main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST How many times have you seen TLJ?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Vader0706, Dec 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Breakin2

Breakin2 Jedi Grand Master star 1

May 24, 2002
    Once.

Didn’t like it and won’t watch again until it’s on Blu-ray.

2. KembaSkywalker

KembaSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 16, 2016
    Three times in three days on opening weekend, and I'm having withdrawals. Planning on going every Sunday for the next few weeks.

3. CosmicDust

CosmicDust Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 16, 2017
    Twice! I might see it again, but I want to give myself a break first.

Ricardo Funes and Strongbow like this.
  4. MYMUTHAZ

MYMUTHAZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 17, 2001
    Dying to go for the 2nd time still, darn holiday

Ricardo Funes and Strongbow like this.
  5. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    That'very true. Unless it's a Star Wars movie, I never see a movie in theaters more than once. It costs a fortune, you can't pause it to pee. I have a big ass TV at home with great sound. If I want to see it again, I can see it there, in a few months.

I think that phenomena affects most movies' legs, and will will even more in the future.

6. Mandalore464

Mandalore464 Jedi Master star 1

Sep 3, 2011
    Once but I'll definitely give it another chance in a few months. I really hope a second viewing will surprise me in a good way.

7. ForcePushUp

ForcePushUp Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 19, 2016
    I've seen it twice.

(shrugs shoulders) I enjoyed it.

8. Roger Goldleader

Roger Goldleader Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 1, 2000
    Twice and done. I don't have any interest in seeing it again.

Nom von Anor likes this.
  9. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Once, and I am not planning on going again.

10. 2old2Bhere

2old2Bhere Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 8, 2014
    Once. I'll wait to rent it on xbox before I see it again. First Star Wars movie I wont see at least 4 times in the theater since Star Wars in 1977.

11. DBPirate

DBPirate Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    Just once. I don't need to see a movie more than that to make up my mind about it. There's no point in seeing it three or even five times just to convince myself it's good.

I may watch it on demand at some point, but like TFA, I probably won't be getting it on DVD/Blu-Ray.

12. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    I don't think most fans see a movie many times to "convince themselves it's good," as you say. I've seen every Star Wars movie in theaters during my lifetime (except ROTJ, I was 6 months old) at least 24 times (one movie) and generally more than 40 times each, several above 50. It's an enjoyable experience. You aren't going to fully appreciate any movie, Star Wars or otherwise, from a single viewing. You simply cannot pick up even close to every detail from that. If you could, directors would have a lot easier job; they'd only watch their own movie once. I've probably seen my own film 100 times and 85 of those were while making it. I wish I would have been able to "pick it all up" in one try, but you simply can't.

I really enjoy watching Star Wars while it's on the biggest screen and when I can appreciate the movies the way they are meant to be seen. Sure, I have a very expensive 7.1 surround / 4K setup at home, but it's still nothing compared to an IMAX theater or even a good solid regular theater (I've only seen TLJ in IMAX so far, and will maintain that until it's gone). It's such a great experience seeing those words come up on screen each time, puts a smile on my face, and I just really enjoy it.

I can understand with the small window now for theatrical, a lot of people would prefer to just wait a few months for home release because of the convenience. I sympathize with that but if you love the movie, don't miss out on a special time where you can see it in theaters. Then it's most likely gone forever, I mean except for a triple feature with Episode IX or whatever.

If I only saw TFA once in theaters, I would have been a bit disappointed as my first viewing wasn't great. I was so tired I didn't appreciate the film fully and missed key plot points, contributing to my mixed reaction. My second viewing, I absolutely loved it, after a long 10 hours of sleep or so that night and seeing it the next day. I would have really missed out had I not given it a second chance, at least. And it's not just Star Wars, either. I thought Birdman was "pretty good," but not great when I first saw it, but I decided to give it another try a few months later and I loved it. It became one of my top films of the year. The same story happened with me and The Fifth Element, where the first viewing I wasn't a fan, but somehow later gave it a second chance and it's one of my all time favorite movies. I love that movie.

13. mickythejedi

mickythejedi Jedi Knight

Aug 9, 2014
    Three times. And it got better and better every viewing. Ranked my 3rd favourite as of today.

14. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    Once, and it was December 15 in IMAX 3D. Seeing it tomorrow in D-BOX, which I've never experienced before.

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  15. Diego Lucas

Diego Lucas Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 12, 2015
    Update: 3 times now!!
    A forth? Maybe next year, or wait the blu ray.

16. zackm

zackm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 22, 2015
    Definitely report back on the D-BOX experience. I've never done it before either, but I'm considering it for this one.

Ricardo Funes and Darth Dnej like this.
  17. thehighground

thehighground Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 7, 2016
    I saw it for the 6th time yesterday, and it gets better everytime. I was shocked after the midnight premiere and still feel ..betrayed, actuall- about some things - but all in all it is a clever, self-contained movie with great acting.

18. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Gonna go see it for the second time here in a bit. Can't say I liked it much the first time, but I regretted only seeing Rogue One once when I didn't like that, and it's quickly become one of my favorites.

19. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    A second time is recommended. I liked it first time but my feelings were confirmed after a rewatch.

20. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Oh, I plan on watching it many times once it comes out on DVD. But I can wait until I can buy a copy to discover all the little bits I missed. I avoided all spoilers except the very first teaser preview, so it was mostly new to me. Very enjoyable, but I can wait until later for another viewing and analysis.

21. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Three - The maximum I see at SW film at the cinemas so as not to "over do" it :cool: I should space my viewing out more though as I used all three up in the first week... :oops:

22. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    @MarcJordan - lets both see it 8x! And Ep IX 9x! :)

Good gracious @Bowen :eek:=D=

How many times did you see ROTS, TFA and RO?

How many times now is it for TLJ?

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  23. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Twice so far, last Saturday with the wife at the nice cinema grill theater, then again on Sunday with the little boy. Might go see it again tomorrow, got 10 days off from work and pretty bored. I really enjoyed it.

24. The Raddinator

The Raddinator Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 18, 2017
    Four times in all; opening night and the next morning, then a few days later twice in iMax.
    That's the most I've seen any movie since LOTR and I am toying with a fifth in the new year but not sure if I will or not.

MarcJordan likes this.
  25. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I've seen it once and I loved it I am waiting till the kids go back to School January 3rd to see It a second Time but I might get brave and see it a second time this week or early next week. My two sisters, mom nephew, and niece are going on a Disney Cruise towards the end of January into February me and my dad are going to watch my Nephew who is Autistic and not going on the cruise with his mom and sister so me and my dad will take him to see the film hopefully for my third time!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.