side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediPrincessKas

JediPrincessKas Jedi Master star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    3 times, all within the first 48 hours. I haven't seen it since. :( I'm going to try and see it again in the next few days, as I need to reach my goal of 5.

2. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Which stadium obi1?

3. obi1jedinite

obi1jedinite Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 20, 2002
    it is sec taylor stadium in des moines iowa, home of the iowa cubs. we are the tripple A affiliate of the chicago cubs which basically means that we get all of the good players right before they head off to the majors.

4. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Only twice so far.
    And both were negative theater experiences. You already know the story of my premiere evening so I'll just let you know what happened to second time around.
    I chose a viewing on a hot day around mid afternoon. It was cool as only a couple of people were at that viewing. Anyway, a couple of rows in front of me there was a elderly guy (with children- most likely the reason he went to see ROTS) and had white hair. Adding the silloute of the projector screen caused of him made it impossible to ignore his reactions. He kept shaking his head and tiliting it around as he was obviously bored and disliked the movie.

Anyway, after Mace got ejected out of the Chancellor's Office the projector screen image blurred. For a half minute nothing happened. People started getting impatient but no one cared to do anything about it. So, I went out to the projector room. The guy in there was all relaxed and acted like I should take it easy. Anyway, picture was back all sharp again. No one reacted to my effort. Some people.....

5. youngvader

youngvader Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 21, 1999
    4 times. Probably a fifth before it goes of the big screen.

6. Worst_Jedi_Ever

Worst_Jedi_Ever Jedi Master star 1

Jan 13, 2004
    Four times for me; three the first weekend and one this past Monday. I'll probably see it a couple more times before it's out of theaters. I saw AOTC five times, IIRC, so I'll about match that. Despite the fact that it was by far my least favorite prequel, I'll probably never again match my record of 13 viewings of TPM (11 in the summer release and two in the December re-release). I think the fact that TPM gave so much food for thought as far as expanding my concept of the Star Wars universe had something to do with my multiple viewings. The fact that the ROTS DVD will be out so soon lessens the urgency to see it as many times as possible; when TPM came out, there was no guarantee of any DVD release at all, much less a year-end release.

With that said, I'm already jonesing for the ROTS DVD, because I'm dying to see the deleted scenes, and already wondering about changes.

WJE

7. Wally44

Wally44 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 10, 2005
    "it is sec taylor stadium in des moines iowa, home of the iowa cubs. we are the tripple A affiliate of the chicago cubs which basically means that we get all of the good players right before they head off to the majors."

Or the crappy ones that get sent back down... ;)

8. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    6, but that was all during opening weekend. I havent been back since. I'm shooting for 15, but I'm having trouble finding time.

9. obi1jedinite

obi1jedinite Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 20, 2002
    haha, that too wally, that too.

10. leelee

leelee Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2003
    Impressive goal Arrowhead, good luck!

11. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    Six now, and I still cry every time during the immolation scene and Order 66. Damn, and I wondered if Lucas had it in him.

12. NorCalBirdz

NorCalBirdz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 28, 2004
    I've seen it five times, and am planning on seeing it again tommorow [face_smile]

13. LordIsurus

LordIsurus Jedi Master star 3

Jun 24, 1999
    6 times as well. Agree with RebelScum77 I do. Well, not to tears, but Order 66 is something heavy. As is seeing that young padawan move, as if really frightened by Darth Vaders blade extending. Oh..and the delivery of the babies. Awesome music and setting and feeling.

It's been a couple weeks since viewing 6. I am going sometime this week to see it again. It's great on the big screen.

Isurus the White

14. STUBRIS

STUBRIS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    5 times thus far...Want to beat the 7 showings I took in for AOTC, but it's looking less likely now, especially as Batman will be hogging all the big screens.SW on a tiny, crappy screen with tinny sound is no fun at all! [face_frustrated]

15. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    So I wasn't going to do it... but I went to see Mr. and Mrs. Smith this afternoon and discovered that ROTS was still playing on the largest screen at my theatre, I'm not sure why that is. So I couldn't help myself, Batman comes out tomorrow so it's probably the last chance I'd have on a BIG screen... so I snuck away and saw it again tonight. That's 7 times now, which truthfully feels a bit ridiculous. LOL, 6 was fine, but 7 is getting a bit crazy. 8-} Ah, well I enjoyed it just as much... and by enjoy I mean sat there and wept. :p

16. DarthWeenie

DarthWeenie Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2002
    Weenie weighs in with 7. I may gain the upper hand on all yall cause Im going to Japan to catch the premier there too! Its the only country in the world that didnt show it may 19th, for some reason. We'll see how many times I can catch it in the 2 months I'll be there.

Have to get to 21 to beat my TPM record though. (Not gonna happen)

17. DarthBabe

DarthBabe Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 18, 2002
    I've seen it 3 times. I think maybe I'll it twice more in theatres and then wait for the DVD.

18. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
  19. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I've seen it 3 times. I think maybe I'll it twice more in theatres and then wait for the DVD.

Me, too.

20. Ben_Skywalker

Ben_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 20, 2001
    i downloaded it so i've been watching it a few times :D

21. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    I'll make it seven tomorrow. :)

22. Mr. P

Mr. P FanFic Archive Editor, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 1, 2000
    I've seen it three times, I may drag my friends to it one more time. :-D

What I'm really looking forward to at the moment is the DVD, I want to watch it on the 57" tv that they have in the lounge at school...... :-D :-D :-D

23. marajadebean

marajadebean Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2005
    I'm going on Wednesday for my birthday and thankfully, I have the day off. I might do a back to back deal, because my time is so limited now like so many of you. Need to reach my 6 times viewership goal!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.