main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

how much money should i bring

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Psxjedi76, Feb 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psxjedi76

Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep star 4 VIP

Apr 2, 2002
    Hello Everyone this is a question most people have been wondering how much cash should 1 bring to this i personally and bringing about 1500 for fun and to get some exclusive stuff. was wondering should i bring more will be there for all 4 days

2. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    That should be more than enough. When I went to Celebration II I only had $100 on me, and most of that went into gas for my rental car. In fact, I ran out of money fast and had to rely on some close friends to buy me something to eat the last day or two. (I should say that the whole trip cost me $750 for CII - Hotel, Airfare, rental car, tickets, but all that was paid in advance). This time I'm already spending over $1,600 and that doesn't even include a rental car. Of course last time I stayed in a $50 a night hotel about 15 minutes drive time away, and this time I'm staying across the street.

This time I'm bringing substantially more so I can be sure to be able to purchase anything that catches my fancy.

3. Psxjedi76

Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep star 4 VIP

Apr 2, 2002
    cool already got everything paid for such as tickets hotel and other etc.. so 1500 should be more than enough for fun then good.

4. Tony-WanKenobiNC

Tony-WanKenobiNC Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2005
    As long as they're not republic credits, you're str8.

You'll be able to eat well, buy mutliple autographs from all SW celebrities, buy all four Vader figs, and just about any other souvenir/collectible you want. Heck, add another $500 down and Han will attempt to take you to Alderaan. [face_clown]

Honestly, outside of tickets, eating, hotel, and what it costs to drive up, I doubt I'll spend half that while I'm there but hey if the need arises there's always plastic in my wallet or I can visit aunt-m (ATM) nearby.

5. Darth_Larsen

Darth_Larsen Jedi Master star 1

Sep 23, 2004
    http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=14999961&replies=0

read the FAQ.. will help u alot.

6. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Last time, as with this time... I am only driving 50 miles and I took $1100 with me ans spent every dime. 1080.00 of it went to toys and autograph's and the rest went to lunch for 2 days. This time unfortunately ,I'm only able to take about $600 with me,But I am not going to buy so much toy's ( vintage anyways).

Repeating to my self..I will not buy to much vintage...I will not buy to much vintage...............

7. buzz57

buzz57 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2002
    I would bring 1000 to 1200, that would cover everything.

8. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    I'm budgeting $1500 for the trip, about the same I spent on C2. That includes my room at the Westin, airfare, cab fare, food, entrance ticket, and multiple figures, tshirts, & programs. Since my son & his friend can't attend I have to bring back multiple souvenirs. :)

I'm not a collector of autographs or figures so I don't have to worry about money for those. I do however have a thing for books so I'll have to see what pops up in the vendor area.

9. Tony-WanKenobiNC

Tony-WanKenobiNC Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2005
    Yeah, if you're planning on buying vintage stuff then your money won't go far otherwise, you'll be fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.