main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How much will Indy IV gross at the box office?

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Palpateen, May 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluesaber70

bluesaber70 Jedi Knight star 2

May 25, 2007
    The "Big 3" movies of next Summer are going to be:

Batman "The dark knight"

Superman "no title yet"

Indiana Jones "The valley of the Gods?"

I know Indy will beat out Superman. I think it's going to do very well. I can tell you people in my neck of the woods are getting excited. Watch, once that trailer hits and the famous Indy theam is playing the people will sit up in the seats.

2. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    I don't think that Superman will be bigger than Narnia, TDK will have a hard time as well. Both Batman and Superman barely made it past 200, Narnia on the other hand, made over 290.

IJ4 would need to hurt Narnia badly to get it below Superman, and while it definately will be hurt, I simply cannot see it drop so low that Superman has any chance to overtake it.

3. ObiWanCon

ObiWanCon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 15, 2004
    Sorry to correct you guys but the next Superman movie doesn't come out until Summer 2009 and has a working title of The Man of Steel.

4. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I actually kind of think it might not do that well at the box office. Which really isn't that important to me, especially as I don't think an Indy V is in consideration...

It's just that the general public reaction I've encountered talking about the film is more of a "lol" than a "cool".

However, once the trailers are out and such... that could change.

-sj loves kevin spacey

5. Palpateen

Palpateen Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2000
    Everybody I've talked to about Indy 4 is very excited and interested. The buzz is just now starting.

6. LordSilvertouch

LordSilvertouch Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2003
    Batman Begins caught people off guard, and i get a more commercial feeling from TDK. I think with the right marketing, The Dark Knight could be Indy's biggest rival. Indy's gonna gross twice as much, but TDK will still be it's biggest rival :p

7. ObiWanCon

ObiWanCon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 15, 2004
    TDK could make more than Indy IV but they come out two months apart from each other so Indy IV won't be directly competing with TDK.

8. mykillmyers

mykillmyers Jedi Master star 2

Feb 23, 2005
    I think it will do OK but nothing earth shattering.

9. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004
    It occurs to me that it really doesn't matter how much the movie actually takes in, I mean, it's not like they are considering greenlighting a sequel based on the movie's grosses or anything.

10. JohnWesleyDowney

JohnWesleyDowney Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2004

It occurs to me that it really doesn't matter how much the movie actually takes in

It does if you're the one paying for it. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.