to you as an example of a larger thing I'm seeing. I am surprised to see people (like yourself) wjo post multiple times daily on a message board about a movie - well over a year before it even comes out - saying that they will only see it once in the theaters once it gets here. I find that to be quite odd and interesting at the same time. Can you explain why that is?

TKT, my kind of scum and Dak Oolron like this.
  3. KitsterAKABobaFett

KitsterAKABobaFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 31, 2007
    With the PT, I happened to see each film one time more than the episode number, so if I keep tradition I'll see The Force Awakens eight times... [face_plain]

4. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    I'll see it as many times as it takes.

5. Dak Oolron

Dak Oolron Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 24, 2014
    "Too late!" -Commander Gherant :p

6. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Nope. Not interested in any cinema outside of SW anymore. I haven't gone to the movies in 4 years

7. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    If it's a good as I'm hoping then I'll see it twice. Thrice if it's exceptional

8. D.A. McCoy

D.A. McCoy Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    I can't speak for Darth Claire, but I know for me personally it's a financial thing. As a college student, I don't have a lot of extra cash lying around, and these days you can buy the deluxe Blu-Ray for what it would cost to see the movie two times, so that's it for me. Keep in mind too that these days movies usually come out on Blu-Ray like 3 months after the movie comes out, vs back during the Episode I-II days when it could sometimes take up to a year. If cinemas were somehow free I'd probably see it 10 times, but right now I'll probably see it once or twice and the watch it many many times on home video.

TX-20 and Darth Claire like this.
  9. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    As many times as my Blu-ray player allows.

10. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004

I guess I'm part of the "larger thing you're seeing".

It doesn't matter how much I love a film, or a franchise, I rarely see movies in the theater more than once. And I'm an overall lover of Film and love, love the movie going experience.

I have yet to understand why people think being a diehard fan of a film equals nearly obscene views in the theater (or at home for that matter). I've never paid to see a film more than twice in a theater, and even that's rare, no matter how anticipated, how much I enjoyed it. Once is usually more than enough for the vast majority of films. Repeat viewings don't typically make most films any better. If I had a really amazing initial viewing experience I tend to leave it there.

I can probably count on two hands how many films I've watched twice in a movie theater.

11. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I plan on seeing it many times in the movie theater if it is a proper continuation of ROTJ, and the Saga as a whole. If any of these crap rumors are true, then I will only see it once, and be tempted to walk out of the theater.

However; I am hoping to see all the rumors get smashed to smithereens when I see Episode VII.

12. hachijedi

hachijedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 22, 2012

Based on the 1st trailers I'll get a feeling if it's a true continuation of ROTJ but it will probably look more like the Prequels cause of the effects. I'm really hoping JJ uses more "OLD FUTURE" style in this film.

vinsanity likes this.
  13. Chewbaccon

Chewbaccon Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 9, 2014
    I cannot commit to an amount of times until I see it and who else wants to see it again with me. My wife and I will see it opening day of course but not sure how many times we'll be back or back with others. Unless it sucks, I will guess at least 3 times on the big screen.

The first time around is always hard to experience objectively. The second time is minus the nervous energy so it will be more of an analytic experience. Then there's the time or two with people who are not as hardcore and part of the fun is seeing them enjoy it.

The best part I think, other than personal enjoyment, will be seeing young people get into Star Wars for the first time. . .and with the multi-generation cast, I see this as being a strong crossover flick...

14. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    Probably once, I'm not the type to go to theaters multiple times.

15. hachijedi

hachijedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 22, 2012
    This is going to be the "1st" Star Wars film experience for a lot of young kids. "Episode VII" will attract 4 Different Generations of Star Wars Fans.

16. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    3-4 times on the big screen like all the others. And then when I own it 3-4 times a year until I die like all the others.

17. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    In theaters? At least six times.

TPM - 8x
    TFA - 6x
    AOTC - 6x
    ROTS - 6x
    Batman Begins - 5x
    Dark Knight - 4x (I think)

Jedi Knight Fett and Lando Swarm like this.
  18. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    1/4 then I walk out.:)

19. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
  20. HankSolo

HankSolo Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012
    Twice. Once for the experience, once for the easter eggs.

21. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Well... when the Special Editions came out in '97, I saw ANH in the theater 5 times, ESB 3 times and ROTJ twice.
    When TPM came out I saw that in theaters 7 times.
    When AOTC came out I saw that in theaters 4 times.
    When ROTS came out I saw that in theaters 7 times.

I have a feeling when TFA comes out it will be somewhere between 5 and 7 times in theaters.

TKT likes this.
  22. jedinightwing

jedinightwing Jedi Master star 3

Aug 4, 2009
    So just the trailers then? :p

23. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I would see it 20 + times if I could but sadly I will only be able to see it 1 or 2 times because I don't have a lot of money, but if I can I would love to see it in I-Max !!!!!!!!!

24. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Money is no object.

TKT likes this.
  25. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    I rather hate going to the cinema nowadays, people are so yuck! Back in a more civilised age I used to go a lot (my big screen viewings of the OT are well over a hundred). I will take my chances with TFA however and hope I get an appreciative audience with no annoying people to ruin it.

Ditolus likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.