main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST How many viewings of TFA for you so far?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by tokilamockingbrd, Dec 24, 2015.

?

How many times have you seen TFA?

1. 1

58 vote(s)
    13.9%
  2. 2

111 vote(s)
    26.6%
  3. 3

99 vote(s)
    23.7%
  4. 4

49 vote(s)
    11.8%
  5. 5

48 vote(s)
    11.5%
  6. 6

20 vote(s)
    4.8%
  7. More than 6

32 vote(s)
    7.7%
  8. 0. Waiting for something?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyra_Rey-Kylo_Ren

Kyra_Rey-Kylo_Ren Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 31, 2015

i wouldn't be excited for it, if in my country they didn't drop it in theaters for about a month now, so blu-ray will be my only chance to watch it now, so i can't wait

ObiWanKnowsMe likes this.
  2. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    Hmm .. it is still showing in my town - 9 Pm screening in a couple of hours... tempted .. tempted..

3. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    I thought it was really good,, Not perfect.

astronaut23 likes this.
  4. astronaut23

astronaut23 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 9, 2005

I've yet to see a movie that was…when you do let me know…lol.

B99 likes this.
  5. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Went to my 6th and final viewing at my local theater, the Penn, last night, where I had waited in line and seen STAR WARS in 1977, when I was seven. Went with a friend I've known since grade school and with whom I'd seen The Empire Strikes Back in 1980. Talk about nostalgia.

6. astronaut23

Jan 9, 2005
    I went on fandango and found out there was a 2nd run theatre showing TFA in 3d just 20 miles from my house. So I got to see it in 3D at 4:10 for 5 dollars…can't beat that price for the film on big screen and 3D…lol. Wow, I didn't think I was gonna get to see it in 3D again in the theatre thats for sure. I've been watching it for weeks in regular 2d for more than I paid to go to it today in 3D…lol. There is no comparison to watching it in the 3D. That was sweet.

This is the 14th time I've seen the film. Its been fun to watch every time. And now I have also seen it in 3 different states like some posters above were bragging about…lol. I've seen it in Missouri, and in North Carolina once when I was there for Christmas in December, and Illinois today…lol.

BB-8 My Homework likes this.
  7. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Nice, that's awesome!

I cannot wait for the 3D Blu-ray of TFA because I agree seeing it in 3D is really the best experience, but it has to be GOOD 3D for me, which actually I thought the 3D was mostly poor except for IMAX. I saw it in both Dolby 3D and RealD 3D and they were both overly dark, both pretty low quality. I expect my home system will blow away anything you can get in theaters except for IMAX 3D, which is amazing. From my understanding that's because IMAX actually uses a way to project 3D movies that doesn't just boost brightness at the expense of color accuracy, but actually makes the image look appropriate for 3D viewing and not overly dark even though it is in 3D.

I miss TFA in IMAX. It was so amazing. I took full advantage and spent a fortune seeing it that way, but I still miss it.

ObiWanKnowsMe likes this.
  8. Millennium Falcon 888

Millennium Falcon 888 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    Waiting for the TFA DVD to finally make its debut in Malaysia, so that I can get my third viewing... Still need to have my Episode 7 fix, even if the movie ended its run here such a long time ago! :D

9. darth_mccartney

darth_mccartney Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2008
    I saw it 4 times in 3 different theatres and I've seen it about 3 times at home via online copies of varying quality. Lol

10. daniel brown

daniel brown Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2015
    Finally watched it and actually enjoyed it

11. ObiWanKnowsMe

ObiWanKnowsMe Jedi Master star 4

Sep 7, 2015
    I've seen it 9 times in theaters. Pre-ordered the Target edition of The Force Awakens so can't wait for it to arrive

12. Kyra_Rey-Kylo_Ren

Kyra_Rey-Kylo_Ren Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 31, 2015

The Empire Strikes Back is a perfect movie in my opinion

13. BB-8 My Homework

BB-8 My Homework Jedi Knight

Feb 19, 2016
    I had my twelfth viewing last week. I managed to bring my girlfriend for her first viewing. We had the theater to ourselves and it made for great experience for us. Now that the movie has moved into the discount theaters ($3) I'll try to go two times per week until its run ends. Maybe I can make it up to 20 viewings.

14. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I'm going to remind everyone again that discussing illegal downloads is a bannable offense. You've all been warned.

15. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I'm so jealous of people who have discount theatres! Here a ticket cost around 15 dollars right up until the end of its run a few weeks back.

I have to wait until late April to see the movie again (and I haven't seen it since December 23) :(

16. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014

Can I get a clarification on something please (or possibly an amendment)? speaking as someone who's had this pre-ordered as my first ever blu-ray since pre-orders were being taken, and in the knowledge that we are mostly in the window between cinema and home release where we can't watch the film (Bowen would probably find a screening of TFA if he stumbled into the back room of a "Latvian art house films of the 1940's" festival), is it OK for us to casually mention/clarify points of fact during discussion?eg if someone said "hmm, I'm not sure how that played out - I'll check" and then posts twenty minutes later in clarification without elaborating on methods, would that be OK? Or would that be a "by implication" reference to illegal methods?
    And, further to that, if posts such as that were to be allowed, could follow up questions be seen as baiting or attempts to get people in trouble?

Eg, if a discussion played out like this;

Poster one
    "I really liked the bit where Finn injured Kylo in the duel"

Poster two
    'That never happened"

Poster one
    "I've just checked, and he definitely got a hit on the shoulder

Poster two
    "How could you have checked in that time? Is it playing in a cinema near you?'

Poster one
    "I can't say"

Who would be in the wrong?

(nb, this is out of idle curiosity as I can't get my ps4 to work, so don't worry too much if the answer isn't clear)

17. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    clinteastwoodbradfield Even implying that you've seen an illegal download is not allowed. That's why everyone needs to be careful with what they write because yes those examples you posted could get people in trouble.

18. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    Thanks

19. SWRed7

SWRed7 Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 16, 2015
    #29 is about to begin for me. Still playing in a very nice theatre here.

BB-8 My Homework and astronaut23 like this.
  20. astronaut23

Jan 9, 2005
    My wife and I might go to the drive in movie theatre this weekend and watch it. They are showing a double movie. Zootopia and then Star Wars. I've never been to a drive in where you can park the car and watch the movie from your car but any excuse to go see TFA and even get my wife to go with me again right…lol.

21. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    my niece who is in the third grade saw Star Wars TFA for the first time in the theater on Easter at http://mdlholidaycinemas.com/index.html she said It was the best movie she ever saw !

great little theater clean and cheap and they have digital projectors that they got from donations from there costumers, there is nothing like this theater down here in Port Charlotte Florida :(

22. astronaut23

Jan 9, 2005

So she hasn't seen any of the other Star Wars? Cause there are much better films in the series.

23. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014

she has seen all of them and that is her opinion.

If I had to rate them
    1.Empire
    2.A New Hope
    3.Return Of The Jedi
    4.TFA
    5.TPM
    6.AOTC
    7.ROTS

TFA right up there with the OT from what I have Read In here although I have not been in here in months most on this forum love TFA ...

astronaut23 and Force Smuggler like this.
  24. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    Has she even seen Citizen Kane or The Godfather?! She's hardly qualified to make such a statement!

;)

25. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Are they going to be playing it in theatres even as the movie has been released on DVD and Blu-Ray?

In my area its still going pretty strong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.