How much will the Cartoon reveal about Palpidious?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by ManoWan, Nov 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ManoWan Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Haven't seen any clips alluding to an appearance by Darth Sidious per say. But I was surprised that they made such a strong inference to Palpidious' relationship with Anakin and how he is manipulating his development. Will the cartoon lean further toward exposing that Palpatine and Sidious are exactly the same person?
  2. JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Zilcho. Also, although obvious, this could be considered an Ep3 spoiler.

No need for any references to Ep 3 at all/>
  3. ManoWan Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I am specifically talking about what the Cartoon will infer about this character. This idea exists completely outside of EPIII.
  4. JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    No, the fact that Sidious and Palpatine are the same person can be considered a Ep3 spoiler.

No need for any references to Ep 3 at all/>
  5. ManoWan Jedi Youngling

star 4
    It was discussed ad-nauseum in the Attack of the Clones thread. That wasn't considered to be an EPIII spoiler.
  6. JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I suppose that's ok then.

But someone here was given a warning for saying that Luke and Leia being born in Ep3 was a spoiler, so some mods can be pretty strict about spoilers, including "Palpatine = Sidious"

Umm, let's err on the side of caution here, please. The only place in this forum for episode 3 spoilers is

Clone Wars information and Episode III spoiler news - *Contains Ep3 Spoilers* />
  7. ManoWan Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Just talking about what the Cartoon will infer, no EPIII spoiler in that. The discussion of the inference has gone on since EPI.

Back on topic. It was also interesting how Obi-wan and Yoda looked at each other showing their frustration at being overruled. It reminds me that Palpy is like the president, he is the commander in chief.

Also the warm look that Ani gives Palp compared to the angry look he gives Obi-wan. Well done. It hints at the evolution of both those relationships.

oh and Vortex, since you have nothing better to do than read every post me and Mebe make on a site where you are perma banned...I will show you the scene.....in 2005.
  8. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    > Haven't seen any clips alluding to an appearance by Darth Sidious per say

He, Sidious, will appear. He's a major motif on the "Baddie" side of the montage on the cartoonnetwork.com/clonewars site.

This thread is fine, so long as it continues as the author intended - that is will the clone wars cartoon infer that Palpatine = Sidious.

This can be discussed perfectly well without any reference to Episode 3.

If you want to tie the cartoons to known info regarding Episode 3, the only thread for that discussion in this forum is this one;

Clone Wars information and Episode III spoiler news - *Contains Ep3 Spoilers*
  9. ManoWan Jedi Youngling

star 4
  10. JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Will the cartoon lean further toward exposing that Palpatine and Sidious are exactly the same person?

JP, I have to disagree. If the above statement is not implying something, then I don't really see much of a difference. I have seen people mentioning in AOTC far less spoilerish than that, and been given warnings about that.

Just my $0.02
  11. ManoWan Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Dude, what is your deal? JP is a mod and he just cleared it. Leave it alone. If it steps over the line, they will pull it in. Discussing if the Cartoon will make an implication about a character is not an EPIII spoiler. It's speculation on the Cartoon.
  12. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    It's OK, I'm always willing to listen to opinions on Moderating decisions, and discuss them. :)

Will the cartoon lean further toward exposing that Palpatine and Sidious are exactly the same person?

JP, I have to disagree. If the above statement is not implying something, then I don't really see much of a difference. I have seen people mentioning in AOTC far less spoilerish than that, and been given warnings about that.

I read that "lean further towards" as coming from the clues given in TPM and AOTC that Sidious = Palpatine. No need to read any Episode 3 stuff into that sentence at all.

:)

And here's the proof Palps appears in Clone Wars;

[image=http://www.stonehavenhomestay.co.nz/images/darkside.jpg]

13. JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Thanks JP, as long as I get an explanation, I'm happy with that. Nothing wrong with learning.

And ManoWan, I think you should be a little more considerate to people when I want to discuss things with a mod.
  14. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    OK, look there was a bit of confusion in this thread. It's all cleared up now, so let's keep comments directed at one person to PM, and leave the thread open for the discussion at hand.

Thanks. :)
  15. jabba_the_nut Jedi Knight

star 2
    Interestingly, Darth Sidious is not listed in the "characters" section of the Cartoon Network website.
  16. -Super_Battle_Droid- Jedi Knight

The director said Sidious is in it, but only in a cameo.
  17. jabba_the_nut Jedi Knight

star 2
    I figured that's how it would be. The Clone Wars are Dooku's show.
  18. RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling

star 4
    What will it reveal about Palpatine? He has really crackly fingers :d
  19. JediTrilobite Force Ghost

star 7
    It's building on that entire relationship between them...
  20. Celticsfan Jedi Knight

star 3
    I wasn't sure if Sidious would be showing up at all in the cartoon, but the official site updated tonight with some cool new "Clone Wars" series avatars for HyperSpace members, and Sidious is one of 'em.

He's in hologram form, btw. :)
  21. ManoWan Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Yes, it would make sense that he will show up via hologram since that is mostly how he appears in the movies.

In last night's cartoon we see again that Anakin is coming to lean on the ego boost that Palpidious gives him. He defends his capability to lead the strike saying that Palpatine believes in him. And again they have Obi-wan disagreeing with that.

The father figure relationship is moving away from Obi-wan and toward Palpatine. This is by design on Palpatine's part. I believe It will play into getting Anakin's trust and helping to convert him to Sith when the time comes to reveal himself as Sidious.
  22. ManoWan Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Nothing on old Palpidious in these last few, hopefully they will touch on him tonight.
  23. ManoWan Jedi Youngling

star 4
    We found out something very interesting with the Ventress episode. Did you see it? Did you catch it?

Ventress used the force to disguise herself as a friendly character.

In my OPINION, this is what Sidious is doing with his Palpatine persona. I BELIEVE that establshing this ability is a hint to the audience.

(btw opinion and belief are not = spoil)
  24. JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Ventress didn't disguise herself, she killed the other character.
  25. ManoWan Jedi Youngling

star 4
    You are wrong. Dooku told her "you mask your presence well, flawless timing, perfect control".

That is not the praise of a good kill. The other persona was simply not there anymore, it wasn't dead on the floor.

Watch the espisode again.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.