How much do you like the Clone Wars cartoon?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by Dagobah1234, Feb 24, 2003.

?

How much do you like the Clone Wars cartoon?

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
Great Idea 106 vote(s) 69.7%
It's Okay 25 vote(s) 16.4%
Not interested 6 vote(s) 3.9%
Pointless 15 vote(s) 9.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kizakh Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'm looking forward to it, most definitely!
  2. mrmoto Jedi Padawan

The idea is not only brilliant but harkens back to the serials that Lucas loved so much as a kid. Back in the day, stories like Flash Gordon, were told in short weekly installments. And any one who knows anything about animation knows that the "Samurai Jack" style is not MANGA, not even close. The style they are going for in Clone Wars is classic and yet has an edge to it. Samurai Jack is a really well done cartoon, it is very smart and uses sound and silence in a beautifully crafted way. I am looking forward to it. Those out there that condemn such things really don't care about Star Wars and should go find something else to complain about. It makes me wonder why they don't create their own stories so that we can all see how wonderful they are at story telling. Bravo to Lucas for doing what he wants with his vision.
  3. Cellz Jedi Knight

star 1
    While I personally can't wait for Clone Wars, I can certainly understand some people not being so excited about it. The art style is a little iffy, and I can imagine that anyone who doesn't like anime wouldn't care much for it.
  4. Eeth-my-Koth Chosen One

star 9
    As excited as I am, I feel discouraged already. Like the non-canon Star Wars Novels and short stories[eg. Tales from Jabba's Palace], I am afraid the first image of the two saber wielding Sith has turned me off. Whatever happened to the rule of two?

Blasphemy I tell you!
  5. DarthSapient Jedi Youngling

star 10
    So if we don't like something Lucas does, no matter how many solid years of appreciation for his work, we are not fans and should go somewhere else. Got it. :)
  6. rumsmuggler Chosen One

star 7
    I like the Samurai Jack animation style. Should be interesting to see...
  7. mrmoto Jedi Padawan

To Darth Sapient,
    I see your responses all over this site and they are usually negative, all I'm saying is stop judging so much, just enjoy what is given to you or write your own story and let that be the end of it. I'm so sick of non-productive discussion here on the forums. We should be discussing the possibilites rather than pan things before they even come out. Loyalty is just that, loyalty. I have been since the beginning and I am along for what ever Lucas wants to do. ITS HIS STORY!! So, yes, I do think you should move on if you can't say anything good, or productive.
  8. YodaJeff Manager Emeritus

star 7
    I've seen a lot of good and productive comments out of Sapient since I first came here.

Everyone's allowed to have an opinion on the Clone Wars cartoon, as long as they are respectful to others and their opinions.
  9. MACEMASTER Jedi Padawan

Although I like Samurai jack I think this is the wrong style for clone wars, The Spawn animation cartoon style on HBO would be much better, and since they're only 2 to 3 minutes they could put more time into it.
  10. rodan70 FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 4
    I just hope they make the episodes longer. If you think about it, after the intro end credits you will see about 30 seconds of action.
  11. Jedi_Learner Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    ". Those out there that condemn such things really don't care about Star Wars and should go find something else to complain about. It makes me wonder why they don't create their own stories so that we can all see how wonderful they are at story telling. Bravo to Lucas for doing what he wants with his vision."

Well I love the Prequels so far. This is the only thing that I feel negative towards, although I will wait until I see one of the episodes before passing judgement. I care about Star Wars and feel somewhat insulted by your comments.
  12. Darth_Zoo Jedi Master

star 4
    I personally do not enjoy the show Samurai Jack itself, but it's artistic animantion is undeniable. The look and edge of Clone Wars will be hip and modern.

In reality there is not any decision that could be made that would please ever SW fan as there are too many with all kinds of opinions. This is personally a style I think is superior to anime, cgi, etc.
  13. DarthHutt Force Ghost

star 5
    I love the idea of have more of anything Star Wars, especially something with moving pictures.
    I just wish (as many others do) that they were longer than 2-3 minutes.
    I'm hoping that if they get enough of a positive response, they will make some of the later episodes longer.
  14. weezer Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I agree with zoo I'm not a big fan of samuari jack but over all I'm pleased with the style. I prefer bold black lines around the character like in Clerks (which BTW PB had nothing to do with Tartakovsky) to Jack's total lack of outside lines which I find too distracting sometimes.

