main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How much $$$ are you bringing?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Grumpy_Jedi, Jul 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ROTS_fanatic

ROTS_fanatic Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2007
    About that food thing, the only thing I'm bringing is about 10 candy bars.

2. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    I agree....Indy would have been alot more economical for me and my family.

If you are staying at the Holiday Inn City Centre here is a tid bit of info. for ya....

If you are traveling with your family, guess what...KIDS EAT FREE...YIPPIE!!! The hotel also has reasonable prices for their meals. Dinner is $10 to $13, per plate, which believe it or not...is EXTREMELY resaonable for Los Angeles. Also, I believe the Holiday Inn offers a free breakfast as well, so these are some more money savings.

Just to give newcommers to the Convention an insight...Food at the Con is expensive. For a simple hamburger and fries, you are looking at $7.50 and $3.00 for a pop. I am unsure about breakfast, I never eat breakfast, so this I would have no idea of, but I hear packing energy bars is a good sense for breakfast.

Hope this helps!!!

3. ROTS_fanatic

ROTS_fanatic Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2007
    About 300 Canadian dollars plus plane ticket.

4. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    I agree about getting your own food and finding a kitchen to cook in... or if nothing else, buy cereal and milk and stuff so you won't have to pay for breakfast if you're not going to be able to eat at the hotel. Eating out is one of my least favorite things about being on vacation because it always costs so much more than I think it's going to.

5. glennfett

glennfett Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 17, 2002
    Coming from Australia and with airfares going for $2000 AUD
    Then there is hotel,food-which i plan on not doing too much of,pre orders-THANK GOD,and anything else i may have forgotten.It works out to be a pretty penny-prettier then some other ppls on various other boards whining ;) lol.17 days to GO!!!!!!

6. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Cash=Dealer Room/Store
    Credit Card=Food

Thats my plan.

7. glennfett

glennfett Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 17, 2002
    yer just on that-will the dealers have EFT?>or should i really take some cash-still after those elusive 2 POTF figures from the 80's ;)

8. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    If you have a debit card/ATM card, you should be able to use it -- especially if the card has the Star Network symbol, or was issued from Visa/Mastercard. Just don't bring your "Australia only" card -- might have a spot of trouble there.

Credit cards will do fine, of course :).

9. klingklang

klingklang Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 12, 1999
    That's going to be my gameplan as well. I just hope the majority of things at the convention accept credit cards.

Food-wise, I get the feeling I'm going to be making many trips up the 101 to In-N-Out so I can eat for less than $4 each time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.