main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST How much will Lucas be involved in the ST?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Carbon1985, Oct 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carbon1985

Carbon1985 Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2013
  2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I'll guess his biggest contribution will be on the story side of things and making sure things line up with the other six films. I don't think he'll interfere much when they start production and will allow JJ to do his thing directing wise. However, I do think JJ could seek his advice about how to keep it visually consistent with the other films.

Carbon1985 likes this.
  3. Carbon1985

Carbon1985 Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2013
    I think Lucas's best asset is his storytelling, as he has even admitted he is not a fan of writing and directing sometimes. In a sense, Lucas is Yoda for this trilogy, as JJ seeks his guidance for any storytelling questions!

4. LottDodd

LottDodd Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2002
    Lucas will be all over it. He won't "interfere" (read "The Making of Empire Strikes Back", He was very gracious with Kershner, I believe he will be even more so with JJ), but JJ will pick his brain on most every detail. It is part of getting the look and feel right. I believe it will be much like his work on the Clone Wars with Filoni. Now Lucas doesn't "own" Star Wars anymore, but that doesnt mean he is not the author of it's vision. I wouldnt be suprised if he shoots some second unit stuff. He is a mascot and a good luck charm.

5. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    I hope that if GL says no evil Force-users, JJ listens.

6. Rancorrr

Rancorrr Jedi Padawan

Jan 18, 2013
    purplerain likes this.
  7. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    It's looking pretty certain now that the ST will be Lucas' story - the characters, the planets and the situations. I think the best possible outcome is that utilise Lucas as much as possible with JJ directing. If these are Lucas' stories, then I'll be much happier and much more confident that I will like the end result.

8. DarthScubbles

DarthScubbles Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2004
    I am not sure how I feel about him being involved other than its his story so he deserves it to be his overall vision. However, it appears with age, we get a different Lucas then we had from the late 70's to early 80s. The one who had Gredo shoot first when he released the special editions. The one who softened with age (like Speilberg did taking the guns out of ET). I think that we need someone in charge who will go edgy again. Not all good guys need to be 100% good. We need more areas of grey in the ST.

9. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I always thought the Ewoks were extremely edgy. All cute and cuddly on the outside yet they want to roast and eat our heroes... terrifying. [face_nail_biting]

Darth Raiden and Count Yubnub like this.
  10. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    So just like the PT then?

purplerain likes this.
  11. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    Well that's certainly not JJ...

purplerain likes this.
  12. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4