main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How much do bounty hunter's charge?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Zahn_Matrix, Feb 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zahn_Matrix

Zahn_Matrix Jedi Youngling

Feb 9, 2002
    I'm writing a fanfic where an oc bounty hunter is hired to kill a rather non-descript alien. (Not a high threat level)

What do you think would be an adequate fee for such a thing? I want to try and keep the price proportionate to what one would expect from a universe based on a credit system.

Any insights?
    Thanks!

2. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000

It depends.

I think that the two bounties on Han?s head were around 200000 credits each from Vader and from Jabba, for a total of around 400000 credits, and those bounties were considered very high. The bounty on Luke?s head was never officially announced, but it was implied that whoever could bring Luke in alive would never have to worry about anything again in their life (of course, anyone who brought him in dead wouldn?t ever have to worry again either, though for a different reason).

The average person would probably have a bounty on their head of around 5000-10000 credits, which is easily enough to buy a half decent ship or a couple good speeders.

3. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    I don't want to be too nit-picky here, but there is a difference between bounty hunters and assassins.

By the very nature of their name, bounty hunters capture people and bring them back for a reward. Though I suppose there are instances where a bounty is offered on someone with the stipulation "dead or alive".

Now, I don't doubt that a bounty hunter might cross back and forth between hunter and assassin if the price is right, but it seems to me that there is enough of a difference that you might want to address that fact.

4. Zahn_Matrix

Zahn_Matrix Jedi Youngling

Feb 9, 2002
    Hmmm. Good point Herman. The character is primarily a bounty hunter, but he will accept assassination commissions if the need arises. (Haven't fully fleshed out the idea yet) This job in particular however is definately an assassination.

The target is pretty much the type of non-descript alien that you would most likely find in the Mos Eisley cantina.

I guess that might fall under Gandolf's 5,000 credit figure, eh?

5. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    I don't think it would matter MUCH in terms of human vs. alien, unless the alien was a very large, slow-moving species (Hutt? ;) )

In terms of price, it probably depends more on who wants him/her/it dead, why, and what resources they're willing to pay in exchange.

And it IS a good point; bounty hunters aren't necessarily assassins. I agree, there are probably quite a few who aren't too fussy on the "dead or alive" clause.

6. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    It?s generally easier to assassinate someone, because you only have to get yourself out of a tight situation. A sniper rifle, poison, a knife in the back, etc. You don?t have to worry about keeping the target alive.

Hutt?s, being immune to poison and nearly impossible to kill with blasters or small weapons, would cost extra.

(plotbunnies swirl in Gandolf's head)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.