main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How much money should I bring?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by --Skywalker--, Oct 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. --Skywalker--

--Skywalker-- Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 2004
    I know it was answered in FAQ, but why $800?!
    I thought everything there was cheap!

2. -_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 28, 2002
    If by cheap you mean expensive, then yes.

I am bringing $1200-1500, which will include travel and lodging costs.

3. --Skywalker--

Oct 3, 2004
    If you don't include travel and lodging costs, how much?

4. zuckuss1138

zuckuss1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2001
  5. -_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 28, 2002
    I am going to bring $600-700 for spending, etc.

6. -Doctor_Evil-

-Doctor_Evil- Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2004
    Well if you don't include travel & lodging (the 2 biggest variables in the equation), why can't you figure it out for yourself? 4 day ticket costs $95, the rest is up to you.

There is at least one other thread here that goes over this whole topic. Only you know what you want to do/buy.

Doc

7. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    Well, as my room'll be $600 for the four nights and the $200 for 2 4-day passes, and my total budget is $1500, that should leave me with about $700 for food and purchases. I must admit that I wonder if my budget isn't too small...

8. TK--421

TK--421 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 30, 2002
    http://boards.theforce.net/FanForce_Celebration_III/b10611/16272126/?17

9. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    Hmmmmm.......I'm hoping $400 will be sufficient. I'd like to bring more but I may not have necc more. The $400 is after ALL neccesities costs are paid for, lodging, travel, tickets.

10. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    Credit Card, Check, ATM cards...(and maybe $50 in cash) Accepted Everywhere, I gurantee you!!!

11. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    If you don't include travel and lodging costs, how much?

If you are not counting hotel costs, travel costs, and admission tickets ($35 per day or $95 for entire con) then you can spend as little or as much as you want. The only other necessity will be food. The cost of food in the convention center is quite high but there are lots of fast food places in the surrounding area. You could budget as little as $10 per day for food. Most people budgeting large sums of money are including travel, hotel, and lots of money to spend on merchandise from vendors and in the convention store. I don't remember exactly what things cost at C2 but think the program was $10, figure was $10, t-shirt $20 or $25, poster $10 or $12, and concert $12. Those were the only things I purchased while at C2. I paid all the expenses including food but gave my then 15 year old son about $40 per day to spend on stuff in the vendor area.

There is still time to save an adequate amount of spending money between now and April even if it means getting a part time job.

Credit Card, Check, ATM cards...(and maybe $50 in cash) Accepted Everywhere, I gurantee you!!!

A word of warning?.I believe the ATM machines in the convention center ran out of money at one point. I don't remember what people did, probably went out hunting down machines in the mall.

12. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I've already paid for my room, now I just need beer money.

13. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    To paraphrase a certain movie:

"A lot"
    "I don't know kid, I can imagine quite a bit"
    "You'll spend it, and more!"
    "I better"
    "You will!"

14. --Skywalker--

Oct 3, 2004
    If you are not counting hotel costs, travel costs, and admission tickets ($35 per day or $95 for entire con) then you can spend as little or as much as you want. The only other necessity will be food. The cost of food in the convention center is quite high but there are lots of fast food places in the surrounding area. You could budget as little as $10 per day for food. Most people budgeting large sums of money are including travel, hotel, and lots of money to spend on merchandise from vendors and in the convention store. I don't remember exactly what things cost at C2 but think the program was $10, figure was $10, t-shirt $20 or $25, poster $10 or $12, and concert $12. Those were the only things I purchased while at C2. I paid all the expenses including food but gave my then 15 year old son about $40 per day to spend on stuff in the vendor area.

There is still time to save an adequate amount of spending money between now and April even if it means getting a part time job.

wow man, thanks.
    I was just gonna bring $220 for spending!
    anyways, how much are autographs?

15. Maulfly

Maulfly Moderator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    When traveling, always bring at least enough to get you back home again if you lose your tickets or something happens, to reasonably feed you during your time away, and any extra that might be needed for things you KNOW you're going to be wanting to get and/or transportation. ;)

16. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    My room is pre paid (the only advantage to having crappy credit!! The Debit Visa!!) Of COurse it'll be ditto with Airfare. I'm buying my tranfer from home to Seattle this week (prepay and reserve- I can always change it when I actually get my flight) and putting aside the money for the Pet sitter. THEN I'll start saving blow money!

17. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    --Skywalker--, the autographs are, I think, $15 a piece, or ... several for some discount price, I believe...

I can't recall exactly...

18. r2fu2

r2fu2 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2004
    $15 dollars for 1, $120 dollars for 10, atleast thats the way it was at C2

19. --Skywalker--

Oct 3, 2004
    the autographs are, I think, $15 a piece, or ... several for some discount price, I believe...

Nice, Mostly, I just want Mark Hamill's Hayden Christenson's, Billy Dee Williams, Anthony Daniels, Kenny Baker, Peter Mayhew, Temuerra Morrison, and Jeremy Bulloch. Oops, that's ALOT!!

At least, Mark Hamill's and Billy Dee Williams. Luke and Lando are the best!

20. DarthShona

DarthShona Jedi Master star 5

Jul 29, 2003
    Yeah I'm still a bit uncertain about autographs. I know there's some kind of coupon you have to buy to get into the autograph area, but what if you meet a celeb outside that area? Can you just get them to sign a piece of paper or something, or do you have to give them fifteen bucks for that too?

21. zuckuss1138

zuckuss1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2001
    some will sign for free outside the area, some wont. at CII i had paul blake (greedo) sign a bunch of stuff, then he gave me some old 8x10 greedo photos that he signed for me. he and my dad were like best friends that weekend though. then michonne signed one of the holocron cubes for me cause i gave her one with aurra on it. that was cool. other then that i didnt chase down actors that i saw in the crowd, im sure they wanted a break after hours and hours of signing.

22. DarthShona

Jul 29, 2003
    Yeah I could certainly understand that. I'd get bored too signing my name over and over and over and over again like that lol.

23. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    Hey if I got $15 each time I signed my name I would do it all day.

I was in line for Carrie Fisher for 5 hrs at CII and by the time I got to her she was not a happy camper. I would like to say that that was a wasted day.

As for how much will I bring. My goal is $1500. The first $500 is to "live on". The other $1000 is for toys and what not. I would like to plug some holes in my collection.

24. DarthShona

Jul 29, 2003
    Hey if I got $15 each time I signed my name I would do it all day.

[face_laugh]!!! True!

25. SkottASkywalker

SkottASkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    How much money should I bring?

All of it. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.