main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How much does George really know?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by MOC Vober Dand, May 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zombie

zombie Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 1999
    Yeah, thats pretty embarrassing. If this is an indication of the actor-director relationship, which it clearly is, it goes a long way to explaining the totally lost, "I'm reading these lines on the page but I don't really know what this is supposed to be" performances in that film. People don't correct Lucas because at first they wonder what he's actually talking about, then they realise he doesn't know who he's even talking to, then its really awkward and very uncomfortable to speak up and point this out so they keep quiet at first, then they think maybe he'll realise it on his own, but then after a bit they realise no he won't ever realise on his own, but by then over five minutes has gone by and it would be too humiliating to point out your boss is an idiot in front of a giant crowd of fans and media come to pay him respect so everyone keeps quite even though everyone knows. You know stuff like this happens all the time with twit bosses and clueless movie moguls, its just sad to see Lucas share so much in common with them. Although if I was Jay, I would have spoken up because thats kind of personally insulting and its not like Jay is really on the Lucasfilm pay roll anyway, he has no reason to protect Lucas' pride when his own is being hurt, but I guess Jay must be a pretty gracefull fellow.

2. drg4

drg4 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Did his tone and disposition indicate nervousness? I have acute social anxiety, and have made an absolute fool of myself when speaking before a crowd.

3. the_immolated_one

the_immolated_one Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 24, 2006
    He's not a director. That's why he only directed 6 movies when he could have directed four times as many.
    And I think he only directed the PT because he really has a passion for "Star Wars".
    I think he had more of a passion for the PT than he did for the OT.
    He only directed his first three movies because he really had no choice.
    These movies were never about stellar acting performances. These were always just kid movies.

Lucas probably knew Captain Typho for four or five days. Seriously, how many scenes is Captain Typho in?
    He's in four or five spread out over 2 movies. He's in one scene in "ROTS". Are there any deleted scenes with him?

He's in three scenes in "AOTC". He may be in four scenes but I don't feel like seeing if he ran into Padme's bedroom when the giant bugs where going to kill her.

Captain Typho was in 3 or maybe 4 scenes that George Lucas directed three to five years before Celebration III took place. Then Captain Typho is in 1 scene that George Lucas directed a year before Celebration III. So how long do you think it took to film these scenes with Captain Typho? I say probably 20 hours, maybe 30 and most of that was focused on Padme, Obi, and Anakin. So G.L. is supposed to remember this guy from working with him 3 or 4 years ago for about 20 or 30 hours on a movie that isn't about acting performances.

Maybe George should have known who the man was sitting next to him but like was mentioned earlier. Those two guy look very much alike. Captain Typho should have felt good about himself because George Lucas was accusing him of looking like a man who was over ten years his junior.

Remember how proud ILM was of their completely digital helmetless clones that featured a unique head design that was a digital blend between Taylor and Morrison's features. Lucas was just caught up in the glory of ILM.

4. Go-Mer-Tonic

Go-Mer-Tonic Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 22, 1999
    Sometimes I forget who I am. It's no biggie.

5. Dark--Helmet

Dark--Helmet Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 22, 2003
    I'd say he knows the broad story(like NZPoe said"story and where his characters are going and how they get there" with alot of these overly pretentious ideas being fans over analyzing.

6. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    It also depends on your view of art given that one could think he's completely honest about his intent but also think that the artist's intent isn't the only valid interpretation of art.

7. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    ^ ^ ^

Yes, and the fact that even when we think we're being honest, the passing of significant periods of time can sometimes cloud our retrospective vision.

8. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    It can. I have thought of that possibility.

9. morpha2

morpha2 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2005
    This is a very astute observation.

10. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2007
    Yeah. Lucas knows the core Info of the characters and situations, but as for things such as What kind of lightsaber crystal Anakin has in his lightsaber, or what clan Shaak-Ti belonged to, he probably could care less.

11. LordHibbidyhai

LordHibbidyhai Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2007

12. Jedi_Master_Cazz

Jedi_Master_Cazz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 13, 2005
    I think the best example of George's knowledge was on the set of Ep. III.

When asked how Anakin got the scar above his right eye, George quite confidently said, "Actually I don't really know. I think he got it falling over in the bath tub, but you'll have to ask him that.":p[face_laugh] To this, apparently, Hayden burst out laughing and definitely nodded.

13. Glymphid_Warlord

Glymphid_Warlord Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 10, 2008
    LOL [face_laugh]

14. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    LOL! That's awesome. Did EU ever cover the reason for the scar?

15. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    Yep. The EU has said he got the scar in a duel with Asajj Ventress on Coruscant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.