main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How many will be in costumes?

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by thanosthemadtitan, Apr 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thanosthemadtitan

thanosthemadtitan Jedi Youngling

Apr 25, 2005
    Greetings!
    How many of you guys plan to be in costume on opening day? Know where the biggest gathering of costumers will be and when? any gatherings prior to May 19?
    thanks!!

2. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    Welcome to the Boards!! :)

3. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    thanos

I think Rebel Legion and the 501st are having a joint event for the midnight screening at the Loews Boston Common (JediMaster6872 will correct me if I'm wrong, I'm sure), so that might be the best place to see costumed folk on opening night. Those two groups will also have a weekend event at the Loews Liberty Tree Mall in Danvers, which is where we, the Boston Rebels, will have our official May meet on Sunday the 22nd. We hope we can see you there, thanos; it's always good to see new faces at our meets. :D

4. thanosthemadtitan

Apr 25, 2005
    Thanks for the welcome! :)
    hmmm.... to go to the midnight show or not to go? I went to the midnight showing of ATOTC at Boston Lowes and no one came in costume! maybe it was in the other room. actually, I really don't care since I live in Central Sq so can bike/walk home.
    Always liked Vader when I was a kid and only saw the first trilogies on VHS. Wanna catch Vader for the first time on Wide Screen! I just want to make this movie a special one and nothing could be better than watching it with a bunch of real fans! had a great time when I saw LOTR:ROTT with some hardcore fans. people in costumes makes a big difference! just like the tame carnival-like atmosphere :-D

5. tk7602

tk7602 Jedi Youngling

Sep 20, 2004
    we don't have anything confirmed for midnight releases yet.

the thing in danvers is going to be pretty cool... saturday the 21nd and sunday the 22rd at the lowes danvers theater. they are doing a big "star wars party" from 12 - 6 both days.

saturday is imperial only (i'll be there as a stormtrooper), sunday is 501st and rebel legion (i'll be there as an x wing pilot)

hopefully both groups will do stuff on premiere night. most theaters don't seem to want to plan things like that until 2 weeks before :confused:

6. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Thanos, you live in Central Square? I live in a dorm just down the street. :)

I don't think I'll be going in costume, but that's just because of my likely particular situation...if you're going with a bunch of friends who are fans, I'd say dress up and have fun! If I were going with you guys I'd definitely be all for dressing up. :D

7. thanosthemadtitan

Apr 25, 2005
    starwarschick14,
    I gather you live in random hall? wow! we're practically neighbors. I'm near royal east.
    yeah, I was thinking about going with a bunch of MIT crowd. actually, for ATOTC, I went to watch it 2nd time(cos I had free tix) on opening night and there were a bunch of sci-fi library regulars and sipb types. there were a couple of "lsc..." thing going on. not that the projector died or anything that night :)
    in any case, if you're interested in organizing, maybe you could find out if they'll be a crowd from the 'tute. I certainly won't mind sharing a cab home.

btw, hope they'll have a cool star wars hack this year. like changing building 10 into a vader bust, but that's gonna be tough!

8. Kaylle

Kaylle Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 17, 2004
    I'm another MITer, and I and at least two of my friends will be going. I plan to be in costume but my friends probably won't be.

I'm assuming we'll go to the Boston Common theater, but I'm happy wherever I can get a ticket ;) I'd be happy to meet up with other folks!

Kaylle

9. kamsolusar2

kamsolusar2 Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2005
    we are seeing the midnight show in randolph and we will be in costume

10. thanosthemadtitan

Apr 25, 2005
    hope you'll have fun! i got tix to midnight show at boston common. the big theater! :)
    btw, if anyone is interested to know, fandango.com has started selling tix for shows at boston common!

11. Blackpadme

Blackpadme Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2002
    We are kind of outside the city, but my friends and family will definitely be in costume on opening night (midnight showing) at the Regal (Hoyts) in Marlborough, MA. The trouble is finding a Star Wars costume to rent or boy at this late date! Any suggestions?

12. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    I'll be in Jedi garb at Lowe's Boston at midnight. My first one in costume; I'm looking forward to it.

-Paul

13. The Butler

The Butler Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 1999
    I have to memorize and tell a story for Japanese class tomorrow and will be making my Darth Sidious costume tonight. Might as well as wear it to Boston Commons!

14. Rotag21

Rotag21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Hello ALL,

If anyone is up in the Concord NH area we will be in custome opening night at the Regal thearter behind the Steplegate Mall. I know we have some Jedi's going. A trooper and a couple aliens. lol

The more the merrier!! Hope everyone ENJOY'S the movie!! May the force be with you all.

SeeYa!
    TK

15. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Hi TK! You really need to drop by our board more often. ;)

Welcome to all the new people! :)

Thanos, I realized I never answered your question...I do live in Random Hall. Right now I'm in Ohio though. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.