I would be intrested to hear from those that DON'T like the style what they have in mind ?[face_plain]
  15. DARTH-LUCCHESI Jedi Padawan

i like the idea of a star wars cartoon short such as i saw in the classic x-mas special....but the way they will aniamate the clone wars is well.......too cartoony granted it will show stories that won't be in e-3 due to time constraints....but may be alluded to somewhere in either a novel or maybe a comic book. also the fact that in a cartoon things can be shown that cgi can not do as of yet. i will keep an open mind and will watch this with great interest.
  16. Punisher Jedi Master

star 4
    As someone that doesn't have cable or a satellite, so NO access to Cartoon Network... this cartoon makes little difference to me.

I have never seen Samurai Jack, but I don't care for "modern, hip" animation.
    The last "edgy" cartoon I liked was Batman: the Animated Series.

So to me, this is an exercise in futility.
    I see it as...
    A way to excite fans and get some kids back into SW, sell a DVD with the "episodes" on it, sell some toys and further fill the SW universe with "gimmicks".

It's "Shadows of the Empire" for the PT, that's all. A promotional tool and a way to make some money. Oh, a way to "bridge the gap" between films. ;)

I'm glad people are excited and are looking forward to it, but I won't make it more than what it is.

That said, I've offered my opinion. :)

NEXT!
  17. DarthSapient Jedi Youngling

star 10
    I'd also like to know how we can vote in a poll when all we've seen of the cartoon is one pic from the OS and two or three paragraphs.
  18. weezer Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    It's "Shadows of the Empire" for the PT, that's all. A promotional tool and a way to make some money. Oh, a way to "bridge the gap" between films.

Oh yeah I definatly agree. I've heard people say that its going to get canceled and not do well...which doesn't really matter because all they are is commercials.
  19. Lord_Volz Jedi Knight

star 2
    It sounds okay. Too short and the animation is kind of cheesy...
  20. Forcebewitya Jedi Master

star 4
    "Great idea, I absolutely cannot sum up how much I hate the animation, its style"

alright being an artist myself i definitly dont prefer the style of art they chose oh and its not anime just had to add that. i think doing it anime style would be sweet and i think it would also work for the gritty war stuff they want to portray. one thing im just glad its not like Zelda the windwaker thats coming out for gamecube that is the epitomy of crappy animation but i wont go into that becuase this isnt a zelda discussion so i think the cartoons could be better but either way its more star wars and it will make the long wait for ep3 shorter.

Forcebewitya!
  21. BobaFrank Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Sorry, I haven't been on the boards in a long time. I'm totally hyped about this new Clone War Animated Series but can't find any info on it. Can someone tell me times, days, and description.

BTW, Rodan70, That is the coolest icon I've ever seen.
  22. SITHREES Jedi Padawan

Having been a fan of the animated cut scenes in a lot of the Star Wars video games, I've always thought that an animated series would be great. However I have to admit I'm a little sceptical about the animation. I was hoping for something a little bit more CGI. Hopefully they won't skimp on the sound effects either. Lets hope they get them right. I was disappointed that they were only 2-3 minutes long too. Whats with that? Maybe if they're a success they'll make longer episodes. I was also hoping that the series would cover stories with the classic characters - but it looks like its going to be Episode 2.5 - not much scope for anything else. Having said all that, I can't wait for it to air. I'll tape every one! We do need something like this to keep us happy till Episode 3, and this is a good starting point. What would have been more interesting is to have an animated series done in the same way as the Star Wars Tales comic books. Give 20 different production companies a different story/theme and see what they come up with. Its ambitious, but I love to see different artists takes on the Star Wars universe, and to see all our favourite characters from all 5 films portrayed in different artistic styles would be terrific. Roll on CLONE WARS - but please get it right!!
  23. Eliezar Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well, I LOVE Star Wars and I LOVE Samurai Jack... so it's needless to say that I am thrilled. :)

I only wish the toons were longer, but I suppose by the end it will be about an hour in all. I can handle that.

Hopefully, they will continue the story in second season.

Also, I hope it is done in the Samurai Jack style. It has a classic feel, while being very 'hip' at the same time.
  24. New_Hope Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I like the idea, each episode being not too long, just tiny segments, keeping me occupied while waiting for Ep. III. :)
  25. DarthSapient Jedi Youngling

star 10
    I just feel like they're not confident enough in the success of the cartoon and whether or not it can generate a large enough audience to justify half hour cartoons.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.