main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST How many times have you seen TLJ?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Vader0706, Dec 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Seeing it tonight. (8th time?)

2. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Twice.

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I am excited to see it in Imax tomorrow

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  4. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    I blame the way movies are released now for not being excited for almost anything ever when it hits home video. I feel like they make their release window for people who missed it in theaters. Even if I loved the movie when I saw it in theaters (Blade Runner 2049, twice) I still don’t care to see it right when it comes out on home release. I bought the digital 4K copy of Blade Runner but it’s a long movie and I haven’t felt like watching it again yet. With Star Wars it’s an exciting IDEA to own a new SW movie but the reality is I don’t ever watch it more than once in the first six months it’s out at home and even that time is out of pure obligation. I had just seen Rogue One like 4 days before it came out lol I had no real desire to see it again for the 43rd time when it wasn’t in theaters anymore :p

I’m so bummed... I like to be here for all of the milestones like $600M today but I have felt AWFUL all day, like mild headache, my nose won’t stop running no matter what even with DayQuil, and I’m just tired. I couldn’t make it out today to see TLJ :( I will rest and hopefully go Sunday. It was a long week of work (I outlined a 65 scene screenplay from start to finish aside from my other work) and I think I just wore myself down because today hasn’t been great. So I’m watching old classics I’ve never seen like Wings (1927, first Best Picture winner) and Out of Africa lol

vong333 likes this.
  5. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I've seen the movie only 10 times, and I feel you Bowen. I'm now watching the 1972 Posiden Adventure.

Ricardo Funes and Bowen like this.
  6. Starkiller17

Starkiller17 Jedi Master star 2

Jul 6, 2010
    I've got tickets to an IMAX showing tomorrow night. I'm pumped. I haven't seen a movie at IMAX in ages. Also, it will be my 3rd time seeing TLJ.

Ricardo Funes and MarcJordan like this.
  7. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Dang I wish it was still in IMAX here :( We have 12 Strong hogging IMAX now for no reason lol

8. Starkiller17

Jul 6, 2010
    I'm really excited for the IMAX. The last thing I saw there was a documentary called Fires of Kuwait back in '92. So it's been a while.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
    Ricardo Funes, MarcJordan and CEB like this.
  9. MarcJordan

MarcJordan Force Ghost star 4

Nov 17, 2014
    10th time....In my dreams. Yes, it's THAT good. :D

MJ

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Really wish I could have seen TLJ again, but my friend pulled out at the last moment.

11. Starkiller17

Jul 6, 2010
    Just got home from my 3rd viewing at IMAX. Wow. It was even better the 3rd time.

Ricardo Funes, Satipo and MarcJordan like this.
  12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Did you originally like it on your first viewing?

13. Starkiller17

Jul 6, 2010
    I was sort of meh the first viewing. Second one I was able to sit back and enjoy it more and I really liked it. After this third viewing I'm confident that I love it now.

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    That’s good to hear!

15. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    6 full theatrical viewings! Went for one of the last 3D AVX shows in my local theatre. I was actually trying to make the 2D show but due to the fact that other people in the world exist (and take up time and space!) I went for the bigger screen AVX. Great sound in that theatre, anyway.

New Year's Resolution is to watch The Last Jedi at least once a month. Got my January show in last weekend, can still probably get a February show in at least one theatre. March show.... I barely got in a March theatrical show of TFA when it was out, so hopefully the blu ray will by out in late March. Or I can find one theatre still showing it.

16. Christopher Blair

Christopher Blair Jedi Master star 4

Dec 23, 2015
    I've seen it 4 times now. I'm waiting for the blade runner double Blu ray pack that we all know is coming, I'm a documentary movie junkie, this weekend I watched ones on the Halloween series, scream series, alien series, no country for old men, and the original blade runner.

17. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    TFA and Rogue One played here straight through March pretty much. Both were in first run theaters near me until the last several days of the month so my March viewing counts of both were as high as January lol.

