main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST How many times have you seen TLJ?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Vader0706, Dec 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    I've saw it 3 times:
    -Pre-release at midnigth with my brother and 3 friends;
    -First saturday with my parents, brother and my girlfriend;
    - At Christmas with the Girlfriend again.

As a comparison, I've saw TFA 2 times, and Rogue One 4 times.

2. DarthHass

DarthHass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    5 and counting.
    Saw TFA a whopping 10 times -- for me that's a lot.
    Rogue one 5.

I'd like to see TLJ at least two more times before it's pulled.

I saw TPM 20 times in 1999. Forgive me as I know not what I was doing back then. I was 19. Enough said

Bowen and Ricardo Funes like this.
  3. DarthBane93

DarthBane93 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 11, 1999
    @Bowen: I appreciate your love for SW, even AOTC.

But for me its the worst of the lot. Thats ok. :)

Bowen likes this.
  4. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    As of yourself, 4 times. The first 3 in 2D, the last in 3D IMAX.

5. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    Once. That was enough

6. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Final IMAX showing :( 3:40 at Lloyd downtown and the curtain closes on another SW movie in IMAX. Sad. But the run continues.

My count is 22. I dragged my GF along as I said in another thread and TLJ was her least favorite film when she saw it opening night.
    She still liked it but didn’t love it. We have a convert though!! She loved it the second time around, “Way better!” I’m relieved honestly it has bummed me out because it sort of made it awkward to mention the negativity on the forums / fan base brings me down a bit when she was one of the haters! Haha jk she still liked it but the second viewing brought her back to the good side... even if she is still rooting for Reylo. Ugh. Painful!

7. Vanthorne_OX

Vanthorne_OX Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2002
    Three times:
    Opening night with brother and mom
    Christmas Day with wife and extended family
    Jan. 7th with brother (his 2nd and final theatrical viewing)

That's it for this one. I did Rogue One twice. I did Force Awakens 4 times thanks to my wife wanting to see that one twice - which really shocked me because she grew up somewhat resenting the OT because she had three brothers and was often outvoted on what to watch on road trips, and her comment to me on walking out of Revenge of the Sith was "I don't ever want to see that move again." And she meant it. So when she turned to me at the credits of Force Awakens and said she wanted to see it again, it was a pleasant surprise. Of the Last Jedi she said it was good but she didn't like it as much as The Force Awakens. She is not liking Kylo Ren and did not like how Rey was warming up to him. I explained she thought he could be redeemed, but she's not drinking my Kool-Aid on that one.

My brother, a tried and true Star Wars fan, saw The Force Awakens 3 times. He and I have similar views on the Last Jedi (but not always on Star Wars as a whole, for instance I think Empire is the best, and he is one of those people that like to be different :p and say Empire is good, but over-rated.) Of the Last Jedi he was confused about how Snoke was treated, but the biggest problem for him was how out of place Canto Bight felt to the progression of the movie, and he was not a fan of the movie having to jump between three places between Rey, Poe, and Finn and Rose. He was fine with The Last Jedi's treatment of Luke and wanted more Rey and Luke and less Finn and Rose and stampeding fathiers.

As I'll never turn down a chance to go see a Star Wars movie, it basically boils down to the people I go see it with that determines the number of actual times I go to see it before it comes out on DVD.

8. Finland Skywalker

Finland Skywalker Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 13, 2016
    Only once. I want to see it again though.

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Hope you notice many new things!

10. Roosterq

Roosterq Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 6, 2017
    No need for a snarky comment. The OP asked the question, and I answered. I didn't go into a tirade about how it was the worst movie ever made or anything ridiculous like that, I simply answered the question that was asked. Besides if you had a room like I do to watch movies you might have a similar stance.

11. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Or, you might not lol. I watch movies at home on a 75” 4K (and 3D) TV with 7.1 surround by Klipsch and I still see every SW movie in theaters dozens of times. Heck my dad has a dedicated sound paneled projection based home theater that cost him some ungodly amount of money and I could go up and use that every time but I still prefer seeing Star Wars in a real theater. Nothing beats it! I live at the theater :D

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
    Ricardo Funes likes this.
  12. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I agree. Nothing is ever the same again once it leaves the theatre. It doesn’t change the quality of the film itself, but it changes the experience. But heck, I’d love to have that set up you have @Bowen.

