main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How Often Do You Change Your Site's Look?

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Sites' started by Daughter_Of_TheForce, Mar 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrincessLeia222

PrincessLeia222 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 14, 2002
    I change the look whenever I feel the need and am bored with the old one. My sites been up since May 17 and I am on Version 3.0. The first version was just a Padme collage, the second was Padme handmaiden disguises from TPM and my newest one is the lake retreat gown. I am thinking about either the Garage Gown(After Anakin kills the Tuskens) or her Homecoming gown (from the deleted scene).

2. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    My fifth website finally has a new look. I've converted back to frames and I am soo happy :D

Fated to Be

Took me only 3 days to work on :D

~aeryn

3. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    great layout once again aeryn! :D

well i finally got around to updating my site's layout. i decided to go with an inline frame design this time around.

grimby.tripod.com

4. Ardens_Furore

Ardens_Furore Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    This is a funny question for me. I've been working on my website for 3 years now and it's not even finished. At first, I came up with a design. I worked on implementing it for a while, but then I halted the development. Then, I made changes to the design. Those changes got halted too. By this time, I hadn't even uploaded the site. A year ago, I scrapped all the code I wrote and started from scratch. I decided to get rid of all the table layouts, and switch to CSS only. After a year of on and off work, I can say that the site is basically finished. The only thing I need to do is create some background graphics and then finish writing up the content. Sooner or later it'll be done. Then I need to find a suitable host to put them. Probably my family's ISP account, since it doesn't have ads. (and ads destroy the XHTML compliant code!)

Since it took me so long to develop the site design, I doubt I'll change it very soon. The CSS layout works on IE5, IE6, Netscape 6/7, Mozilla 1.x and Opera 7. These things usually never happen (especially with CSS), so if I touch anything, I'm afraid it won't work anymore.

5. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    sounds great! i would very much like to see your site, AF!

6. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    thanks Grimby the Hutt :d i finally got back my screen caps but they're so dark. i remember what the old layout for fated to be looked like. i still have the old banner to.

~aeryn

7. Ardens_Furore

Ardens_Furore Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    sounds great! i would very much like to see your site, AF!

I hope to have the pages done by September. Hopefully.

8. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    I'm working on a brand new layout for Obidala Sanctuary. This one, I don't have that much coding to do, so I should be finished with relatively soon.

Obidala Sanctuary

~aeryn

9. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Consruction on Obidala Sanctuary, is still going on, but I know on Friday, I'll have a lot of time to work on it.

On a side note, I have finally worked on a layout for my fanlisting that I am very proud of and I really like this one.

Tainted Love

It took me a whole day to get everything right.

~aeryn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.