main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series How mature is Rebels?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by BadCane, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015

I must have missed it? <Shrugs> perfect I am not...lol

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    It was at the tail end of season 1 but I don't remember the episode. I found that beheading darker than the beheading of four Mandos at once, which just seemed OP and cartoonish. The Aresko and Grint beheadings were more deliberate and calculated.

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Rebels is more A new hope then TCW and that's to say it's more family friendly, but to me it's an amazing watch and I highly recommend it if you like Star Wars or just good TV.

spicer and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  4. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    It was the episode that Tarkin showed up on Lothal, "Call to Action" I think.

Canyon D likes this.
  5. BadCane

BadCane Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2015
    Watch out for spoilers people lol

6. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    It can be really mature when it wants to be see Call to Action or Siege of Lothal or it can be pretty bad with childish humor, see any episode involving Ezra and Zeb.

7. WiseJediKeeper

WiseJediKeeper Jedi Youngling

Dec 22, 2015
    Although it is a little a more kidish then TCW, it can be dark and mature when it wants to be like in Path of the Jedi or Siege of Loth.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  8. BadCane

BadCane Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2015
    I hope it has great cameos like TCW

9. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    The episode has been out just about a month and half short of a year.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  10. SEN. Padme N. Amidala_

SEN. Padme N. Amidala_ Jedi Youngling

Dec 29, 2015
    Its totally a little kids show..;)

11. CheckSix

CheckSix Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 15, 2015
    For my own part, it isn't the storyline or action that puts me off about Rebels. It's much more the animation. To me, the animation seems soft and rounded, whereas TCW was hard-edged, sharp, really drew your eye to certain elements. For example, Rebels' Captain Rex looks like a giant version of one of the 7 dwarves who's had way too many donuts after retirement. And the choice of appearance can't be simply labeled, "Well, he's older now and that's what he looks like!" It's because the animation style is much less realistic than TCW was -- and I think that's by design. That's not a knock on Rebels (or Disney); it's just my personal preference. Rebels is entertaining enough. I just don't think it has the edge that TCW had.

12. True Sith

True Sith Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2015
    It's definitely a lot less mature than TCW, and has more of that 'kids' show' feeling. Not saying adults can't enjoy it, and I find it interesting at times (especially when it comes to the Inquisitors and forming the Rebellion), but personally I think there's been a lot of missed opportunities because of how juvenile it's turned out to be.

Canyon D and Dinos4Ever like this.
  13. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    TCW had some great scenes and great writing. Ive seen Rebels episodes on youtube, but im waiting for Netflix to get the show so I can give it a better view.

14. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    I've not seen full episodes just bits & clips on YouTube b4 the Disney vampi.......I mean lawyers take them down. The "violence" is very childish. When the 2 Imperial Officers were beheaded the cam. turned away & just showed others reactions. As some 1 sed earlier Ezra isn't allowed 2 kill (on the ground) but Sabine the other teen can.

No 1 gets sliced or stabbed with a saber (unless its in a dream/vision). I even heard that after Stormies r shot a few seconds latter u can c them crawl so to show u dat there just wounded.

But some of the stories r ok.

15. Julianlion

Julianlion Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 18, 2016
    I'm not gonna lie I haven't seen many episodes of Rebels. But the few I seen were only because Vader or Ashoka made an appearance. With that said I will watch it from now on since I saw the trailer. As far as how mature it is...it's not nearly as dark as tcw. But it has room to grow. That's my hope anyways.

16. Random Stormtrooper

Random Stormtrooper Jedi Knight

Jan 18, 2016
    Rebels is for everyone no matter your age

17. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    it's kind of in between. they strike a better balance today. i wish cartoons were better done when i was a kid and not so dumbed down.

18. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    TCW wasn't that childish even in its early years. In S2 Cad Bane tortured a Jedi to death and it was shown on screen.

Rebels is still childish and was aimed at kids though I think that might be changing now, with Mauls apparence and the confirmed ageing of Space Aladdin

19. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Remind me how this is childish.
    [​IMG]

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
  21. ARC_RC-7567

ARC_RC-7567 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 22, 2015
    The thing with Luminara was -and excuse me if this sounds sadistic or strange- genius. The entire plot to trap the Rebels was amazing, makes me wish the Grand Inquisitor was alive :( Tarkin was EXCELLENT. He did not take and bull**** and he showed it. THAT is the attitude we need to see from ALL Imperials in Rebels. And the show has gotten more mature, but still doesn't quite yet hit the level The Clone Wars achieved. Still it is a lot more complex and mature than other shows of its rating, the action is a lot more brutal and "realistic". It's getting a lot better.

22. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    A lot of it depends on which characters are involved in the episodes. The main cast fighting just the standard Imperial forces will often call for a bit more of a light story than dark. However when particular characters get involved like Tarkin, Vader, or (now) Seventh Sister and Fifth Brother the episodes do get quite a bit more mature with adult themes to them.

23. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Rebels is TV-Y7 , TCW was rated TV-PG .

Dinos4Ever likes this.
  24. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    Darker doesn't always mean better, anyways. I believe you don't need to be a child to enjoy Rebels.

I don't think it's that Rebels is really childish, I think it's just TCW was particularly edgy.

25. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Rebels is more mature than the childish episodes of TCW but less mature than the mature episodes of TCW. It's worth watching but don't expect stormtroopers to be any better than battle droids (since in rebs there are no mass battles really- good guys usually have zero losses- TCW at least had random clones dying in almost every episode).