main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NYC, NY How many times have you seen AOTC?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by bobajames, Jul 17, 2002.

?

how many times have u seen the movie....

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. 1-5

44.7%
  2. 6-10

19.1%
  3. 11-14

8.5%
  4. sicko--(15-35)

12.8%
  5. no life sicko--(36-49)

8.5%
  6. king sicko--(50+)

6.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    ah, right, MS. does that mean that i got my life back after being sicko royalty? (considering the timing of it all... yeah, probably so.

I am not the one that started this poll, so I cannot answer that.

I guess one having a life all depends on ones point of view.

I suppose of Star Wars is everything in ones life, then they would have a life. The life that they want.

What is a life anyway?

2. VLAmidala

VLAmidala Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2001
    and in that case, spending all your spare time in a theatre would be the absolute highest form of life.

i think i like this concept. ;)

3. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    life n. pl.

The property or quality that distinguishes living organisms from dead organisms and inanimate matter, manifested in functions such as metabolism, growth, reproduction, and response to stimuli or adaptation to the environment originating from within the organism.
    The characteristic state or condition of a living organism.
    Living organisms considered as a group: plant life; marine life.
    A living being, especially a person: an earthquake that claimed hundreds of lives.
    The physical, mental, and spiritual experiences that constitute existence: the artistic life of a writer.

The interval of time between birth and death: She led a good, long life.
    The interval of time between one's birth and the present: has had hay fever all his life.
    A particular segment of one's life: my adolescent life.
    The period from an occurrence until death: elected for life; paralyzed for life.
    Slang. A sentence of imprisonment lasting till death.
    The time for which something exists or functions: the useful life of a car.
    A spiritual state regarded as a transcending of corporeal death.
    An account of a person's life; a biography.
    Human existence, relationships, or activity in general: real life; everyday life.

A manner of living: led a hard life.
    A specific, characteristic manner of existence. Used of inanimate objects: ?Great institutions seem to have a life of their own, independent of those who run them? (New Republic).
    The activities and interests of a particular area or realm: musical life in New York.

A source of vitality; an animating force: She's the life of the show.
    Liveliness or vitality; animation: a face that is full of life.

Something that actually exists regarded as a subject for an artist: painted from life.
    Actual environment or reality; nature.

4. Moeskywalker64

Moeskywalker64 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2002
    Life:
    "Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
    That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
    And then is heard no more: it is a tale
    Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
    Signifying nothing."--Macbeth-Oldnbusted Shakes
    Ack Geek Alert....

"I suppose of Star Wars is everything in ones life, then they would have a life. The life that they want."
    MS this statement has made my day...

5. MysterySith

Nov 17, 2000
    I am glad I made someones day :D

Just remember the point of view of each person may vary.

We are all sickos in the mind of some. We spend our time watching, discussing SW for hours and hours into the wee hours on the morning. Spend time posting on numerous message boards and posting in jokes about the line that other will not have a clue about, etc.

Many of us use SW to hide from the harshness of reality. We just have to make sure we do not lose touch with reality. Once we do that, it becomes unhealthy. I know this quite well since I have done it. We can only hide for so long.

I had lived 3 years of my life waiting for the line and episode 2. Nothing else mattered but SW, I only wanted to hang out with people that liked SW. I annoyed my family, co-workers and who knows whoelse I might of pushed SW on without them caring.

Now that my need for SW has subsised I look back and think to myself that I was a sicko. I used SW to hide from all the realities that were hurting me. I am quite burnt out as far as AOTC goes and even SW as a whole.

I am very thankful for Star Wars and the joy is has brought me in my life and the friends I have made because of it.

All that said I will always love SW, my friends that I have made through SW, SWNYC and I cannot wait to experiece Episode 3 with everyone.

6. VLAmidala

Jun 7, 2001
    Many of us use SW to hide from the harshness of reality.

bam.

sigh.

7. Moeskywalker64

Feb 13, 2002
    I'm glad you say experience EPIII and not watch...

And believe me I never doubted for a second that I was not a sicko...as the immortal words of that Yippie kid said: All my life...

8. bobajames

bobajames Jedi Master star 3

May 6, 2002
    50+ = no life......row M = no life......

9. Moeskywalker64

Feb 13, 2002
    Yea but when you do some math you'll realize:
    RowM+50+=The good life :D
    It's all good...

10. Anaquinne

Anaquinne Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2002
    Sorry to quote from that "other" scifi property with "Star" in the title, but as the Holographic Doctor sez: "I don't have a life. I have a program." :D

11. Moeskywalker64

Feb 13, 2002
    Funny I don't remember a doctor in Star Ballz :p
    Ah...Life....or something like it...

