main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST How many viewings of TFA for you so far?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by tokilamockingbrd, Dec 24, 2015.

?

How many times have you seen TFA?

1. 1

58 vote(s)
    13.9%
  2. 2

111 vote(s)
    26.6%
  3. 3

99 vote(s)
    23.7%
  4. 4

49 vote(s)
    11.8%
  5. 5

48 vote(s)
    11.5%
  6. 6

20 vote(s)
    4.8%
  7. More than 6

32 vote(s)
    7.7%
  8. 0. Waiting for something?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tokilamockingbrd

tokilamockingbrd Jedi Knight star 4

May 12, 2015
    I got my 4th viewing in tonight. The movie was still amazing. My wife wants to go again. We saw it once together (baby sitting BS). She went once alone and once with a friend. I went 1 time with a friend once with my wife, once with my daughter and once alone.

So my min is 5 at this point. I could see 6 as I will want to catch it in late Jan, early Feb before it leaves theaters.

Curious to see what everyone's tally is.
    Mine- 4
    Wife- 3 (should note prior to TFA she was not a SW fan)

JediMatteus and Ananta Chetan like this.
  2. Episode Swag

Episode Swag Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 9, 2013
    I've seen it two times. I want to see it a third time in 3D cause why not? It will be a different experience! I think I'm shooting for seeing it four times.

3. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    Saw it Friday in 2D. Saturday and Sunday were my first first Real 3D experiences. I plan to see in IMAX 3D.

4. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    And I am sitting here, thinking that whilst my family bugger off to the Boxing Day sales on December 26, i will instead ... head back to the cinema and watch it again for a fourth time..;)

5. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    only once. Was planning to see it 10+ times, but everyone knows what happened. Can't wait for DVD/BR to watch 30 seconds of Luke.

6. wian

wian Jedi Knight

Nov 11, 2012
    Twice in 3D. Got better the 2nd time :D

7. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    I'm at 6 viewings. This is just the thread I was looking to find. I want to track the users who see this movie the most because that has always been part of a new Star Wars movie for me -- friendly competition with fans on our viewing counts :p I did that with each prequel.

I will never forget my epic battle with a forum user on another SW forum named Wizz (a girl). When TPM's primary run came to an end in early November, she was ahead of me 40 to 34. I congratulated her on the victory and just couldn't quite get there. But then it came out for its charity re-release for one week and I saw it 6 times, trying to pull even. She saw it twice more. Again, I congratulated her on the victory 42 to 40. To my surprise, it came back to a local dollar theater for the entire month of January, where I saw it 10 more times and she said it didn't play anywhere near her then. She congratulated me, 50 to 42 victory. Slow and steady wins the race.

While right now, most SW fans I know have seen it 2-4 times, and some took an early lead, I don't slow my viewings too much. I will likely see the movie 3 times per week on average for quite some time. Who knows how high I'll get? Gotta be 25 though.

8. seventhbeacon

seventhbeacon Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 3, 2015
    5. Not even sick of it, yet! I'll probably see it a couple more times after xmas too.

Bowen likes this.
  9. Gixen

Gixen Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 20, 2015
    3 times, all in 3D.
    Have two more booked, one 3D and one 2D.

10. blodie

blodie Jedi Padawan

Dec 14, 2015
    2 times in 2D in french version (the 3D just doesn't work for me), and I planned to go see it a 3rd time but in original version, still in 2D.

11. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Only once but I am defienlty seeing it again.

Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk

12. Phasma's Armor Polish

Phasma's Armor Polish Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 29, 2015
    2 so far, first in 2D, then in 3D building up to IMAX 3D now.

Getting better as I go :D

13. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Oh yeah haven't seen it in 2D yet, I'm at 4 IMAX 3-D showings, 1 standard 3D, and 1 3D with D-Box (moving seat, etc.). I have a ticket to IMAX 3-D on Saturday morning to get another Regal special ticket thingie. I'll go each Saturday for those.

ObiWanKnowsMe likes this.
  14. FollowTheLight

FollowTheLight Jedi Youngling

Dec 23, 2015
    Twice so far, once with my brother, once on my own, but with a third planned for next week with my wife and brother

15. oldskooljedi23

oldskooljedi23 Jedi Youngling

Dec 18, 2015
    I've seen it 4 times now but have avoided 3D mainly because I've never really liked any 3D pics....I think I'm going to go at least once more. Probably will check out imax 3D just for the experience....whats everyone's opinion on the imax 3D version????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Breebel

Breebel Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 4, 2012
    Viewings? 5.

Seats actually paid for? 9.

I saw TPM 14 times. There's no way I'm going to not at least double that financially even if I can't physically sit through each session.

17. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    Duck when the Finalizer comes into view.

I liked it better than non Imax 3D but tbh, I will only see it in 2D (on the best screen I can) from now on as 3D is just too distracting.

18. JorakUln

JorakUln Jedi Grand Master star 1

May 23, 2005
    First viewing - on a standard screen on opening night just to get it out of the way so I could avoid getting spoiled. Sound was horrible, mom was talking over everything, still loved it
    Second viewing - in 3D at Cinemark XD, now this was pretty decent
    Third viewing - Dolby Prime at AMC, perfect and finally felt the full impact of the film

I think thats enough for now...

19. DavBacca

DavBacca Jedi Master star 2

Jun 13, 2002
    I've seen the first hour 6 times and the whole movie 5 times. Cinetopia had the most uncomfortable seat I've ever sat on so I left after Rey's vision. No regrets about buying the ticket though. The picture and sound were far better than Regal and they didn't have ushers barging in with their distracting red lights, but I'll stick with Regal since I need to not be in pain.

20. Ian passman

Ian passman Jedi Master star 2

Mar 16, 2013
    Twice was enough for me.

21. PEW PEW

PEW PEW Jedi Knight

Dec 23, 2015
    Three times, once in 3D (although I accidentally selected four in the poll). First viewing was an opening 00.05 showing. Enjoyed it more each time.

22. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    2 times. I actually enjoyed it a lot more when I was relaxed a second time.

raefinnpoe likes this.
  23. Strange Old Hermit

Strange Old Hermit Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 17, 2015
    Three so far. Taking my son to see it in 3D on Saturday.

24. Fruit Pastilles

Fruit Pastilles Jedi Master star 3

Dec 21, 2014
    I went midnight Thursday morning in 2D, again Thursday evening in 2D, and probably again this weekend, maybe in 3D. I hope to see it a few more times.

25. Spenno

Spenno Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 1, 2015
    Two for me so far, I expect to see it once more and have the steelbook preordered!
    I must say I enjoyed it so much more the second time. I dunno but having hung around here for a year and soaked up so many opinions and thoughts about how things would pan out (which I did enjoy doing, no question, but not sure I'll be doing the same for VIII!) lots of what I was seeing was conflicting with my own version of what to expect. Free of that, the second time was wonderful. It would be wrong to say it's better than this or that episode after two viewings compared to decades of say Empire, but this is into the top three for me. The most fun episode for sure!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.