main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST How many times have you seen TLJ?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Vader0706, Dec 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I am hoping to see it two more times for 7 in total

MarcJordan and Ricardo Funes like this.
  2. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    Once, no desire to see it again.

CrackedKyberCrystal and T-R- like this.
  3. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Whoo hoo! Congratulations :D I think given all factors, I have to be resigned to never breaking my own record, sadly. I am not getting younger, I try to spend my time well and while Star Wars is a big hobby and thus seeing these movies occupies a large portion of my free time that isn't spent working, working out, or hanging out with the GF, it's harder and harder to fit everything in. I mean, for now, I shall remain Bowen, viewer of records :p But there may come a time where 15-20 will be a push for me, who knows, not the foreseeable future but the movies don't play as long in theaters before home video anymore. I may just realistically have no chance to beat my 54 AOTC viewings on any Star Wars movie. That's a TON of times to see a movie inside of 12-14 weeks, basically. An average of 3 per week is already almost every other day, which is as much as I can take and still have a life to do other things for that period of time, and that doesn't get you to 50.

I think basically I just use my ROTS viewing count as a low that I don't want to go below, which was 24 first release (25 with the Marathon). Solo may come down near that number depending on how it does, because who knows how long it'll stay in theaters given that crazy summer schedule? It may be hard to see it past week 8-10, so a viewing count more like 25-30 seems likely.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
    Ricardo Funes and Jordan1Kenobi like this.
  4. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Well at least you saw it.

5. lovethedarkside

lovethedarkside Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 10, 2017
    @IlhamKamaruddin, I just have to give kudo's for Jumanji. I saw it in a packed theater and the crowd rocked it. It was the most fun I've had in a movie house in a long, long time. The crowd was just so energized and having fun with the movie. I was basically dragged to the movie and I came out loving it. But, of course, TLJ wins hands down, IMHO. Hence why I've seen TLJ 7 times and Jumanji once. :) Sorry to hear TLJ isn't playing near you. I say go to IMAX if you can. It makes a difference in the quality of the experience.

Bowen likes this.
  6. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I have not been to Imax in years, but I will see if I can this weekend.

7. lovethedarkside

Oct 10, 2017
    OMG...that's crazy high. I can't even begin to grasp the concept of doing that. I'm not even sure I've seen ROTS and TFA at home that many times and I've watched them both a lot over the YEARS.

I hope you worked at a theater or got discounted tickets. ^:)^

MarcJordan and Bowen like this.
  8. lovethedarkside

Oct 10, 2017
    I should clarify my comment about IMAX. "Regular" IMAX vs IMAX at a dome is well worth the money and experience. I've seen TLJ in a digital theater, 3D, IMAX, and IMAX on a dome. IMAX on a dome was fun, but definitely not my preferred method. I had to turn my head to read the opening crawl and while some of the scenes were a lot of fun that crazy huge, it took away from the movie when Kylo Ren's shuttle wings were warped like this ) ) instead of like this | | . Otherwise, I truly think IMAX is worth it.

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I think I will stick with normal Imax.

10. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Haha no, not really any discounted tickets that time around. With TPM I had a few free tickets, like when I went to see it at a dollar theater twice in one night, the 4 and 7 p.m. showings, then I came back two days later to see it again twice, same showings, the manager stopped me in mid-transaction and pushed aside the employee, "No no, this man is not paying for his tickets tonight. These are on us!" It was unbelievable, it's a family run establishment too, and sure the tickets were only $2 each, but it was super nice of him. He then greeted me inside and said, "Anything you want, it's on us tonight." I couldn't believe it. I didn't want to be greedy so I just said a small Coke would be great. They were super nice, though.

With TPM it was extremely easy all things considered to hit 50 viewings, I mean I think people think it's a crazy number but what I do now is WAY crazier. Seeing a movie 42 times in 3.5 months is challenging. I saw TPM May through January, it played forever. I had "only" seen TPM 34 times by the end of November, then it came out in December for that charity re-release and I saw it 6 times in a week, because I thought that was my last chance (each time I saw it twice on three different days), so that brought me to 40. Then it played dollar theaters in January, where I saw it 10 more times.