I just saw it for the 24th time. Gotta say it wasn’t a lot of fun to me. My first viewing of the movie not in IMAX here and they put it on a pathetically small screen like one that indicates it’s about to be pulled (which it isn’t). To me the sound was way too low. Effects and music were ok, dialogue was way too quiet! I should feel like everyone is shouting, not just talking. If I can talk over the movie if I wanted to then it’s too quiet. I guess I’m just used to IMAX sound systems. The size of the screen makes a huge difference but to me that’s like 30% of the IMAX experience. At least 50% is the sound with the final 20% or whatever being the actual quality of the projector. It’s simply sharper and brighter in every way. The regular projectors are kind of dark and dreary. I felt like I was watching a different movie. I can’t say it was a fun time.

I’ll go to another theater next time I see it and if I can’t find better than that experience next time I’ll just sit closer. There were 4 other people and all insisted on sitting near the back. I have no idea why they even bother going to the theater because I was about midway between front and back and it was too far away. I think I could at least somewhat compensate for the mediocre screen with being a lot closer to the action and it would help the dialogue speaker too. Ah well, 24 times for me now.

18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I cannot believe you have seen it that many times!

19. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    Saw it yesterday for the third time, each time was at a different theater with different people. I still got the feels during certain scenes. It remains hard to imagine the final chapter without Carrie. I'm looking forward to the home release now, as three viewings tends to be my limit at theaters.

20. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Haha, I'm thinking there's not much chance I get to my TFA / Rogue One number, but ah well. I know I'll easily hit 30 but it may die out somewhere in the 30s because I don't know A) How long it'll stick around in theaters, and B) Whether I'll want to see it more than twice a week given the quality of the 2D auditoriums it's playing. Maybe I'll adjust a bit more but that first viewing after an IMAX run is brutal. It's just so bad compared to IMAX, yikes. This reminds me why I avoid seeing any big movies in anything but IMAX lol.

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Do the opposite. I have not seen Imax for years. :p

22. Matty20172018

Matty20172018 Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 20, 2017
    Seen TLJ once and that is that. Only Star Wars film seen more than once was ROTS (twice). I'll be sure to get the bluray, although I may consider the online copy depending on price
    - Especially considering the fact that Disney released a SE of TFA further down the road.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
  23. Jamtia

Jamtia Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2016
    Saw it for a 4th time today. Feels like it has gotten better each time, or at least more tolerable. Few things though.

I can’t appreciate Holdo at all. I get we aren’t supposed to like her but boy, I haven’t hated a SW character like that almost ever.

Rose is tolerable. I think I tend to hate her when I think about one or two scenes, but overall, even though she doesn’t help the plot, she is tolerable.

Mark deserves an Oscar. It’s annoying he won’t get one but we all appreciate his acting.

C3PO actually did a translation for BB8, didn’t remember that.

Rey isn’t as overpowered as You’d think. She needed help from Kylo to take the guards plus she couldn’t lay a hand on Snoke. Still feel like she needs to get beat by Kylo to make up for TFA.

Rey is relatable with “need to find my place in all of this.” I feel the same with me trying to find a job and my path in life.

I don’t like how Dj was in the same cell as them. Like what are the odds. If he could have broke out anytime with his cards than why did he wait till Finn and rose got there. Was he already working with the FO by then?

I won’t ever get over Luke passing in this movie. Still needed more time for his character to turn around. Ford/Han gave us everything we wanted to see from the characte in TFA, felt like we didn’t get half of that with Luke.

Finally after the forth time, this movie finally felt too long to me.

24. SaintKenobi1322

SaintKenobi1322 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 17, 2013
    One and done.

Darren_Saw likes this.
  25. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Well it looked like it was going to leave my local theater after tomorrow but they've added showings all the way into next week! I'll be seeing it for the 8th time next Wednesday since I have a day off! Woot!

Starkiller17 and MarcJordan like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.