main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST How many viewings of TFA for you so far?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by tokilamockingbrd, Dec 24, 2015.

?

How many times have you seen TFA?

1. 1

58 vote(s)
    13.9%
  2. 2

111 vote(s)
    26.6%
  3. 3

99 vote(s)
    23.7%
  4. 4

49 vote(s)
    11.8%
  5. 5

48 vote(s)
    11.5%
  6. 6

20 vote(s)
    4.8%
  7. More than 6

32 vote(s)
    7.7%
  8. 0. Waiting for something?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Assuming we aren't counting the bootleg video of audio clips from the movie, 6 :)

2. deathfromabove

deathfromabove Jedi Master star 2

Feb 18, 2007
    Yes its a lazy film.It is just a lazy remake of ANH.Its '' new '' characters are just the same characters done before with different names ( Kylo = Darth Vader, Maz = Yoda, BB-8 = R2D2,Snoke = Emperor with bad cgi (etc) ).Its '' new '' planets have been done before ( Jakku = Tatooine, Ice planet = Hoth, ).Yes it reintroduces the original cast and ruins the happy ending and closure they got at the end of ROTJ by making Luke a failure and a coward and Han resets back to being a smuggler because his relationship with Leia broke down and they were both failures as parents.

And quoting the films box office and revierw numbers is a silly way to justify a film being good.There are TONS of hugely successful films that are actually terrible films.

I have no problem with anyone actually liking this car crash of a film.But anyone who keeps going back to it again and again just because its Star Wars or saying they '' love giving their money to Disney '' are GULLIBLE in my opinion.This is exactly the reason why there are so many reboots and rehases these days because why should studios actually try to make a good film if GULLIBLE fans are just going to keep showing up.Jurassic World is another example of this.Just a lame reahash that relies on what came before and makes BILLIONS because audiences are too dumb to realise they are just being sold the dsame product over and over again.

I love the first six Star Wars movies and am not against having more but if TFA is the standard of what we are getting then the series is dead to me.It really is a great pity that so many fans are blind to how bad this movie was due to nostalgia ( '' Oh look! It has Han Solo! The Millenium Falcon! Tie Fighters! Stormtroopers! That means it MUST be good! )

Lots of people love this film....but then lots of people are mad.

JediKnightYJK likes this.
  3. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    deathfromabove Enough. If you disagree with people that's fine but stop calling them gullible for having a different opinion.

Howard Hand, Ricardo Funes and Dra--- like this.
  4. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it. That's certainly a shame. I could have imagined myself in the same position as you and certainly worried about that before I saw it, but I genuinely love the movie and go back to see it again and again because it's so much fun and succeeded on such a high level for me personally. It's not a nostalgia thing for me at all -- I'm 33, so I wasn't around for the OT. I have a lot more prequel memories than OT memories and this film wasn't about that but I still loved it.

5. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Don't misrepresent and distort reality to inflate the self-importance of your own position. Most critics and fans love TFA. A small minority doesn't.

There is no equal amount of "lots" of folks who disagree, as you try to suggest above.

People are entitled to their opinions, but not their own facts.

6. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Let's get back on topic please and everyone play nice.

7. Adella7

Adella7 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 8, 2016
    I've only seen the movie once. I plan to see it many times once its on BluRay dvd , sometime in the future.

8. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I've seen it 4 times, so far.

Ricardo Funes and Dra--- like this.
  9. El_Machete12

El_Machete12 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    4 times, planning on 5th and probably last time this weekend, then I'll wait for the blu-ray (though I'm not making any promises!)

Ricardo Funes and Bowen like this.
  10. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    Just three times for me. I'll watch it on blu ray once released, and then watch with commentary track if there is one, and then that will be me done with it as a standalone film, and I'll then settle it into the collection (my thing is that I never just watch a Star Wars film, I do saga rewatches, so once I've got my fill of TFA as a new film, I'll only ever watch it as part 7 of a series)

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  11. Starkiller17

Starkiller17 Jedi Master star 2

Jul 6, 2010
    Five times for me. I'm thinking a sixth time is in order. Preferably in IMAX.

12. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Better get out there today or tomorrow Starkiller! It's only in IMAX through afternoon tomorrow. As of right now my local theater for instance has 5 showings left, 2 of which I plan to attend, including the final IMAX showing at 3:20 p.m. tomorrow.

I will miss it in IMAX 3-D that's for sure. They better announce the 3-D Blu-ray soon because I don't really want to be stuck seeing it in 2D for all of time. I mean, it's ok that way, but I don't prefer it at all. I just love seeing the depth of the 3-D work they did. It looks fantastic.

Starkiller17 likes this.
  13. Starkiller17

Jul 6, 2010
    Yeah I just checked actually and it's no longer playing at my local IMAX. I can't say I'm too disappointed though. Several of my friends saw it and say it was really underwhelming at the IMAX in town.

14. PPZVGOS

PPZVGOS Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 27, 2015
    6 times so far.

Maybe 7 before it leaves theaters.

15. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999

Unless your local theater is perhaps not a very well run IMAX (?), I find that tough to believe. I will only watch it in IMAX 3-D -- it's that good. It looks and sounds AMAZING. I thought the regular 3D was pretty bad honestly, too dark, and normal theater sound systems are pathetic. Worse than a home theater in 90% of the cases, not loud enough, and not properly calibrated. But IMAX auditoriums are usually top notch. I love it!

AmySolo likes this.
  16. loststars

loststars Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2016
    This weekend will be my 7th time

17. Starkiller17

Jul 6, 2010
    Admittedly I haven't been to my IMAX in a long time so I can't judge how it's run but from what my friends tell me the screen was really dark and hard to make anything out. Also it wasn't in 3D which is disappointing.

18. CrackedKyberCrystal

CrackedKyberCrystal Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 9, 2016
    I've not kept count but I've definitely seen TFA around 10 times. Love the movie. And there are easter eggs and subtle clues laced throughout TFA so its fun to get repeated viewings for those. Particularly great seeing this movie in IMAX 3D. Like the above poster, I will only watch TFA in IMAX 3D. So much more powerful in that format.

19. AmySolo

AmySolo Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 12, 2016
    Ouch ouch and ouch. That's a major bummer. :(

The two Imax screens I saw were pretty amazing and both 3D.

20. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Yeah I had no idea honestly that any IMAX screens were not 3-D for TFA. I think I heard of one or two of them playing film prints or something that were 2D, but I wasn't really aware of that being a common thing. Every one around here was IMAX 3-D. A 2D projection should never, ever be dark, or they're doing something HORRIBLY wrong hahaha my god. That's... that's pretty bad!

Just watched it for the 31st time. I'll see the final IMAX showing tomorrow at 3:20.

Full disclosure, I'm getting "there" with TFA, finally. I'm probably one of the biggest fans imaginable but even I have a certain limit at which point it's just too much. The Mighty Bowen might be cracking. I mean, I totally still want to see it twice a week, but I need a little break at least and to slow the viewings a bit. Last two times, didn't really notice anything new, and I know the movie like the back of my hand at this point.

It's still enjoyable and I still love it, but to keep that enjoyment I think it's time to slow the pace.

At present I will have achieved a pace of exactly 4 times per week since it opened. That's a pretty remarkable pace. Even though I saw TPM 50 times, I averaged fewer than 2 times per week because it played in theaters from May through January.

21. Starkiller17

Jul 6, 2010
    31 times? Impressive. Most impressive. My record is 5. Tied between TFA and Jurassic World.

22. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Yeah lol. I know the movie backwards and forwards by this point. Ready to watch the other 6 more, but I am waiting until I get my new 75" TV and speaker setup to enjoy them again.

23. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    lol so true.

Anyway, I'm off to watch the Star Wars prequels again. I love giving my money to George Lucas and LFL.

Dra--- likes this.
  24. jimmycrank

jimmycrank Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 29, 2015

75'!!!! jees compensating for something mate!? :p haha j/k TFA on Blu-Ray on a 75' TV is going to be Beautiful! I'm Envious!

25. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    Only three so far. I'm hoping to get another viewing this weekend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.