main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga How much of the EU do you accept into the films and The Clone Wars?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by skywalker_san, Mar 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gundark31

Gundark31 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2010
    Post ROTJ material should never have happened, the civil war period provided more than enough potential and gave the writers the opportunity to use dead characters like Vader,Tarkin and the Emperor.With just a little bit of tweaking popular stuff like the Thrawn trilogy could have taken place inbetween ANH and ESB.

EU is filled with some really awful ideas, IG 88 secretly controlling Death Star 2,small fighters that can destroy suns,clone emperor etc.I think it's best to just ignore it or just appreciate the pretty art in the comics like Lucas does, because the stories are generally weak and pointless.Star Wars works much better as visuals than novel in my opinion.

2. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    Exactly my thoughts. The novels did nothing for me, even from acclaimed authors like Zahn and Traviss. I do enjoy the cartoons as well as an occasional comic or game, mostly as a fast food to satiate my SW cravings. But only films are the canon. Even they have internal contradictions and retcons, I don't want to deal with the EU crap on top of that.

3. CoolUsernameHere

CoolUsernameHere Jedi Youngling

Jul 18, 2011
    I sometimes have trouble remembering that EU material I'm reading/playing/watching might not be canonical, especially if I really enjoy it and it doesn't directly contradict anything in the films.

4. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    the six films, the two ewok movies and The Clone Wars = canon

Genndy Tartakovsky Clone Wars = canon, unless contradicted by the current Clone Wars

anything else = EU and separate

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.