12. VLAmidala

Jun 7, 2001
    50+ = no life......row M = no life......
    RowM+50+=The good life

boyos, i believe that is headed straight for my siggynature. ;) :D

13. DruKalita

DruKalita Jedi Youngling star 1

May 14, 2002
    I'll agree with Claire on this one... I have a program. And I am a geek, and proud of it. But even I can't sit through 50+ showing of AotC, no matter how much I liked it. Six was good enough (should have been seven, but the Neil Gaiman signing ran long).

14. LadySith

LadySith Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2000
    Sam..in all those definitions you forgot one

Life: A game

How true that is.

MS..I echo your sentiments.

SW helps those who truly love it make many journeys in life. It is a very private thing ..our love for this series is. Obsession on anything or anyone is unhealthy. Replacing one crutch with another is as well.

The reason I chose to go to the beach with my family instead of the last showing at the Zieg is simple. The time it took me to write this and you to read this will never be available to us again. Clones is a great movie..seeing my daughter play with my husband in the surf is far batter to watch. They gave up much of my time when I was building this club up, planning celebrity dinners etc, and they will give up more of my time in the future. They shared opening night at the Zieg with me because I wanted to be there more than anything and share it with my friends and family. My daughter really wanted to go to the beach Thurs. I really wanted to see Clones May 16th.

Life is a compromise.

If SW gives you joy then that's great. But if, on your way to the theater, someone you have not seen for years and have thought a lot about bumps into you and asks to go to dinner ...go. You have seen SW before and let's face it, unless you drop dead you will see it again.

I have seen AOTC 9 times..I saw TPM over 40. I will not get anywhere near that number of theater viewings. I simply have other things to attend to and enjoy. It does not mean I love SW any less than those who have seen it over 50 times. What is important is what you feel when you see the film at that moment. Regardless of it's once or one thousand, it's the experience that matters.

May The FOrce be With you.

15. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    Life: A game

Not according to the dictionary its not. Life is not a game. Life is real. Games are fake.

16. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Not according to the dictionary its not. Life is not a game. Life is real. Games are fake.

I feel sad for anyone who lives their life by textbook or dictionary defintions...

... I prefer to make my own way. :)

17. Moeskywalker64

Feb 13, 2002
    "Life is not a game. Life is real. Games are fake."

There is NO proof that life is not a game...according to my beliefs we are all just a bunch of characters in a game played by the big dude upstairs...but well you know that is my belief...

And as long as we are on definitions:
    fake: Having a false or misleading appearance; fraudulent.

I really don't see how that fits the definition of games...

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time, nothing else matters, for those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    That is how I feel about games, Star Wars and whatever else...when you get mesmerized by something it becomes all too real...does not matter if it is seems useless or does not exist(videogames) as long as it feels real...
    What exactly is reality? Is it not just our mind's perception? So I ask how can games be fake?

Ack...off topic...so do non-theater showings count...I want to say a bigger number :p

18. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    There is NO proof that life is not a game...according to my beliefs we are all just a bunch of characters in a game played by the big dude upstairs...but well you know that is my belief...

A giant game of The Sims?!? LOL!!! :D

19. Moeskywalker64

Feb 13, 2002
    "A giant game of The Sims?!?"

Exactly...The Ultimate Edition!!

20. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    I feel sad for anyone who lives their life by textbook or dictionary defintions...

I dont live my life by a dictionary. But life is not a game. Life is real.

Now if life was like the sims... Id do the money cheat, and live in a NICE BIG HUGE house, with a pool, and a nice game room, big screen tv...mmmmmmmm

21. Darth Venom

Darth Venom Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 1999
    I have a big screen tv, hehehehe, I didn't find the money cheat, but I found the "really cool toys" cheat :)

22. Moeskywalker64

Feb 13, 2002
    "Now if life was like the sims... Id do the money cheat, and live in a NICE BIG HUGE house, with a pool, and a nice game room, big screen tv...mmmmmmmm"

Nice BIG game room...big screen PLASMA tv...drool...

Yea but you see we are not the players...otherwise it would get pretty boring :D

23. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I've been looking to take my PayCheck(TM) and TaxRefund(TM) cheat codes out for a spin...

I was looking at the Samsung tabletop 32" widescreen HDTV-compatible monitor. Also checking with my friend at Verant (yes, he works for the EverCrack people) what the deals are on the new Wega widescreen tabletop LCD televisions... ;)

Wow... this got off-topic. I saw the movie only four times in the theater, and mostly because I have about 300 - 400 DVDs at home and still need to watch quite a few of them...

24. MysterySith

Nov 17, 2000
    Your telling me you have not seen a person play games with another persons life?

It happens every day on many different scales.

25. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    Your telling me you have not seen a person play games with another persons life?

Have heard about it, had it happen to me, watching it happen to people now

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.