How much is our Real World Turning into a Star Wars Galactic Empire?

Discussion in 'Ft. Lauderdale, FL' started by AxtonTredway, Oct 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AxtonTredway Jedi Youngling

star 2
    A Freedom Test: The other day I saw a scene on TV where a woman packed a picnic lunch for she and her boyfriend/husband ( which included a bottle of Bordeaux wine and wine glasses-She was drinking age and all). She took it to a park outside The Eiffel Tower and proceded to consume it-glass of wine and all...Reminder: It didn't look like she had any intention of "getting sloshed"-just having a romantic accompanyment to her food......How many parks in the U.S. would a simple "romantic picnic in the park" be tolerated without either (1) harassment from the police (2) a ticket for breaking a municiple ordinance against alcohol in a public park. (3) Outright arrest? Remember I'm just using a simple illustration of how subtle our tolerance to the rescinding of simple freedoms add up to diminish our quality of life in the U.S. as a whole. Remember, This isn't a pro-liquor lobby ad about access to alcohol per se...It's about a simple representation of freedom that we, as Americans can no longer enjoy. We are NOT as free as we think we are in the U.S.A.-Not like we were in the past, anyway...

-Axton Tredway
  2. Sinlock_Shad-dow Jedi Youngling

star 1
    The dates/or events are out of order, But here things that happend in NAZI Germany

2nd August, 1934
    Paul von Hindenburg dies and Adolf Hitler becomes president as well as chancellor.
    i.e.
    Chancellor Valorum is "killed" (politicly) Palpatine takes over the goverment and senate.

November, 1936
    Adolf Hitler and Benito Mussolini agree to form a military alliance. Germany and Japan sign an anti-Comintern pact.
    i.e.
    Sidious/Dooko form the alliance with Trade Federation, Techno Union, Banking Clans, and others.

4th February, 1938
    Adolf Hitler replaces Werner von Blomberg as commander of the German Army. This is were Hitler is given War Powers by the Reichstag (German senate)
    i.e.
    Palpatine is given Emergency Powers by the Senate to create a "Grand Army of the Republic"

12th August, 1938
    Adolf Hitler orders the mobilization of the German Army.
    i.e.
    Palpitine recives his new army from Kamino.

There a lot of other things in history that repeat themselves time and time again. And this was not the first or last time it will happen.
    There were also the Spartens, Rome, Goths, Huns, the Catholic Church, Great Britain, NAZI germany, and some say America...

But that is a story yet to be told.

3. AxtonTredway Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Excellent historical observation, Sinlock, but one only needs to get up in the morning and go to work to see the seeds of Totalitarianism taking root...
    The "undercurrent of sentiment" that I most intensely perceive in many threads on the JC Community is not so much "anti-American" as it is anti-pseudo-American government. Indeed, there are some political pundits that make a plausible case for the notion that we enjoyed more "freedom" under British Crown rule in 1776 than that which we enjoy now. We've completeley undermined our own Constitution by adopting an Amendment that instituted the most militant and oppressive revenue collection regime-the likes of which the world has never seen before!
  4. Sinlock_Shad-dow Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I think I'll change my vote on my poll to.

"Anything but Politics topics"
  5. AxtonTredway Jedi Youngling

star 2
    What I'm saying is that The America that boasts about being "American" today is a shadow of the form it once was... back before The 16th Amendment that enslaved us all... and back when we adhered to The Monroe Doctrine that kept us out of everybody else's business! And I refer more the war waging against our own citizens everyday- the The promise of freedom becoming more sterile conjecture. Lady Liberty comes with a blindfold and whip these days! The current American Government is a pseudo-version of its original vision...that's all. As far as foreign policy evolves here.....
    With every change of Executive Administration comes with it change in particular foreign policy (and Secretary of State!)...Hence, you end up making and breaking deals every 4 years, thereby ticking people off all over the globe. Bin Ladden was a protected ally during the Carter administration for Heaven's sake!(Didn't Carter just get The Nobel Peace Prize?)
    Doesn't anyone find it a tad ironic that the guy who originally sent the "Welcome Wagon" to Bin Ladden just received one of the World's highest honors?!!! Anyway, it's reminiscent of Palpatine getting the Chancellorship!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.