main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How much snow did you get and other snow stories.....

Discussion in 'Archive: Winston-Salem, NC' started by spooky-kid, Feb 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spooky-kid

spooky-kid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 17, 2003
    Well we got about 8-10"s of snow at my house,. I wanna leave work early so I can go home and build some kinda snow creature. Has anyone ever built anything a little more unusual with snow before?

Some friends of mine and I all built an igloo the winter of 95 or 96. It was big enough for about 7-8 people to be really cramped. I remember it beeing so smokey in there that you couldn't see the person infront of you.

2. Padme_Karen

Padme_Karen Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2002
    I got about the same amount of snowizzle at my house in W-S Spook. I'm working from home today since I doubt that I can even get out of my neighborood. It's good to be me! My car is rear wheel drive and a little lower profile so its more of an expensive snow plow than anything else in this weather. Maybe I can plow some side streets for extra cashola.

When I was a kid my brothers and I used to build dinosaurs and just madeup creatures in the snow. We would also build forts to hide behind so we could ambush the neighbors with snow balls. Those were the days.
    The kids in my neighborhood barely play in the snow now and they even don't sled at all .. I guess they are scared. Pansys!! I might go down to my brothers later on and take my neices sledding .. those girls are fearless like their Aunt. hahahaha

Fun times!!

3. spooky-kid

spooky-kid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 17, 2003
    Not very good sleddin' snow today. too slushy!

4. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    We actually got about 4 inches of snow here in the Northern Atlanta suburbs. It was very pretty, but it made driving interesting yesterday morning. What was left this morning was slushy. The last remnants of the white stuff will probably be gone by tomorrow, as our high temperatures will reach into the 50s.

5. Padawan311

Padawan311 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 18, 2002
    Where I work in Madison, there wasnt much snow at all this morning maybe an inch or alittle more. Coming out of work this afternoon, it looked like it hadnt snowed at all. Looks like the more southern areas of NC are the ones that got hit hard by this storm. I have had enough of it though, BRING ON SPRING!!!!!

Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.