How often do you buy action figures?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by thebeanpole, Sep 7, 2013.

Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT
  1. thebeanpole Jedi Knight

star 2
    Just curious, how often does everyone who collects the action figures here buy them? Do you buy them once in a great while, all the time, in bulk, etc.?
  2. TrakNar Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    If I happen to see a figure that I either want or like, I'll pick it up. I'm usually keeping my eyes open for figures at yard sales, and if I want a specific figure, I'll hit up eBay. As for my buying frequency, not very often. Once every few months, if that.
  3. Ani501st Jedi Padawan

star 3
    Well, it depends. In 2013, I only bought some figures of the TCW final wave at the beginning of the tear and now the AT-RT w/ ARF Trooper 501st and Tactical droid. I'm going to buy some other figures this year.
    My buying frequency depends on the year and depends on which figures.
    For example, in 2011 I bought figures all of the time but in 2012 and 2013 it is once every few months.
  4. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Lucasfilm Ltd Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    Depends on what's available. My collection is mostly Fett-based so new Leias, Lukes, etc usually don't interest me. However, if I like the look of a non-Fett figure I'll usually try to pick it up. I buy the books and comic tpb/omnibus volumes more than I do action figures. I'm more of a Koto/minibust/statue collector as well.
  5. Juke Skywalker Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I collect a lot of action figure/toy lines other than Star Wars (mostly 70s/80s stuff). I'm collecting the new 6" Black series, but otherwise I'm pretty much done with the new stuff. I typically add a figure/vehicle/playset a week (Mostly on eBay, but it was made even easier recently, as a new toy shop that buys and sells 70s/80s/90s toys just opened up nearby), but I spread the love. A little Star Wars here, a dash of G.I. Joe there, a pinch of Masters of the Universe.
  6. Drac39 Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    It really depends on if I see something I like. As of right now I don't really buy any new figures based on the prequels so it's been a while since I picked up a figure.
  7. Aaronaman Jedi Knight

star 4
    I've started searching for a few MOU figures now as well...they always interested me as kid, especially the villans :D

As for SWs figures I seem to pick up new figures on a regular basis, mostly OT based though but my PT collection seems to be growing steadily. I really like the VC Jar Jar figure, Hasbro did an amazing job of making him look just as he did on screen...it has to take a very special figure to tempt me into buying a figure from the EU (hasn't happened yet haha)

As for the Vintage Figures, I'll freely admit I have a problem and can't seem to pass one up when its offered to me...instead of going to AA I think I need VFA lol
    jedi_barry_jones likes this.
  8. Juke Skywalker Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The good news is that they're pretty easy to find and still not that expensive, with a few exceptions; Faker, Sorceress. It's a really colorful line, and yeah the villains are great.

[face_laugh]
  9. PadmeLeiaJaina Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I generally peruse the figure aisles - if something's on sale/clearance I might pick it up, if it's a figure I really want I'll get it, if I can find it. I am picking up the 6" line, but other than that I have gobs of figures that I can't really display (no room and a puppy who'd think they were marvelously fun to munch on.)

Occasionally I'll pick up lots on ebay if there's someone in there that interests me.

I don't care what they are, if I find figures at thrift shops I'll pick them up.
Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT