main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How many times has Han used a lightsaber?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by masterskywalker, Nov 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    Han Solo with a lightsaber may well be one of the most dangerous beings in the galaxy... Given his stupifying luck. :p

Seriously, Han with a lightsaber is cool, he's a real pirate then. :D

Okay, so he guts a poor Taun Taun in Empire Strikes Back. He defeats a giant lizard with frickin laser beams attached to its head ( [face_laugh] ). When else did he use one? I think there's a few more...

2. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    I can only think of two times. The ESB one you mentioned and the time in Heir to the Empire when he used Leia's lightsaber to disable the fake Falcon the Noghri were trying to use to capture Leia with.

3. masterskywalker

Nov 2, 2001
    Ah ha! Maybe that was the third scene I was thinking of! :)

Any others?

4. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    I remember another scene in a book (whose name I can't remember) when Leia was across a big balcony, and there was a riot going on below them and she threw Han her lightsaber from a big distance and used the Force so he could catch it. Then Han cut some stairs away so the rioters couldn't get up to them... anyone remember the book that was in?

He defeats a giant lizard with frickin laser beams attached to its head - what book did THAT happen in????? And here I thought I pretty much remembered all interesting things Han has done......

5. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    I believe that was The New Rebellion.

6. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    Thanks EV, I think that riot scene was in The New Rebellion... anyway, I am one of the few people who LIKE the older books much better than the NJO series. Although The Unifying Force was pretty darn good.

7. --Corran_Horn--

--Corran_Horn-- Jedi Youngling star 3

May 31, 2002
    I'm almost certain taht the riot scene was in the first book of the hand of thrawn Duology. IIRC, it was when they were on Bothawui, and somebody faked Han shooting a blaster shot into the crowd. Han used the lightsaber to cut down a stairway leading to the upper level, before the Rioters could break through the securtiy fields and storm them...

8. masterskywalker

Nov 2, 2001
    For a non Jedi, Han seems to be using a lightsaber more often than most. :p

9. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    He used a saber at the very end of The Unifying Force.

10. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    "He defeats a giant lizard with frickin laser beams attached to its head - what book did THAT happen in?????"

Marvel

11. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Dr. Evil would love to get his hands on those!

12. masterskywalker

Nov 2, 2001
    Refresh my memory Bib, I read TUF in an giddy frenzy and didn't notice that. What and when was it?

If you are able, check out the rerelease of Marvel #1 "Doomworld". It has that story and other classic tales. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.