main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC How many years realistically could superheroes last?

Discussion in 'Community' started by beezel26, Jun 22, 2015.

1. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    For example if Batman AKA Bruce Wayne started his crime fighting exploits at the age of 25 how many years could he get?

What about Barry Allen as the Flash or Wonder Woman?

And without career ending injuries would it seem more efficient to pass the torch to someone else? Or let their name die with their retirement.

Now Superman's power would last long into his life even as an old man he still could be more powerful then Batman.

2. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000

Kyle Katarn likes this.
  3. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Indefinitely until the genre becomes unprofitable.

Ezio Skywalker and VadersLaMent like this.
  4. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Both Marvel and DC have any number of ways to get human limit heroes patched back up so their gonna last awhile. But like Wonder Woman? She's a demigod. She's got a loooooong while.

5. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Realistically, it's said that Batman wouldn't last as long as the fiction makes out. Between the exhaustion and physical difficulties from all the injuries, Bruce wouldn't last a year. Superman could last a lot longer since due to his Kryptonian powers, he has excellent stamina. He can get by on one to two hours worth of sleep and go weeks without eating. The Flash family has it different because the Speed Force allows longer stamina and their bodies to health for most injuries, so long as the trauma isn't severe like a severed spinal chord. Wonder Woman is an Amazon and is much like a Kryptonian, but even she can be induced into having a heart attack, if she doesn't take sufficient rest breaks. This is due to the fact that a flaw for her is that she refuses to quit until she's won or has been soundly beaten. This was covered in "JLA: Tower Of Babel" and "Justice League: Doom".

6. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Realistically, superheroes aren't realistic to begin with. They are often painted like gods when they clearly aren't and power is substituted for *talent* which muddles things even more.

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  7. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

I'm glad that could be cleared up.

lexu, Point Given and Ramza like this.
  8. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    A year, I give Batman at least seven to twelve years possibly. But at the same time is it possible that he would let some of his tech go to newer crime fighters in Gotham so he could take a vacation or two. But the reaction of Gotham itself would be interesting. Makes you wonder if his actions wouldn't spawn heroes from Gotham PD to take up crime fighting with the blessing of the commissioner.

Actually I don't see Wonder Woman as a regular superhero like Batman. I doubt she would really fight that much in any one city. Leaving the daily mess of crime fighting to other justice league members. She would hang back and only come out for the big fights. Thus giving her longevity.

Superman and Clark Kent are one in the same. As long as he has a job at the Daily Planet he would be fighting crime. Retirement would see less of Superman because he would be in his Fortress of Solitude all the time.

I don't see the Flash slowing down. No pun intended.

And I believe only Wonder Woman and the Batman would ever train their offspring to be the next hero.

9. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    If you keep them in protective bags, indefinitely

BigAl6ft6 and EHT like this.
  10. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Sometimes I ask myself how many threads realistically could beezel last.

11. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    these are the musings of a man devoid of a solid grounding in the world. deliberations with no aim, or goal, barely raising any interest. such futility. it's beyond futility. what is the point of such a discussion? what is the meaning of this?

jp-30, lexu, Darth Punk and 2 others like this.
  12. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    I like to think of beezel as a member of dirty mike and the boyz - the one on the left
    [​IMG]

13. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
  14. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
  15. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    actually you are thinking professionally. if you think a running back, you have at least ten to twelve years maybe longer including high school and college. Which is why you would end up with a decade for batman. The only major issue I see with the Bats is going out on bad knees and a bad back from dropping down from all those buildings.

The guy may be a Billionaire but without good support in your boots one drop from ten feet will end your night real quick.

He must have spent a fortune on good boots. I want to know who was his cobbler?

16. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004

[​IMG]

I need a pair of impact absorbing boots.
    OK, I think we can arrange that. What do you want them for?
    Because...well....just because.....

:p

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  17. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    I am going to go base jumping off El Captain.

18. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I thought Beezel threads would be more entertaining to read while drunk.

Nope.

19. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    Ant-Man's career would last until someone steps on him.

20. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Dark Knight Rises actually had a neat commentary on that. Basically, Bruce was Batman for about a year up to the Joker incident then bailed. When he goes to the doctor, the doc lays it out:

Doctor: I've seen worse cartilage in knees.
    Bruce Wayne: That's good.
    Doctor: No, that's because there is NO cartilage in your knee, and not much of any use in your elbows or your shoulders. Between that and the scar tissue on your kidneys, the residual concussive damage to your brain tissue, and the general scarred-over quality of your body, I cannot recommend that you go heliskiing, Mr. Wayne
    Bruce Wayne: Right.

21. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    I've heard about a Douglas Adams story in which Superman tries to conceive a child...

...things didn't work out too well for a number of women, so I'm told.

22. lexu

lexu Force Ghost star 6

May 28, 2002
    When a beezel reaches a certain age it must begin asking the difficult questions.

23. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    from now on i'm going to picture beezels as a furry little tribble-like creature. i imagine there are like forty in a cluster of beezels, and together they form a complete mind. but we are stuck with only number 26 here, one lone fuzzy little beezel, somehow separated from his pack and struggling to form one fortieth of a thought.

24. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004

Yeah, I'm blanking on the title, but there's an essay about that. Supposedly it would be impossible for Clark Kent and Lois Lane to have a child because Clark would kill Lois with the first thrust.

25. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Again, physical exhaustion and wear and tear would get to him. Look at "The Dark Knight Rises" when you see the physical toll all the fighting, jumping and crashing about did to him. Realistically, he wouldn't be able to keep up the pace and one night, someone would overwhelm and kill him.

Diana fights everyday street crime, along with metahuman and alien threats. She's made Boston and Gateway City her home. So she would do the same thing in the real world.

Not really. Superman does more than fight crime as he helps out with disasters and helps people in other ways. He's helped deliver two babies, one of which was his own son and got another woman to a hospital to deliver there. He's stopped tsunamis, helped clean up earthquakes, rescued people from burning buildings and once a year, reads the letters sent to him and then goes out on Christmas Eve to do his best to help.

[​IMG]

Barry Allen's children became the Tornado Twins.

[​IMG]

His grandchildren; XS and Impulse/Kid Flash II.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wally West's children, Iris and Jai West.

[​IMG]