main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo How many times have you seen Solo? How many times do you plan to see Solo?

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Leoluca Randisi, Jun 4, 2018.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Saw it once on opening day. Going to try to see it again tomorrow morning. The earlyish showing I wanted was cancelled so I'll try for the 1045AM one.

Giovs likes this.
  2. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    How do you figure? How is it none of our concern in a thread asking how many times someone has seen a new STAR WARS MOVIE on a STAR WARS FORUM that someone would troll the thread by saying NONE? If you're going to defend the trolls, which is bad enough, that's fine, you do you, but don't tell me that I have to blindly accept that everyone is a Star Wars fan if they don't even watch the movies. I'm entitled to my opinion -- you don't like the movies, you don't watch the movies? You're not a fan of Star Wars. That's literally the dictionary definition of fan. I don't go into a sushi restaurant and tell them I hate sushi, I refuse to eat it, but I'm a huge sushi fan. Because that would be absolutely idiotic and total lunacy.

People trolling a forum for others to enjoy should be flat-out banned, they shouldn't be celebrated for derailing a thread. This isn't the thread for your opinion about the movie, the franchise, Disney, or anything else that literally NOBODY else cares about! This is a simple question and there's a simple answer: 7 times, because I'm an actual die-hard Star Wars fan. That's what someone loyal to their franchise looks like, who supports what they're a fan of, and who adds optimism and good will to the proceedings, doesn't rain all over everyone else's parade. It's a good look, some of our "fans" should try it sometime.

3. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    We’re not doing this. We’re not having the “true fan” debate, because such a definition doesn’t exist and shouldn’t be enforced on people who call themselves fans. We’re not gatekeeping the fanbase like that. You don’t have to see every movie to be a true fan. You don’t have to like every movie to be a true fan. Those aren’t the requisite qualifiers. He wasn’t trolling the thread, but you are, with your little tirade. So drop it.

Sith-I-5, J_Girl, TCF-1138 and 3 others like this.
  4. Dr_Cthulhu

Dr_Cthulhu Jedi Master star 2

Dec 29, 2015
    I've seen it twice, and enjoyed it even more the second time around. I hope to see it a third time before it leaves theaters. There was a time when I used to watch movies at least a dozen times, but alas those years are behind me. I only managed to watch Rogue One - my favorite of the Disney era films - five times.

My SW viewing record is:

Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi - a gazillion times, in theaters and on VHS and DVD. I wasn't keeping score then, but I do know that I watched the films more times than any other film except for Jaws.

The Phantom Menace - 3 times (including once in 3D)
    Attack of the Clones - 1
    Revenge of the Sith - 1
    The Clone Wars - 1

(But I have seen the films many more times on DVD and Blu-Ray.)

The Force Awakens - 4 times in theaters,
    Rogue One - 5 times in theaters
    The Last Jedi - 3 times in theaters

christophero30 likes this.
  5. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    my personal best with Star Wars or any movie for that matter is 7 For Revenge Of The Sith!

christophero30 likes this.
  6. rpeugh

rpeugh Force Ghost star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    Zero. And I plan on seeing it zero times.

fettmaster39 likes this.
  7. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    Have seen: Zero
    Plan to see: Zero in theaters. I'll probably catch it on DVD or Disney's streaming service eventually.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  8. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    I saw The Phantom Menace 10 times in the theater. The last few times it was a loooong wait until the Darth Maul duel. :p

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  9. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    So far I am up to 5 viewings for Solo with plans to go as long as it stays in theater.

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  10. xx_Anakin_xx

xx_Anakin_xx Jedi Master star 4

Jan 9, 2008
    1 time and going again this weekend! Not sure if I will see it thrice, but if someone I know asks to go, I will. :D Love the movie!

11. NoSuchThingAsLuck

NoSuchThingAsLuck Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 30, 2014
    4x now. Still fantastic.

I went with a friend who did not care for The Last Jedi. (I loved it). So his expectations were not very high. He really liked it.

chrcharcor2 likes this.
  12. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    Once, not watching it in a theater again. Which may have to do with having trouble normally with theater seats and this one seating tipping me over the ischiatic crisis edge :p

13. Merrick Simms

Merrick Simms Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 4, 2016
    3 times so far. A really good, solid enjoyable film without any plot holes or major issues. I plan to buy it on BluRay as well. I can understand those who are boycotting "Disney Star Wars" after TLJ, but this one is actually the bone they threw to the fanbase. Boycotting this and making it tank will only convince them to do less movies like this and more plotless unplanned rubbish like TLJ. I have just boycotted all ST merchandise instead. Not sure if I will go to see ep9 in the theatres though, it might be the first I skip.

Twain and chrcharcor2 like this.
  14. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Second time this morning at the local cinema. There were 10 of us in the audience. (1045 AM showing).

chrcharcor2 and TheYodaPagoda like this.
  15. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    I've seen it twice and will go for a third soon. In comparison, I saw TLJ just once and both TFA and Rogue one 3 times each.

chrcharcor2 likes this.
  16. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I've seen it twice. I hope to see it one more time before it leaves the cinema, but that's a question of time and money. I'm probably seeing Fallen Kingdom on Saturday, and that's about it for my cinema budget for the time being. If the movie is still in theaters in a month or so (doubtful), I'll try to see it again.

chrcharcor2 likes this.
  17. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I was twice on Rogue One and TFA. Just the once on TLJ. Not that I didn't like it - I just didn't have time for a second viewing.

18. Ginkasa

Ginkasa Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 13, 2002
    I've seen it three times. I think that'll about do me. TFA and TLJ I saw about five times each. I think I only hit RO twice.

chrcharcor2 likes this.
  19. fettmaster39

fettmaster39 Jedi Master star 3

Jun 9, 2005
    None. Maybe I'll buy the Blu-ray when it's in the discount bin.

20. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    Once will be enough for me.

3sm1r likes this.
  21. ByteSizeRick

ByteSizeRick Jedi Master star 2

Jan 8, 2018
    Once. Wouldn't mind seeing it again, but doesn't feel necessary to me. Will get on home video.

3sm1r and CT1138 like this.
  22. Hernalt

Hernalt Force Ghost star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    SOLO: 2+2+ hopefully one more.

chrcharcor2 likes this.
  23. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    I've seen it 4 times. 3 times in IMAX. It's amazing on that screen. That might be it for theatrical viewings. I'll let the anticipation build for the blu-ray in a few months.

chrcharcor2 likes this.
  24. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    Well I will be seeing Solo tomorrow at 12:40PM for my third Time and my Sister and her two kids are seeing it with me for the first time!

25. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    I don't think anyone Is questioning weather anyone Is a True fan were wondering if the post in question was Trolling just to fight with people who like the film. Its like a Red Sox Fan going into a Yankees forum and causing trouble why even do it. It seems like clear Trolling and Baiting.