main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST How many times are you planning on seeing Episode VII??

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by hachijedi, May 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    I watch movies over and over and over, but rarely in the theaters. TFA will most likely get two viewings out of me. Once on opening day with my wife, and a second with our daughter who will be 5, unless there are lots of people bursting into lava flames, then she will have to wait... but I'll still watch a second time.

2. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    The nice thing about my work schedule, when I go to the theater on a weekday matinee with my girl, it's usually pretty sparse people-wise.

3. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000

Yeah, I used to do a lot of work in strange (often boring) towns at strange times so had a lot of spare time. It's nice virtually having an entire cinema to yourself but still enjoy a movie most where the audience cheers and laughs along together (without talking, rustling food wrappers and slurping drinks).

4. KeithyT

KeithyT Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 17, 2014
    I've only ever seen two of the Star Wars movies more than once in a cinema/theatre.

Star Wars (ANH) on original release and then again with the 1997 special edition.
    The Phantom Menace twice in the first couple of weeks of release.

I have a feeling I might see this one a couple of times too...

5. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    As many times as possible or at least until my wallet runs out or my wife leaves me. :p

TKT likes this.
  6. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Until the world ends.

7. CountSolo

CountSolo Jedi Master

Aug 10, 2001
    I watched each of Episodes I - VI in theatres only once (SE for the OT, since I wasn't born until after ROTJ was released). Given the amount of time I spent speculating about future SW movies in the (now-defunct) SW.com forums during my youth, this was kind of anti-climactic. I wanted to watch them all multiple times, but I was too young back then. Now that I'm actually earning money, I'll watch TFA as many times as my budget reasonably permits (assuming, of course, that it ends up being good - but no Star Wars episode has ever let me down thus far). "Reasonably" is the key word in this case...

I've seen several movies in theatres twice since the release of ROTS, but I think the only movie I've seen three times in theatres is Richard Linklater's Boyhood, released this year.

8. acroyear7

acroyear7 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 11, 2006
    This is another one of those pointless threads that's a thread for the sake of being a thread. Sheesh. Is something like this really worth discussion?

Jcuk likes this.
  9. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    The problem with most audiences these days is, you always have that moron or two who think it's ok to check their cell phone every 20mins causing a very distracting light!

10. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
  11. DavBacca

DavBacca Jedi Master star 2

Jun 13, 2002
    Five times

12. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    I saw Guardians of the Galaxy twice, by myself and with my chick.

I like seeing movies by myself so I can focus on things and then with my loved ones, as they can be distracting and are annoying at times/needy/burdens/disappointments.

13. Darth Zannah

Darth Zannah Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 28, 2014
    The first time I see it I 'll be by myself...first early bird showing.. This way I have no distractions from the opinions of others or a midnight screening full house...then I'll see it with my brother and we can talk opinions and I can analyze how it was made...then I'll watch it with my homies...I think I saw ROTS 5 times

14. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Every time.

[​IMG]

TX-20 and Maharishineo like this.
  15. hachijedi

hachijedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 22, 2012
    OMG. 11/28 our 1st taste. Can't Wait. Here's a funny question. For those who are getting a chance to see the teaser. How many times will you go back to see it again lol. Star Wars is just made for the big screen.

16. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    I planned to watch it 7 times not because the episode number

17. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    I would go back on that @mr K somebody might sneak in to watch it while your sleep, beef up security incase.

Mr. K likes this.
  18. hachijedi

hachijedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 22, 2012
    IMAX tweets that their format will be the best for watching Episode VII on the Big Screen:

[​IMG]

Maharishineo likes this.
  19. LUH-3417

LUH-3417 Jedi Master star 4

May 11, 2001
    i plan on seeing it 3 times, i have seen all of them 3 times except for ROTS the most animated of all of them.

20. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I had no idea they allowed birds in movie theaters now.

21. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    I won't know until l see it. If it takes my breath away (a la Captain America The Winter Soldier 14 screenings), probably double digits in the theatre (a lot of mantinee showings and at least two freebies thanks to movie passes we get from work.)

I would say at least 2x.

I saw Star Wars 13x theatrically during it's original and subsequent runs (through 1981)
    Empire 2x theatrically
    RoTJ 1x
    The Phantom Menance 5x (I was excited for Star Wars again)
    AoTC 2x
    RoTS I think 3-4x (I forget)

DarthSyverus likes this.
  22. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Ditto to that. But what the hell. If it's fantastic I'll see it twice.

23. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I have yet to decide if I'll see it at all. If I do probably twice to see if anything changes from the first time perception-wise.

24. Obi-Wong

Obi-Wong Jedi Knight

Jan 30, 2012
    More than once.

25. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.