I'm known for being the marathon viewer not the sprinter. Usually it's pretty typical here for a few posters if not even a dozen of them to have seen a new Star Wars movie more times than me in the first week, but the difference is I'll see a Star Wars movie as many times in Week 10 as I do in Week 2. My viewing count just remains steady and that's how it goes so high :D

11. lovethedarkside

Oct 10, 2017
    Well, I'm super impressed. After 3 times in 6 days, I got momentarily fatigued. It was really nice of that theater owner to recognize you and reward your efforts (and loyalty to his place). My last in-theater viewing of TFA (before the recent double-header with TLJ), was at a discounted theater. It was such a bad experience that I felt slimy coming out of there. I sure hope your dollar theaters are in better shape!

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I wish I could get these discounts

13. appleseed

Dec 5, 2002
    Yeah, although I am a huge DC fan and I skipped Batman V Superman, Suicide Squad and Justice League and I might skip Episode IX and Solo. It doesn't bother me one bit to miss a tentpole movie. That's money I can spend on something else or not at all.

T-R- likes this.
  14. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Once, unfortunately, but that was more to do with a series of ill-timed personal disasters rather than the inclination and desire to go again. Only a matter of weeks before the Blu-Ray is out though.....

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Well it’s better to look at it that way then saying a few months.

B99 and CrazyOldJedi like this.
  16. Marathonjedi77

Marathonjedi77 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 2, 2012
    4 times now

17. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    unfortunately once you've seen it it can't be unseen

Darren_Saw and appleseed like this.
  18. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    I plan to see it again this weekend so it will be my second time.

19. DarthBane93

DarthBane93 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 11, 1999
    2 times. Least amount since I was a child watching the OT. I even watched AOTC 4 times in the theatre believe it or not.

appleseed likes this.
  20. CrackedKyberCrystal

CrackedKyberCrystal Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 9, 2016
    Once.

And once was more than enough. First time I've seen a SW film only once in the theatre.

DarthBane93 and appleseed like this.
  21. appleseed

Dec 5, 2002
    Yeah, we kept going back to see AOTC again and again just for Yoda at the end. That and the entire arena battle, plus the chase through Coruscant in the beginning, all great action set pieces.

22. DarthBane93

DarthBane93 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 11, 1999
    Well my point was that AOTC was terrible. Sorry...[face_nail_biting]

23. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    That's dramatic, to say the least. AOTC is an incredible film, I love it just as much any other Star Wars movie. Coruscant is my favorite planet, so seeing that chase sequence is a highlight of the whole saga for me. Yoda fighting is also up there, but the whole Battle of Geonosis is amazing and I have to say I like the "mystery" feel to AOTC. It's the only SW movie to me with that type of feeling and there's something about that where it makes me come back to AOTC more often, because it's the only film of that type in the saga.

I got back from viewing 21. It was.. interesting. The couple behind me was just bizarre, like I sat down and the hefty older woman had her feet on the back of my chair, and then she's like, "Really? He has to sit right in front of me. URGHHH" -- it's assigned IMAX seating lady, it's not like I pay attention to whether the seat behind me is taken. I pay attention to the seats next to me and try to leave space. It's stadium seating, so really, it doesn't matter. But nope, she hated that, so they were basically borderline sleeping before the movie started or before the previews, and complaining how it's so late. Ok, maybe don't go see the movie at 10:30? I don't know, just a thought. Then they move a few seats over, and I hear them chattering about 50 minutes into the movie, "Are you asleep?" "No, just tired" "I saw your eyes closed." "We shouldn't have went so late." "Yeah, they shouldn't offer movies this late," it was something to that effect. Then a few minutes later, "I don't understand any of this movie, do you?" "No, not really." "We should have seen the other ones first huh?" "I guess." "I'm putting my shoes back on." "Ok." Then they both left the theater and threw their 3D glasses into the bin, 1 hour and 5 minutes into the movie (I checked).

That was just a bizarre experience. Like I've witnessed people walk out of a movie before, never a Star Wars movie (though entirely possible I just wasn't paying attention, of course), but usually it's more like they were ticked off at it being bad. These people were just so tired and hadn't even apparently seen any recent SW movies (or any?! I don't know... beats me, that doesn't seem believable) and they just left. It was so relatively early in the movie, I'm not sure what confused them lol.

24. Roosterq

Roosterq Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 6, 2017
    Once, I won't see it again until I have it on BR. I will hope for a bit of redemption in IX but I may not even go to the movies to see it.

25. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    Great, this means I will get better seats.

Jozgar, CrazyOldJedi and Bowen like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.