main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

how much pain does a light saber cause?

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by doublejointed, Nov 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    I think that a light saber cuts you open but if you live from it it would seal the wound up. Like when Anikin got his lower arm chopped off by Dooku.Right there it was like a golden liquid shooting out of his arm right as it was cut off.Yes but notice no blood. :p
    So the pain was so great that it knocked him right out. I guess alot of pain to overload his Pain receptors and then to just conk out. [face_plain]

2. SithLord127

SithLord127 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 19, 2002
    Don't forget lightsaber wounds immediatley cauterize after contact. Hence no bleeding, as well as it being a PG rated movie. Qui-Gon didn't bleed, Obi-Wan didn't and Anakin didn't even when he lost his arm. Even Darth Maul didn't after he got cut in half.

3. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Emperor_Billy_Bob Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 9, 2000
    The ego displayed by our topic creator is nearly unbearable.

4. DARTH_ABBADON

DARTH_ABBADON Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 9, 2002
    Think about hoe easy it was for Qui-Gon to cut through the blast doors in TPM. Now imagine doing that to human flesh. Dooku is a master swordsman, of course it's just going to look like taps. Anyone that good is bound to make it look easy. : )
    But that doesn't mean it doesn't hurt like a MOFO.

5. AAMD11

AAMD11 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    ill tell you who was in pain, Qui-Gon. that must of hurt so much.

6. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    "or having your internal organs seared with a saber

diverting pain is diverting pain

maybe I expect to much of humanity or jedis
    "

Sounds like it. [face_shocked]

7. Cheveyo

Cheveyo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2001
    Everyone seems to be debating the issue of pain; either Obi Wan couldn't bear it (he was weak, a wimp, etc), or bad directing and editing caused a simple "tap" to inflict body-dropping damage.

I like how the Martial Arts students says they learn to handle the pain of heat. I think that's great. More power to ya. ;) But what about natural physics? Can your muscle operate when it's torn? How about if it has a gaping gash in it, cauterized or not?

I think the book hints that Obi Wan tried to get up, but his muscles were damaged. Add to that the pain such injuries must have caused, and there you have it.

Works for me! :D

8. Jedi Greg Maddux

Jedi Greg Maddux Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 3, 1999
    Hmm... maybe I'll stick a hot dagger in my thigh and tell you what it feels like. ;) :p

Wouldn't the lightsaber likely kill some nerves? I'll bet that at first there would be excruciating pain, but after a while, just numbness.

9. RassyDreas

RassyDreas Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 9, 2002
    Q: How much pain does a lightsaber cause?

A: A lot. ;)

Just being a smartie, but I seriously believe that getting hit by a lightsaber must hurt like hell. Because on the OS, they say a lightsaber only generates heat when in contact with something. Now, imagine burning your finger, then multiply that 10^200power. It must really hurt.

Also, all the nerve endings in the human body are basically wired to the brain--that monk who burned himself alive died a very painful death.

Enjoy! :)

10. DarthGoldblum

DarthGoldblum Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 28, 2002
    So how long have Jedi used lightsabers?

Who constructs them?

11. MikeSolo

MikeSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    Just imagine someone shoving a super hot poker up your bum then taking a couple swords that are also very very hot and shoving them under your skin till they touch your bones.

12. PMT99

PMT99 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 23, 2000
    "Even Darth Maul didn't after he got cut in half."

I remember seeing some blood squirting out of Maul after he got cut in half.

13. SOLO_88

SOLO_88 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 9, 2002
    "I remember seeing some blood squirting out of Maul after he got cut in half. "

Yes, to PMT99 you listen.

Seems to vary according to physiology of subjects. (or the grittniess of the filmmaker at the time. I have yet to read in entierety GL's Star Wars noavel, but what I did read was surprisingly graphic and had aliens getting split down the middle like finally saw in AOTC) Think the alien in the bar in ANH. Blood on the floor from the arm. Hard to tell if Luke bled on his sleeve or if it was just sweat. I imagine if his flesh got superheated where it wascut, the adjacent flesh would sweat rather profusely..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.