main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NYC, NY How many times have you seen AOTC?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by bobajames, Jul 17, 2002.

?

how many times have u seen the movie....

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. 1-5

44.7%
  2. 6-10

19.1%
  3. 11-14

8.5%
  4. sicko--(15-35)

12.8%
  5. no life sicko--(36-49)

8.5%
  6. king sicko--(50+)

6.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadySith

LadySith Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2000
    Where is Dobby when you need him?

Let's face it we rule! :) People love us so much and feel such a need to post on our special forums no matter what we do they just have another sock knitted for them and they come back..reminds me of a song..

The cat came back the very next day..... ;)

2. LadySith

Dec 5, 2000
    Also Corn_Free_Taa, since you keep asking the 100 person plus dude is real. He was banned because he was posting and promoting legally questionable as well as other activities that we as a club would be assuming financial liabilty for. When we asked him nicely to stop, and gave suggestions as to where he could post and plan such things, he behaved childishly, violated the TOS and the SWNYC house rules and found himself banned. You can find him at a really cool place called The Emperors Board under the name hasbro1, I believe, where he seems to have made a nice home for himself. We wish him well.

3. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    Actually that person did not see it 100 times, that was someone else that has made a post here within the last few days. :p

4. Moeskywalker64

Moeskywalker64 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2002
  5. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    I want my number 10 to be at an IMAX theatre - depending if it comes out in England.

(crosses fingers)

Here's hoping!

6. LadySith

Dec 5, 2000
    oops my mistake! :)

7. IG_88a

IG_88a Jedi Padawan star 4

May 15, 2002
    i've watched it over 50 times does that make me weird? if not being an aussie makes me weird :D

8. MysterySith

Nov 17, 2000
    Nah IG, you are just a sicko ;)

9. IG_88a

IG_88a Jedi Padawan star 4

May 15, 2002
    wahooo its taken me years to reach the level of sicko. the advantages of owning AOTC on DVD already, is being able to watch it when ever i want.

10. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I dunno... after Rob popped in to the IRC the other night I'm seriously considering a Vegas IMAX trip... :D

11. BobaFettWBlasterRifle

BobaFettWBlasterRifle Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 23, 1999
    I hit viewing #18 on Friday night, after an 8-week drought. This should hold me over another 2 months until the DVD comes out.

This viewing afforded me the opportunity to finally see the top floor of AMC. The balcony is especially nice up there--better view than the other two. The auditorium AOTC is playing in is adequate as well. And the print is holding up pretty well--oddly enough, the only scratch in the film is at the end of the credits during the "If you have experienced any problems call 1-800-PHONE-THX" blurb, which was kind of funny.

12. Munyups_uncle

Munyups_uncle Jedi Youngling

Sep 16, 2002
    Only 3 times, which is strange considering I went to see TPM 15 times at the cinema. Don't hate me but I think I prefer TPM to AOTC. I'm not sure because I know TPM has lots of flaws and AOTCs only flaw to me was the reuse of TPM music - that so bugs me and distracts me from the action! But for some reason I prefer watching TPM, maybe that will change on November 12th!

13. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    only flaw to me was the reuse of TPM music

I didn't mind the music, so much as the reuse of digital sound effects that are CLEARLY other sounds. Such as blasters firing TIE Fighter cannons, etc...

Oh yeah... and the romance dialogue... ;)

14. Munyups_uncle

Munyups_uncle Jedi Youngling

Sep 16, 2002
    Anyone know if they've fixed the music for the DVD? I know it's doubtful but darn that bugs me!
    Yeah the reuse of sound effects is irritating too! (Munyup reminds himself it's just a movie!) Oh well!

Speaking of re-using sound effects, on a completely off topic note, did anyone ever notice that the sound of Teek from the Ewok movie growling was reused for the monkies in Jumangi? I think I've gone mad! Sorry!

15. MysterySith

Nov 17, 2000
    I am all excited that I will be seeing AOTC for 18th time this week. That will leave me tied with the same amount of viewing I had for TPM. It seems I will reach my original goal of 20 when IMAX comes out. Yippie.

16. BobaFettWBlasterRifle

Mar 23, 1999
    Most of the "reused" music heard during the Clone War battle was actually never used in TPM. Of course we heard it all on the complete soundtrack, over & over for the past 3 years. I don't think anyone expected GL & JW to actually recycle recordings in this way--there's lots of thematic borrowing here & there in the OT & the prequels, but in most cases the music was re-recorded in a slightly different timbre (case in point: all the music from the Battle of Yavin that resurfaced in the Battle of Endor). I guess in the filmmaker's (and composer's?) POV, this music was fair game to include in the score of AOTC, since technically it was never previously "used" in another film. Still, it is the only thing that really cheesed me off about this movie, since I am a HUGE JW fan.

17. BobaFettWBlasterRifle

Mar 23, 1999
    And now I'm left to wonder.....did JW compose new music for the end of the film and was overruled by GL, in which case we'd hear it on an "Ultimate Edition" AOTC soundtrack? And would that music in turn end up being used onscreen in Episode III? And would unused music from Episode III end up being used in the Episode VII we have dreamed of? Hey, if JW sticks to trend, we could have Star Wars movies FOREVER, and that is an encouraging thought.

Uhhhhhh, you'll have to excuse me. Ever since I rose to official Sicko status, my mind has begun to slide around in its casing. :*O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.