main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How Many??

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by SithBountyHunter, Dec 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithBountyHunter

SithBountyHunter Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 16, 2004
    how many here are lord of the rings fans????

2. Jedi_Jimbo

Jedi_Jimbo Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2004
    I do enjoy the movies but never got round to reading the books.
    I must do so.
    Don't know wether that makes me a fan!
    But they are cool.

(Movies that is!)

3. SithBountyHunter

Dec 16, 2004
    i tryed reading the books but they are just way to long and complicated i prefer the movies not mention the special effects makes you wonder what the third star wras movie is going to be like hehe

4. DarthArsenal6

DarthArsenal6 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 16, 2001
    it could well be yoda dancing with pademi

5. SithBountyHunter

Dec 16, 2004
    except it looks nothing like Yoda lol (:)

6. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I like the movies
    I'm waiting for the Extended Trilogy box set to come out, if there will be one.

But Star Wars is still better :p

7. SithBountyHunter

Dec 16, 2004
    ive seen the extended box set in HMV im sure its out but i wont be buying the box set i all ready own the extended editions ROTK extended if briliant Sarumans back and theirs a drinking ompertition between Legalos and Gimli hehe i prefer the orginal star wars trilogy im not keen the latest trilogy im still looking forward to the fight between Palpatine and Yoda that will be auwsome ^.^

8. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    I'm a movie fan. There is a box set, but its about £50

9. SithBountyHunter

Dec 16, 2004
    im happy i got my coppies all ready ^.^ i watched first half the extended edition last friday and havent got around to watching the second half or the extras ^.^

10. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Ah the joy of hugely long films

11. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    I watched the extended cut of ROTK on Saturday night. I started at 7pm and (trip to Chinese included) didn't finish till midnight!

Its one long film, but a fantastic piece of movie making at the very highest standard. It was great to see Sauroman back again and the scenes with the deformed Ork General made a lot more sense this time around. In the original you saw the charge of the Rohan horsemen attack the Orks and that was the last you saw of old grumpy. But in the new version, he is in it for another 10 minutes or so.

Loved the mouth of Sauron too! What a creapy looking dude. He must have known that he would be asking for trouble though, wondering out there alone, taking the p*** about Frodo being dead!

12. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Sauron is cool
    But I prefer him when hes 50 foot tall with armourand a Mace.

13. Yoshee

Yoshee Former RSA & CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2002
    how many here are lord of the rings fans????

Me! I love the book and the films. :D

14. SithBountyHunter

Dec 16, 2004
    i kind of realised the fact all though i love the movies and ive only read the books that the movies are infact completely different! i realised it through the first few chapters of the fellowship and alot of scnes that i would of thaught nessecery where missed out! i think the movies make more since in the E E of TROTK but the soryline in the books are so different, not mention they say in the film Smeagla and Deagal are cousins in the book their brothers!!!! but i love the drinking contest between Gimli and Legolos " i feel a tingling sensation in my fingers...I must be effected! plus i like how the added more scenes to the city of the dead that was cool!!! hehe ^.^ Gimli and Gandalf are my faves

15. DarthArsenal6

DarthArsenal6 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 16, 2001
    EA games is releasing a
    Command & Conqure version of Lord of the Rings :cool:

http://www.eagames.com/official/lordoftherings/thebattleformiddleearth/uk/home.jsp

16. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Hmmmmmmm, interesting.

I've never been a big fan of LOTR games. They just can't match the spur games SW churns out.
    I very much doubt LOTR can compete with the likes of KOTOR & Jedi Academy

And with the release of Republic Commando next year, LOTR's minor attempt and trying to conquer the game industry may fall short.

But they can try :p

17. SithBountyHunter

Dec 16, 2004
    hmmm anyone know of any good SW games for the X Box im thinking of treating myself ^.^

18. scardanelli

scardanelli Jedi Youngling star 4

Sep 2, 2004
    Read the trilogy every autumn for 7 years. Also read Unfinished Tales, the Silmarillion etc. Love 'em all.

The movies? That Jackson guy should be impaled on a spike! They bear no relation to the books whatsoever - the films are just generic, badly written fantasy that has no business using characters' names from LotR.

19. SithBountyHunter

Dec 16, 2004
    i only ever read the first few chapters but even then i realised how different the books were, i hated it when Eligha Wood said he felt he made a good job of portraying Frodo i thought thier was no resemblance to movie and book chari what so ever plus i hated the way in the normal edition of ROTK how the completely changed the storyline to what came of Saruman i thought was bad and i guess Christopher Lee thought so to he wanted to seu! i still think it was a good moie to watch even though like you said theirs no resemblance to the book whatsoever

20. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I tried reading The Hobbit when I was 7, but found it too hard and never went back.

hmmm anyone know of any good SW games for the X Box
    Try KOTOR, Jedi Academy or Battlefront

21. Yoshee

Yoshee Former RSA & CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2002
    Well I finally got round to watching ROTK extended edition, and was mighty impressed indeed!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.