main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How much do you like the Clone Wars cartoon?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Dagobah1234, Feb 24, 2003.

?

How much do you like the Clone Wars cartoon?

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
  1. Great Idea

69.7%
  2. It's Okay

16.4%
  3. Not interested

3.9%
  4. Pointless

9.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dagobah1234

Dagobah1234 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 28, 2002
  2. The_Anakin_Wannabe

The_Anakin_Wannabe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2003
    Is it even released yet?? I voted nonetheless

3. Dagobah1234

Dagobah1234 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Sorry, I meant Clone Wars cartoon idea. Opps. How do I edit it?

4. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Great idea. The shows could be longer, but oh well. Better than nothing. I'm all for it.

5. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Great idea, I absolutely cannot sum up how much I hate the animation, its style, the fact I think shorts is a bad idea, and if it's anything like Samurai Jack and its style it really is a wasted opportunity on a fantastic idea.

Most of what was done in terms of animatics for Episode 1 and 2 were cartoons. Look at some of the incredible animation that's available nowadays. It's stunning and lifelike. It takes your breath away.

To me, this style of animation for Clone Wars looks like an amateur did the work, it's quick and unimaginative, and feels just like the thousands of DragonBallZ-type animation. It takes an epic sequence such as the Clone Wars and makes it look like Speed Racer and Samurai Jack.

Bottom line, I'm grateful and will watch it hoping for the best. I'm usually extremely positive. This is one of my first major disappointments ever with anything related to Star Wars.

6. Exar_Xan

Exar_Xan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 29, 2001
    I voted for: It's Okay. Cause seeing more of Star Wars is great, but i am still sceptical about the voices and the duration of 2-3 minutes.

7. La_Capitan

La_Capitan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 22, 2003
    if it's anything like Samurai Jack and its style it really is a wasted opportunity on a fantastic idea.

I like samurai jack. Anyways, this cartoon shoud be pretty neat, but nothing spectacular. Cool idea though and I will be watching it.

8. Spike_Spiegel

Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2002
    [image=http://www.galactichunter.com/toy_images/clonewarsanism.jpg]

If this is it. . .I'm gonna murder some people. . .

With all the great animation styles out there. . .

9. Wise-Master

Wise-Master Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 11, 2002
    It's an okay idea. It will give us more info and background on the Clone Wars.... but.... I don't know.

10. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Could have been like Max Steel. Could have been like Hey, Arnold! or The Wild Thornberries. And if you ask me, the Samurai Jack style is actually pretty cool. I'm just glad it's hand drawn animation.

11. The_Anakin_Wannabe

The_Anakin_Wannabe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2003
    Oh, well, If its anything like the pic that was posted then its going to suck.

I too hate these types of animation and I cannot stand Manga.

12. Alabak

Alabak Jedi Padawan star 4

May 21, 2001
    I was hoping that the cartoon would be more like Animatrix.
    But i don't hate the Samurai Jack style, so i'm still pretty excited.

The main thing that bothers me is the whole 2-3 minutes thing. [face_plain]

13. Padme Bra

Padme Bra Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 2, 1999
    I agree with Sapient on this issue. I HATE that style of animation, at least for something like this. I think the same guy did the animation for the "Clerks" animated show. It was ok for that because it was a comedy but for something like Star Wars? If they didn't want to spring for CGI they could at least get a more realistic traditional animation style. But I'll still watch it.

14. kampilan

kampilan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    I love Samurai Jack. I'm sure ther are lots of other top-notch animation out there (I love Roughnecks as much as the next fan but CGI is too costly even for 2-3 minute, 20 episode shorts) Lucas is said to like the show as well and Genndy has his blessings so its all good... I voted "great idea" of course. ;)

15. Jedi_Learner

Jedi_Learner Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 10, 2002
    Can't say I'm terribly excited by the animation that will be used in the Cartoons, but I'll judge it when I see it.

16. JKBurtola

JKBurtola Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 4, 2003
    I think its a good idea and well I can't wait.

2 things make it exciting for me:
    1) Its more Star Wars!
    2) Clone Wars baby! Yeah!

;)

17. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    Lucas is said to like the show as well and Genndy has his blessings so its all good

Lucas also blessed off on the Holiday Special and Howard the Duck.

18. JKBurtola

Feb 4, 2003
    No offence to some of you who don't like this idea, but you're getting some more Star Wars so whats the problem?

Lucas can't do right from wrong anymore.
    If he had not bothered letting a Clone Wars cartoon be done you'd have complained, and as its seen now you're complaining that he is allowing it to happen.

You know I don't particular care what style the cartoon is done. As long as I get to see a cartoon that :
    a) is fun
    b) gives me some clone war action and stories
    c) shows some more of Ani and Obi's friendship.

I also wonder why Lucas ever bothered, apart from finishing what he started for his own sake. I'm dissapointed that some of you aren't more grateful. You give the title "Star Wars Fan" a bad name. :(

19. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    You really don't know me and that's okay. That's sort of a common rebuttal. I respect the man and have over 24,000 posts to prove it. But I can also objectively look at his work and not herald everything he does because he decides to slap the Star Wars label on it.

For what it's worth, all the films are good and bad and the OT isn't as perfect as we'd like to believe and TPM isn't as bad as many would have us believe. I give Lucas a good name because I outwardly further his franchise everyday by posting and speculating on his film. But that doesn't mean he is a God and beyond criticism. :)

20. JKBurtola

Feb 4, 2003
    Ah my bad DarthSapient.
    You are entitled to your opinion and I shouldn't criticise you for it.

I'm just a litle discouraged by some of the fans attitude to this if you know what i mean.

21. Jedi_Learner

Jul 10, 2002
    I just don't like the Animation and that Dark Jedi JKBurtola. That doesn't make me a bad person, does it?

22. JKBurtola

Feb 4, 2003
    OK just ignore my post ok , I'm an idiot :(

Jedi_Learner of course it doesn't make you a bad person.

Hmmmm I'll shut my big gob in future, after all I am just a newb who knows nothing

23. Jedi_Learner

Jul 10, 2002
    JKBurtola, I don't want you to shut up, and I'm sure DarthSapient doesn't want you to either. Doesn't matter if your an Oldbie or a Newbie, everyone's opinion is welcome. :)

24. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    That's right. Notice my smiley face after I posted it. What I wanted to get across was that not liking something related to Star Wars, even to the point of actually hating it, has no bearing on me being a huge fan. My God, I love Star Wars and cherish that he's attempting to give us extra about the Clone Wars. But the style and format he chose, I cannot agree with. Always counter and challenge me or anyone if that is the way you feel. Just do it responsibly and respectfully and expect the same from me. :)

25. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    I'm a Genndy Tartakovsky fan and a Star Wars fan. Still, I'll wait until I actually see the cartoons before passing judgement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.