main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo How many times have you seen Solo? How many times do you plan to see Solo?

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Leoluca Randisi, Jun 4, 2018.

1. miasma

miasma Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 29, 2013
    Well, looks like Solo will end up being the first SW movie I don't get to see in the theater. I thought I might go this weekend, but I just found out it's no longer playing in any of my local theaters. Guess I'll have to look forward to the DVD now.

2. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Same here. I didn't plan on avoiding it, just never found the motivation to go. And at the moment I'd much rather see Jurassic World if I make it to a theater anytime soon.

3. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    The box office failure for Solo seems primarily foreign.

It's a heist movie that domestically earned more than Mission Impossible Rogue Nation and will soon pass James Bond Scepter. It passed Star Trek Beyond long ago domestically as well as many of the Planet of the Apes remakes domestically.

Except all of these movies had more favorable ratios of international success.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
    Sudooku likes this.
  4. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Even if it would have made 200m more outside the US 550m WW would be still disappointing

5. zackm

zackm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 22, 2015
    Isn't the early word that JW2 is terrible?

RiddleMeThis likes this.
  6. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Couldn't say, I don't really follow reviews and haven't encountered the fan word of mouth. But at worst it's probably mindless monster movie fun, while Solo just looked so bland based on the previews.

7. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
    I haven't seen it yet. Just feels so soon after TLJ. I must have watched TPM and AOTC dozens and dozens of times before the following movie appeared and I haven't done that yet with TLJ or even R1.

I might cave in this week and go or I might wait until Christmas time and make a special day of it at home.

8. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom is a find dinosaur movie. It's fun. It's mindless. Probably better than the first Jurassic World. It's not Jurassic Park, but none of the sequels have been.

Solo is a better movie with better script and unique characters. My guess going forward is Solo is the better remembered movie. I really think Solo is going be very popular on Netflix. People just tune in and it will be a way better movie than they expect and very rewatchable. We'll see.

Before then I really want to see Solo again in the theater. iTunes or Apple Trailers has entire scenes from the movie you can watch. They're doing whatever they can to get people into see Solo. To little too late. But home video and streaming, well who knows.

Sudooku, Bowen and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  9. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    Saw it for the fourth time tonight. Definitely my favorite of the Disney entries.

Sudooku, Bowen, ArtemusGordon and 2 others like this.
  10. Hernalt

Hernalt Force Ghost star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    I've seen it N times. I'll attempt another Friday matinee or two. It's closing up shop where there's bright enough projection and loud/crisp enough sound.

11. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    JW2 was pretty fun. I'd recommend it.

12. Hernalt

Hernalt Force Ghost star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    Oceans 8 was worth seeing in theatre.

christophero30 likes this.
  13. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    definitely going to try to get in my 3rd (probably final theatrical viewing) viewing before Ant-Man and the Wasp comes out which will probably run Solo out of more screens. Aiming for Canada Day, so that is how I will celebrate the birth of my nation by watching Han and Chewie doing stuff. I will say, 3 times is the least amount I've seen a Star Wars movie in theatres in quite a long while, probably since Phantom Menace.

Well, okay I only saw the Clone Wars movie in theatres once so that's it.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
  14. deathfromabove

deathfromabove Jedi Master star 2

Feb 18, 2007
    I saw the movie once on its opening weekend.I liked it but i dont think i will be seeing it again.Its just really disposable and forgettable in my opinion.I might watch it again on blu ray once it becomes cheap.

15. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Saw it for 4th time today.

Sudooku and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  16. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I am going to celebrate the birth of my nation on Canada Day July 1st by going to see Solo: A Star Wars Story for a 3rd time (and sadly probably final theatrical viewing, getting bounced Thurs for Ant Man and the Wasp and I get the feeling mine isn't the only one) So if anyone needs to see it, wants to see it again, this week is probably your best, final bet.

Sudooku and ThisIsMe1138 like this.
  17. ArtemusGordon

ArtemusGordon Jedi Master star 1

May 30, 2015
    Once in theaters so far. I'll definitely buy it when it comes out on DVD/BR, I can see it being very rewatchable.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
    Bowen likes this.
  18. lovethedarkside

lovethedarkside Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 10, 2017
    Saw it for 5th time today. The theatre was smaller, and no longer IMAX, but it was packed. Not a seat was empty, including the front row.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Sudooku and RiddleMeThis like this.
  19. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    I saw it for the third time yesterday. Very few showtimes available, and only in the mini-theater way down at the end of the hall. I took my mom this time, and for a little while it looked like we were going to be the only people there, but ultimately about 30 people showed up. My mom really liked it, probably more than any other recent SW entry. She loved L3, and was genuinely moved that she had become part of the Falcon.
    I had explained how poorly Solo was doing in theaters, and as we were leaving she said "That was a good show! What do people want!?" I think she was surprised at just how good a movie it was. I know I've enjoyed it more each time I've seen it.

20. ThisIsMe1138

ThisIsMe1138 Chosen One star 6

Jun 26, 2018
    Wait, is this a Jurassic World thread or a Solo thread? :p Anyways, only saw it once because I left for France almost right after that, and although seeing it in French would be interesting... Walked out of the theater thinking it was so-so, but liked it more and more each time I thought about it afterwards :):han::chewie:

21. Master of None

Master of None Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2016
    Once was enough for me....I will add it to collection just because.....I owe it to my collection

22. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    I only saw it twice.
    I have a bit of an urge to see it again now. A bit of nostalgia for it today.

Hmmmm... Is it still on anywhere?

23. JFettG

JFettG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    Seen it twice so far. Probably going to see it one last time before it's gone for good from theaters. Really fun film, not the best SW film, but I'm a sucker for fun.

24. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Only once, must admit I'm curious to see whether it's worth picking up on blu ray or dvd?

25. teamhansolo

teamhansolo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    I've only seen it once so far, but I really, really want to go again.