main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

HOW MANY TIMES WILL YOU GO TO AOTC???

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by trancekilik, Apr 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3263827

3263827 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 1999
    Believe it or not, I saw TPM 9 times in a row on opening day. I spent 26 hours in the movie theatre to see it. Yes I am crazy.

This year, my friend and I plan on see AOTC 10 times in a row on opening day (well, it would spill over to 2 days, but who's counting). Yes we are crazy.

2. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    I'll see it at least twice. I doubt I'll be able to afford seeing it more than that, with all the other movies that I want to see this summer.

3. JWK

JWK Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    I saw TPM 4 times

I think AotC will be the same or maybe a few more.

4. Padawan-kirky

Padawan-kirky Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2002
    i saw TPM 4 or 5 times i reckon ill c this 1 mm once 12:01 session already got my ticket:p then probaly that day and yeah i rweackon bout 7ish times i will

5. Miles Lodson

Miles Lodson Chosen One star 4

Jul 10, 1998
    I think I saw TPM 15 or 16 times.

I worked during the day and my wife worked during the evenings, so many times I would take dinner to my wife, go see TPM, then go home and she would just be getting off work. It worked out pretty good.

I will probably only see AOTC 9 or 10 times though...different circumstances now!

6. rodan70

rodan70 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2002
    I saw TPM 33 times!!! So what I had very little social life at the time. I would say six times....The first day! Enjoy it, take it all in it only happens once in a lifetime.

7. Miles Lodson

Jul 10, 1998
    33 times...wow!!!

You know the first time I saw TPM I was a *little* disappointed...but the more I watched the more I loved it.

8. rodan70

Apr 1, 2002
    There was just so much to to take in, so much detail. It was over whelming. I was only 16 at the time. I enjoyed it SOOO much. I think I will go home and watch it again. On the Phantom Menace disk 2, the making of the movie that was over an hour, at the end of it they showed a premire for it somewhere in Cal, that was the way it was in Marion, Illinois. Lots of fun!

9. Miles Lodson

Jul 10, 1998
    Yeah that's the way it was in Bloomington, IN, also. I now live in Washington, DC, and fear that the crowds won't be as rowdy here.

10. Oakessteve

Oakessteve Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 9, 1999
    Hopefully I'll be seeing it at least three times. I'd really like to see it four times, as I only got to see The Phantom Menace three times. But I will try to see it as many times as I can :D.

11. rodan70

Apr 1, 2002
    Ah, Bloomington, Indiana. Home of the Indiana Hoosiers. I live about thirty-miniutes from Carbondale, Illinois, Home of the Southern Illinois Salukis(SIU). College towns always have alot of crowds for Star Wars movies. They were sold out for the Special Edtion in 1997.

12. Miles Lodson

Jul 10, 1998
    SIU really took it to the Hoosiers late in 2001...but IU's tournament run made up for it.

Man I wish I could back to Bloomington to see Episode II!!!!

13. Gorion

Gorion Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 21, 2002
    I went to TPM 8 times, and I HATED the film. This time AOTC looks much better, but I have less money. I plan to see it once the first day, and then I'll go to see it again the weekend (here is where I really decide if I like the film). After this perhaps 3 or 4 more times.

14. Left My Heart In Dagobah

Left My Heart In Dagobah Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2000
    I saw TPM 18 times. I'm going to shoot for 19 times for AOTC - just for kicks. My first viewing will probably be opening weekend.

15. Darthalex543

Darthalex543 Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2002
    infinity :D

actualy I'm shooting for 20

16. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    I agree with Rodan in that this is only going happen once more, we should make the most of it! I saw TPM 12 times in theatres, mainly because it was so detailed and there was so much to take in. However, many parts of TPM did annoy me. Hopefully AotC will be better, and if that's the case, I'll be shooting for at least 15 viewings, including a preview before the 16th I think I have lined up and a few times on opening day.

By the way, what's this I hear about there being no midnight showings? :( Has there been any word when tickets will go on sale in the States?

17. Darth-Schwartz

Darth-Schwartz Jedi Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    i went to tpm 3 times. aotc probably once opening day and if its realy good i'll watch it more over the summer.

18. MatRags

MatRags Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2001
    I saw TPM 3 times. I've already got plans to see ATOC 3 times in the first 3 days. I like to take different people to go see it especially people who have never seen SW. :)

I'll probably see it 4-5 times.

19. BrownCow1138

BrownCow1138 Jedi Youngling

Jan 19, 2002
    Wow, lots of variety in here! I saw TPM 4 times in the theatre, which seems to be on the low side of average in here.
    I hope to see AOTC between 5-10 times, depending on how much I like it, and how many times I can get people to come with me.

20. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    I think I will probably see it 3 or 4 times. That's how many times I saw Episode 1. And, referring to the Spiderman vs AOTC thread, how many times will you see Spiderman? Most people will probably only see it once, but I guarantee that most people will probably see AOTC at least twice.

21. SirKnightLord

SirKnightLord Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 7, 2001
    I'm guessing I'll end up seeing it at least 10 times. Hopefully more than 13 so that I can top my record for TPM but it's gonna up to our theater to keep it on a little longer than 3 years ago.

I'll see it at least 3 or 4 times between May 16 and 19 though.

22. MasterYaddle

MasterYaddle Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2002
    Hello all!

I'm planning on seeing it 3 times on Day 1 in 3 different theaters--need different perspectives, you know. After that, I'll probably see it once a week until it's out of the theaters.

I saw TPM twice on opening day then about 20 times in the theater. Personally, I liked EPI. I stayed spoiler-free for it, so that made it great. My brother and I spent an hour in the parking lot after seeing it, going over the details and speculating on EPII. So, that's our plan again.

23. Ekenobi

Ekenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2002
    I saw TPM 4 times. But I have a feeling I may see this one more. I am going to the NJ shore in July with my wives family and my brother-in-law and I are big Star Wars fans. May see it with him around then. His son is a fan sa well.

24. DeltaJedi

DeltaJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    Depends on how long it stays out in theaters...

When TPM was out, my buddies and I would get bored and just go see Star Wars. Kind of like a really expensive VHS. =D

I think I ended up seeing Menace about 15 times in the theater over the course of the summer.

Right now, the big question I have is whether I'm going to drive back to DC and go see E2 with my friends out there at the same place I saw TPM, or if I'm gonna go back home to Cincinnati and watch it on a digital theater.

Decisions...

-Matt "The Stampede"

25. farraday

farraday Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 27, 2000
    Only onc eon opening day because I'll have to babysit the boards.

But I plan on seeing it a few more times afterwards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.