Ricardo Funes and Bowen like this.
  13. Slee

Slee Jedi Padawan

Jan 11, 2016
    Three times. The first time I missed 5 minutes in the middle of the movie so was eager to go watch it a second time. Then my brother wanted to see it again with us. Each time I noticed more and more. Am excited for the book to come out to get an even more in depth idea of what the characters are thinking and what is happening, especially curious about the force Skype, throne room and Cave mirror scenes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Luke's_Mighty_Beard

Luke's_Mighty_Beard Jedi Youngling

Jan 18, 2018
    I guess three is the magic number around here. :p

I saw it three times too.

15. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Yeah it's overall a ton of fun, we moved two years ago into a 3 story house and the basement is part-daylight but completely finished, it's just a big 750-800 square foot open space. We put in a big couch that has equal space on two sides, then put a TV facing each side (so one part of the couch faces the guest TV, a 65" 1080p older TV), so the second TV is for gaming and has an Xbox One S and PS4 attached (the main side has the One X and the PS4 Pro). It's a ton of fun, and usually to an extent noise isn't TOO big of a problem as the bedrooms are two floors up. But I can't really play movies loud once my GF goes to sleep ha ha and there's also the fact I'm a loud movie kind of guy. I mean if I were to put the system where I want it, I'd start to hear some groaning, but at the same time she's gone to work or with friends or her mom enough where if I want to sneak in a nice loud viewing of something I can still do it :p

Planning my 23rd viewing Saturday, not sure if afternoon or night yet, but that's the goal. My first ever seeing this movie in just a regular old 2D theater... sad it's gone from IMAX. It won't be the same that's for sure.

16. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    We should take advantage of all seconds in theaters, because if they don't do anything new, they will stop being relevant.

Theaters must step up their game, or they will no longer exist in 20 years.

Nothing beats the theater experience. Nothing. You can have a home IMAX, nothing beats hearing 300 people cheering when they show Luke was a projection, or the reaction from Holdo's sacrifice, or when Kylo kills Snoke...

Be it 3D with no glasses, they need to strike back with new and revolutionary tech.

Avatar was #1 WW and had absurd legs because every single theater that upgraded to 3D screened it as a tech demo. We need another technical revolution like that.

Bowen and MarcJordan like this.
  17. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    I wish that Disney would innovate with Star Wars, because that was always a big thing for Lucas. The Star Wars movies were hugely important in the history of cinema and pushing the medium forward, whether it was the effects of the 1977 film or Skywalker Sound and ILM as companies, THX as a sound system to standardize the theatrical experience, or the creation of all-CG characters in TPM that paved the way to an entire generation of new blockbusters, or AOTC being the first major film using only digital cameras that has now become the norm (despite some dinosaurs including JJ insisting on using 35mm, which as a filmmaker I wouldn't ever use on any film no matter the budget, no thanks, the 8K RED Dragon looks vastly superior to any film and has more dynamic range and sharper colors). It would be nice to see someone push the bounds of technology again with a Star Wars movie, perhaps on RJ's new trilogy or whatever. Can't let James Cameron be the only innovator here :p

18. -LordSkywalker-

-LordSkywalker- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 3, 2013
    Once and that was one too many

19. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I'm heading out for #7 today. This might be my last one since it looks like it leaves theaters in my area this week. :(

Now we wait for the Blu-Ray!

TK327 and Ricardo Funes like this.
  20. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    1,138 times. Now I have Movie Dementia and everybody looks like Mark Hamill.

21. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Twice. Wanted to go see it again today, but saw that my theater is no longer showing it. So I guess twice was it for me.

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Going to try to see it again today.

23. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    [​IMG]

24. datatapes

datatapes Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 28, 2016
    Finally saw it for a second time today, this time in IMAX at the Manchester Printworks Vue!
    All Star Wars movies deserve to be seen in IMAX, I believe.

B99 and Ricardo Funes like this.
  25. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Three times, tied with TFA for most times I’ve seen a movie in theaters. I saw TFA 3 times, RO 2 times, and now TLJ 3 times. I’d love to see it 50+ times, but I also like to wait and anticipate the Blu-ray, so when I watch it on home video I haven’t seen it in three months so it’ll feel awesome seeing it again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.