main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How much do you like the Clone Wars cartoon?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Dagobah1234, Feb 24, 2003.

?

How much do you like the Clone Wars cartoon?

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
  1. Great Idea

69.7%
  2. It's Okay

16.4%
  3. Not interested

3.9%
  4. Pointless

9.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    I really don't think thats the case at all DS.

If you want to take the "optimist" view you can equate them to the serials that GL loves so much. Short little storys with clifhangers.

I think the real reason is that they are basicaly just comercals. Some thing that LFL said lets give Cartoon Network X amount of money and have them build some hype for us. 30 min cartoons would A) take more money to finace and 2) take longer to produce.

This way Gendy and friends can keep doing their current jobs and take a few months off here or there to do the CW cartoon. Instead of working years in advance.

2. FredQuimby

FredQuimby Jedi Youngling

Jul 5, 2003
    I would love to see it!

3. jedi_knight22

jedi_knight22 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2002
    I think that it is a good idea minus the fact that it is in 2-3 minute intevals. The art I kinda like. Does anyone know exactly when it is set to come out?

4. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    The first "season" starts in November.

5. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    I hope they can be connected to form one long episode.

6. kampilan

kampilan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    Just saw the new images from rebelscum.com's SDCC Dark Horse display photos...its gonna rock!

I finally got my newstand copy of Insider too :)

7. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Like the Idea. (Just look at my webpage below)

8. Chickadee

Chickadee Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 11, 2003
    I voted "it's okay". I've seen sketches and two short viceo clips of Clone Wars, and I don't think the animation is that bad. I'm quite surprised to see how many people hate the animation of CW.

The shortness of the series is annoying, but to me the animation looks good. Let's just hope the plot's good; that's perhaps the most important thing.

9. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    Which 2 short video clips?

10. Blizzardman15

Blizzardman15 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 6, 2002
    Is this thing gonna be in 30 min. episodes or is it going to be one long movie type thing.

Anyways, I think it is an okay idea. I don't like the idea of the Clone Wars not being in the movie but at least we get to see it at all.

But I don't like the Samurai Jack type of drawing. It just doesn't look fantastic.

11. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    They're 2-3 minute shorts that can be joined together to make 2 30-mins eps (we think).

12. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    After seeing the full teaser, i like it a lot more.

13. Chickadee

Chickadee Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 11, 2003
    "Which 2 short video clips?"

I saw the first one in Finncon. After that I saw this teaser. The clip that was seen in the con was longer, contained different video material and it wasn't very 'teaser-like'.

14. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    I wish that that one was online

15. CreatureX

CreatureX Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2000
    Since this is coming from the creators of Samurai Jack, I have high hopes.

If this turns out half as good as Samurai Jack, it will rock!

16. Drath

Drath Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 1998
    I just feel like they're not confident enough in the success of the cartoon and whether or not it can generate a large enough audience to justify half hour cartoons.

This is something I've been wondering about since the animated shorts were announced. Three minutes?! Do they not think people will watch a longer show? Is it a lack of confidence in the medium of animation or in the interest of the fans after AOTC made the least money of any Star Wars movie?

Well, I have to admit, I am not a big fan of Samurai Jack. It's great design work but not what I look for in animation (sadly what I look for is rarely to be found, especially now that 2D and dramatic animated adventure fantasy are on the dead as the do do according to the media swine). And I am not a big fan of the prequel trilogy thus far either. But I am very interested in this series nevertheless. And I'll bet there are a lot of others like me who want to see what someone other than Lucas can do in the Star Wars sandbox.

That said, the only animated series we've had in SW, other than in the holiday special, is the often lamented Droids and Ewoks cartoons (hey, I loved them at the time, especially the Ewok episode with the Emperor's shuttle cameo). For a long time I've wished that they'd let a grade A animation team like the ones behind Batman or Gargoyles or X-Men Evolution tackle a thirteen episode version of "Shadows of the Empire," or the Timothy Zahn trilogy (one book=one season, it'd be perfect anti-pokemon Saturday morning programming). But I guess I can see the wisdom in the approach they're taking too. If Clone Wars is a failure, they can forget it ever happened very easily, but if it's a hit they may do a real series down the line. At least Lucas's giving them three minutes instead of the planned one minute length is a sign that he had faith in the animators. I hope so anyway.

17. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    The cartoon are now 5 minutes, as advertised.

18. Mrs_Sanada

Mrs_Sanada Jedi Youngling

Oct 16, 2003
    YES! cool now they r goin to be 5 min? that rocks i cant wait
    hey DarthSapient if u dont like the artwork then y r u sporting an icon from the series? just wondering hehe
    And man AMEN to mrmoto:
    'Samurai Jack is a really well done cartoon, it is very smart and uses sound and silence in a beautifully crafted way.'

this is perfect 4 what GL wants hell he only asked for a minute series i think we would be lucky if we get 3 mins or anything 4 that matter 4 real
    The artwork is clean simple and will fit perfectly 4 the time restraints if it was more complex artwork it wouldn't have worked.

But personally I love jack and I love this already be4 I have even seen it and I just hope we see more after ep3 comes out!
    its going to be terrific!!!!

thx Mrs. S

"You must be exhausted Anakin. Go back to sleep, our wedding night can wait."

"Are you kidding? I wouldn't miss this night for the universe." -Anakin and Padme from my story. ;)

19. Latorski

Latorski Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    up, now that it's airing

20. homeless_jedi

homeless_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 16, 2002
    its pointless they should have put all of that in the movie..instead of skippin it.

21. Mertroid

Mertroid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 29, 2002
    5 minutes now, huh, good :D
    It went from 3-5 minutes. Maybe in spring 2004 the shows will be 30 minutes long. It depends if it's going to get high ratings. It seems to be. :D

22. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    The shows in March will not be 30 mins long as they have been mostly animated.

23. Sith_Messenger

Sith_Messenger Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2002
    You have good or bad comments on the first half of the Clone Wars Micro-Series? If so, give us your reviews and we will mention them on our upcoming radio show. Follow this thread for more details.
    Thanks! :)

24. DarthShona

DarthShona Jedi Master star 5

Jul 29, 2003
    I think the series is a great idea. Nice to see some of the EU finally brought to "life."

25. Mertroid

Mertroid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 29, 2002
    True, it's neat to see SW outside the movies and bringing the EU to life as many have said :D
    Just looking forward to season 2 now :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.