main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One How many times have you seen Rogue One?

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Vader0706, Jan 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Once. And I loved it. [face_plain]

2. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    twice I absolutely loved It! Ideally I would love to see It a third time In the theater but I really want this on Blu-Ray so I can see it whenever I want!

3. Rey_

Rey_ Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 30, 2015
    Once, not 3D. Will watch it again when released on home video. I saw TFA twice, I was curious to try it in 3D so went a second time. No thank you... it looked craptastic in 3D. Bleuch

4. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    IMAX 3D is amazing.

3D only sucks if you go to those crap RealD 3D theathers .....

5. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    I saw TFA in RealD3D on large screen! Is it usually bad on reg screens?

6. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Yeah if you're watching any movie in RealD you're doing it wrong. I refuse to watch movies like that because it's WAY too dark. It ruins the whole image. I would ask for a refund honestly. But IMAX 3D is the best way to see any Star Wars movie that's coming out. Trust me I see them a lot and in all formats :p There's no image darkening whatsoever in IMAX. Actually the darkest image I saw was in 2D on 70mm. The film image looked a bit darker and less saturated than the movie looks in digital which I didn't appreciate.

Going for #16 now!

PS: Home 3D is WAY better than movie theater 3D if you have active glasses. My home system looks incredible with a 75" 4K 3D TV.

MarcJordan and Ricardo Funes like this.
  7. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    Agreed. I have a TV with active glasses, there is no resolution loss, no darkening and no cross talk (at least in mine).

Problem is that TV manufacturers are killing off home 3D. It is almost impossible to buy a new set with 3D.

Avnar likes this.
  8. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    Twice, once 3D, once not. Will be buying the DVD the day it's released.

9. Organafan

Organafan Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 14, 2017
    Nothing wrong with that. I don't like watching movies with people because they like to talk during movies. I also like to sit where I want to sit. That way, you are also not one of those people you hear mumbling and whispering during a movie.

astinus4, Sarge and StartCenterEnd like this.
  10. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    I've seen it 4 times now. Twice on the weekend it was released. Twice more in the last week.

On my most recent viewings I saw it in 4DX which was actually an amazing experience. It's pretty much a less intense Star Tours that lasts through the whole movie. When the camera is following a ship travelling it feels like you are moving along with it. The last battle sequence is particularly enjoyable as you follow right along from the perspective of the X Wing and Y Wing pilots whenever those shots come. It rumbles with explosions and collisions, surprisingly there are actually a few moments where you are knocked around a bit while in your seat. It's really like an extended low to middle range intensity ride at some points. Air whisks by when shots are fired in a similar way that happens during Indiana Jones Ride at Disneyland. When there's wind in the movie there's wind in the theatre. Same with rain, it sprays out a bit of water whenever there's water in a scene (you can turn it off in your seat if you want). It particularly makes that first scene of Rogue One a lot more intense as you can feel the cold, wind, and rain while the harshness of Krennic and the Empire is revealed onto Galen.

It's the first time I've seen a movie in 4DX. I only found out recently this was even a thing after a random conversation with a coworker where it got brought up. At first I was skeptical and thought the idea was a bit much and probably one of those things that gets marketed a certain way but is then a complete letdown once you actually experience it. Anyways, I have the Ultimate Ticket for Rogue One which lets me see it once a day at any Regal in any format for its entire run. I found there's a Regal at LA Live that I don't live far from that has a 4DX theater. And with absolutely nothing to do the other day I said screw it and on a whim just went and saw it. And to my surprise I liked it so much I went again last night. And will probably go again Mon and Tues night after work since Rogue One in that format is going to end at the end of this week and be replaced with Triple X. I would totally say it's worth doing and paying for at least once if you have a theatre nearby that does 4DX. I'm not sure I would say that about every movie they show in 4DX. I think it works for SW in large part due to the vehicle aspect, I'm sure the same could be said for something like Fast and the Furious, anything where the camera travels with a vehicle for a good distance often throughout the movie. I think without that and with nothing but explosions and other kinds of action it might not be so great. So again, I wouldn't just unequivocally say go see any movie in 4DX, just long story short, if you have a chance, definitely go see Star Wars in 4DX.

11. DarthKreVass

DarthKreVass Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 27, 2008
    I saw it 4 times, and preordered it on iTunes.

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  12. JeeediMoriah

JeeediMoriah Jedi Master star 1

Apr 23, 2014
    3x :) Twice in SD, 3rd time in 3D XD.

Haha, we are the reason R1 is this year's Box Office topper.

Blue 5 likes this.
  13. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
  14. Larsonator

Larsonator Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 20, 2016
    1 IMAX, 5 regular. The hologram scene still gets me every time.

BenYodaDagobah, Ricardo Funes and B99 like this.
  15. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Dude I love that scene!!!

BenYodaDagobah likes this.
  16. PaulWrightyThen

PaulWrightyThen Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2016
    Thrice, and each time it seems more emotional. Maybe I'm just going soft in my old age.

BenYodaDagobah likes this.
  17. Blue 5

Blue 5 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2017
    #6 later on this evening.

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  18. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    I've seen it twice. I usually don't go beyond seeing a movie three times. I'll be first in line to get the Blu-Ray though

19. Vader0706

Vader0706 Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2017
    Added a 7th (and final) viewing 2 days ago. I am now ready for the Blu-Ray :)

Ricardo Funes and B99 like this.
  20. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Going for 17 tonight weather allowing. Nowhere near done or ready for the Blu-ray lol. Hopefully it'll still play around here another 6 weeks or so and I'll get my count well higher :)

21. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Thrice!!! [face_dancing]

22. SWRed7

SWRed7 Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 16, 2015
    Back at it. Got in #9. Going again on Saturday.

Bowen likes this.
  23. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Three times (a record for me), and that's it for me watching it in the cinema since it's crazy expensive, so now I'll have to wait for the Blu-ray to see it again.

The film has really gotten better each viewing. The characters continue to grow on me, I notice more details and artistry in the cinematography, the music affects me more and more; it's just a great movie! I feel this one will certainly become a classic!
    I really, really didn't expect to love this film as much as I do.

Darth Chiznuk and EHT like this.
  24. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    I'm really struggling with this! I want to see it a 4th time =D=

Bowen and SWRed7 like this.
  25. SWRed7

SWRed7 Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 16, 2015
    Do it! Honestly, it's fun. No harm by going again and you'll enjoy a great movie.

Bowen likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.