Before How Not To Write A Newsletter (Humor) Qui-Gon/ creche Xanatos/ OC's

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Layren, Dec 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Layren Force Ghost

star 5
    Title: How Not To Write A Newsletter
    Author: Layren
    Characters: Qui-Gon, Xanatos, Kyran
    Summary: A little bit of insanity..
    Author's Note: I blame Fluff-Slayer. This whole bunny of writing a fic where two Jedi are stuck on a roof with a youngling is her idea :p

?This is all your fault.?

Silence.

?It most certainly is not. You were the one who decided to rent an airspeeder.?

?How was I to know it would malfunction?" the rich baritone of his friend?s voice asked sounding miffed.

?You?re Qui-Pain Jinn, something always malfunctions,? the other retorted.

?Shut up, Josel. Let?s just figure out a way to get down,? Qui-Gon complained.

?Oh so you?re calling me Josel now are you? Need I remind you that we have a council meeting in ten minutes? It?s going to be fun to explain why we?re late to the Council.?

?Force be merciful,? Qui-Gon said with a groan. He was distracted by the youngling at his side tugging on his tunic.

?Master Qui-Gon, Sir, it?s cold up here.?

?I know Xani, we?ll get down soon,? Qui-Gon said, trying to soothe the upset youngling and wrapping the boy in his cloak.

?You know we could just call the Council and tell them we?re going to be late,? Kyran suggested wrapping his robe around himself.

?Oh and have them laugh at us for being stuck on the roof?? Qui-Gon asked darkly.

Kyran grinned. ?Better than the alternative.?

?Which is??

?Freezing all night,? Xanatos chimed in helpfully.

Qui-Gon groaned. ?Xanatos, you?re not helping.?

?Yes I am, Master Qui-Gon, I?m pointing out options!? the young one said in excitement. ?Hey look! What?s that??

Qui-Gon peered at what the boy was looking at. ?It looks like a ledge to get to the fire exit.?

Xanatos beamed at his discovery and slipped away before Qui-Gon could protest. He walked across the rafter and jumped down the chute and disappeared from view.

?Xani!? Qui-Gon yelled as he realized the young one had disappeared. He and Kyran bolted to the rafter and looked over the edge, desperately searching. With bated breath they waited, desperately hoping the boy had not misjudged the distance. After a few minutes the boy?s voice came up to them, ?It?s alright! I found a way down! The chute is the fire exit and it has a platform and a door to the Temple!?

Qui-Gon tried to calm his racing heart. Xanatos had nearly given him a heart attack.

?After you, Master Qui-Gon, Sir,? Kyran mocked, gesturing to the chute.

Qui-Gon slid down the chute and came out at the platform and quickly moved before Kyran could plow into his back. ?Excellent deduction, Xani.?

The boy grinned at him as they ran, disheveled, hair askew to the Council meeting.. they were now late for.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

?So you see, we really weren?t late?? Qui-Gon tried to persuade, trying to ignore the twelve stares of the Councilors that were boring into him.

?Oh really? Arriving five minutes past the scheduled time is generally the definition of late, Master Qui-Gon.?

?We were merely being creative in our approach to solving problems,? Xanatos chimed in.

The two senior Councilor?s looked at each other and groaned. ?Not again. Qui-Gon, when we mentioned that knights should be more creative in their problem solving approaches, we didn?t mean you.?

?That?s the last time we let Master Poof write the Temple Newsletter.?

THE END
  2. Neon Star Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    LOL Too cute, Layren. Just like Ky and Qui to get themselves into such situations, and love your lil' Xan, too adorably smart and take charge even at such an age.
  3. VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus

star 8
    Aw! :) That was wonderful! =D=
  4. Fluff-Slayer Jedi Knight

star 2
    Just what every master wants to see: their padawan leaping from a roof. [face_laugh] Poor Qui-Gon.

Well done! [:D]
  5. BrightFeather Jedi Knight

star 3
    Trying to give poor Qui a heartattack, hm?
  6. Lovely-in-Orange Jedi Knight

star 3
    This was adorable and funny... poor Qui-Gon!
    The two senior Councilor?s looked at each other and groaned. ?Not again. Qui-Gon, when we mentioned that knights should be more creative in their problem solving approaches, we didn?t mean you.? [face_laugh]
  7. Princess_Arulmozhi Force Ghost

star 4
    [face_laugh] Funny, funny, Laurie. Poor Qui, having to explain it all. Loved Xani. And Kyran. :D "Master Qui-Gon, sir!"

Nice work!
  8. Master_Noi Jedi Master

star 4
    ?Not again. Qui-Gon, when we mentioned that knights should be more creative in their problem solving approaches, we didn?t mean you.?

I really liked this line. [face_laugh]
  9. Kestrel_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 4
  10. Katieelessar Jedi Knight

star 2
  11. dianethx Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    That was really cute. So the youngling led the way. I could just picture Xan doing that.

Good job.
  12. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Awww, cute and sweet Layren. :D :D
  13. Aya-Na_Bashu Jedi Knight

star 2
    ?Not again. Qui-Gon, when we mentioned that knights should be more creative in their problem solving approaches, we didn?t mean you.?

:rolleyes: [face_laugh]
  14. KELIA Manager Emeritus

star 6
    ?You?re Qui-Pain Jinn, something always malfunctions,?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh][face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I loved Xanatos' soultion to the problem.

Nice job!

=D= =D= =D= =D=
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.