main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How much money does the republic generate in a standard year???

Discussion in 'Archive: South Africa' started by ZIG, May 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZIG

ZIG Jedi Youngling star 1

May 4, 2004
    Considering the enormous cost of creating clones, the cost of armour,food,weaponry,ammunition,training, etc etc, oh and running/overseeing the general *GALAXY*. What could be an accurate speculation of their annual income? And are jedi taxed? how much do they earn? Bounty Hunters seem to become quite wealthy...

2. OnlyOneKenobi

OnlyOneKenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2002
    Obviously the income of an intergalactic Republic is impossible to determine since we don't know its workings or even how many planets are a part of it.

I don't think the Jedi earn money at all - they are probably given a room and food at the Jedi temple. They're not supposed to have any posessions, remember?

3. ZIG

May 4, 2004
    I'm sure the republic funds the jedi etc, and obviously jedi get paid: Qui-Gonn in TPM, said he had 20 000 Republic credits etc. So jedi do have money and some possesions, what about their lightsabers??? I know they build them, but they are possessions.

Anyway, I digress. Considering the seemingly infinite number of star systems in the SW galaxy, the Republic would probably earn such an insane amount of money we cannot even comprehend it, therefore funding clones, warships, fuel, armies, general management of the Galaxy, you know - the usual.

4. OnlyOneKenobi

Jul 19, 2002
    Well that doesn't mean those 20 000 credits were his, they could have been the Queen's. Remember when he calls Obi-Wan and asks whether there's anything to bargain with on board the ship - Obi-Wan talks about the Queen's wardrobe as a possibility - they were willing to use the collective inventory of everyone on board the ship. I doubt those credits were from Qui-Gon's own pocket.

5. ZIG

May 4, 2004
    Well, how did Obi-Wan get a drink in the club on Coruscant or another at Dex's diner?

Ok, the one at Dex's (Jawa juice) was probably on the house, but, it is likely that is isnt always on the house.

Do monks or martial-art students get free coffee at the Mugg and Bean (or insert misc coffee shop here)???

6. OnlyOneKenobi

Jul 19, 2002
    Good point, but maybe he was drinking the Star Wars equavalent of water, which is usually free - he never said he was going for an alcoholic drink.

Maybe the Jedi are given money for their expenses by the Senate, whenever they go on a mission - that still doesn't mean they earn a salary.

7. ZIG

May 4, 2004
    Hmmm, I don't think he was having a shot of water. It looked like a blue shooter of some kind. I reckon old Obi-Wan doesn't mind the odd drink every now and then. I reckon they do earn salaries, so they can eat, and drink, what they like. I doubt jedi's are prohibited from drinking jawa juice.

Remember that Jedi's do perform a job as well, kind of like police officers and mediators, even bodygaurds and soldiers (reluctantly), so they should get paid. Cops do. Maybe Jawa juice is to jedi what donuts are to cops???

8. OnlyOneKenobi

Jul 19, 2002
    Yeah but Jedi are more like Monks than police. Having money is having possessions.

And yeah, Obi-Wan's drink was blue - but that doesn't mean that it was alcoholic. We don't know what it is that he drinks, could be something which - like water is in most restaurants on Earth is complimentary.

As for the Jawa juice, Obi-Wan was on a mission and probably had an account for expenses. The same goes for Anakin who most likely had to pay for the transport from Coruscant to Naboo.

9. ZIG

May 4, 2004
    Hmm. So maybe they get an allowance or something, because, otherwise ol' Mace would get a bit pissed off having to approve Obi-Wan's jawa juice or *alcoholic* beverages the whole time.

But then they still kind of earn a salary, which is probably part of the money allocated to the jedi order by the republic.

See, the thing is, I got the impression that Ob1 was in Dex's Diner often. Now he's not always on a mission (pre AOTC). So surely he paid for a few jawa juices. Maybe also on his days off (weekends).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.